Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

HOW TO: Remove your 2007 dash for LED Mod

52K views 48 replies 33 participants last post by  CProgrammer 
#1 ·
Alright, well, let me start by saying that Browning Buck is of outstanding character, and his MOTY is definitely one of the sweetest...

The least i owe him is a write-up on how to remove the dash on the 07-08.l

Start by removing the middle screws for the windscreen and pulling the mirrors off:

Then pull the 2 screws on the backside of the upper, as well as the 2 screws that attach the upper stay to the ram-air tube:

Now its time to remove the upper fairing, you will have to be careful when separating it from the side fairings.

Now remove the four 8mm bolts holding the upper fairing stay to the ram-air tube, as well as the screws holding the upper part of the lights on it:

See less See more
#2 ·
Now proceed to remove the 2 screws attaching the dash to the fairing stay:

Now flip the entire stay assembly over and remove the 3rd screw securing the dash:

Now unplug the harness from the back of the dash, peeling back the rubber to expose the little tab needed to pull it out:

Now box up your dash and send it to BrowningBuck for the gear indicator and LED color change MOD!!

^^ as you can see i'm about as good at taking pictures as i am using my words.. i apologize in advance.. and if anyone has anything to add.. be my guest!

#3 ·
Great job with the write up man i am sure Browning Buck
and his customers will thank you as well

#5 · (Edited)
Made a mistake here and said something I shouldn't have.

#8 ·
Great write up. And you are 100% correct, BrowningBuck is the Man. He does great work, with very fast turn around time and the BEST Customer Service you could expect!

#9 · (Edited)
and if you feel like continueing the DIY gauge mod sega, you can do this:

This is originally by Jotaro, same guy who pioneer the technique with the 07 Tundra gauges.

Ok, here's a brief 'How To'

What you need:
- An '07 or '08 CBR600RR
- A good soldering station
- Some PLCC2 LED's, you can get them from oznium.com
- Long nose plier, or whatever you wanna call it
- A little bit of mechanical/electrical aptitude
- Accept that if you fvckt it up it's your own fault, heheh.

To remove gauge cluster, follow service manual, in a nut shell: remove fairing stay (4 flanged hex head screw and 2 socket cap screw), remove connector then remove gauge from fairing stay (3 phillips pan head screws).

Now for some images:

and VOILA

#14 ·
Excellent mang.. It is cool to see the cluster. I am glad YOU posted that. Nice JOB!!
Good day

#15 ·
you can remove that clear plastic deal without desoldering, just pull straight upwards on the needles base, it pops right out. then remove the 2 faceplate screws, just dont scratch it..

what i want to know is what the dual a k points are on the pcb between the needle and the gas guage screen.... hmmmmmmmmm do i see a potential hookup for a rev light???????

#16 ·
YES... Yes I would LOVE to know about a way to get a rev light ....
Bryan PLZ keep your ears open about this..

#21 ·
Guys, two quick questions as I prepare my approach for installation of the gauge cluster (with Brownbuck's gear indicator).

1) I assume after programming, the unit retains its programming after the battery is removed?

2) Is there any way to access the programming button once the cluster and upper is installed (I didn't pay attention before disassembly).

Thanks,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.