Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

What's in a Repsol bike?

79K views 57 replies 36 participants last post by  shinfo 
#1 ·
Please edumacate me but what is the fusses with Repsol bike? Do they have better performance or just the color scheme that everyone likes? Why is everyone head over hill for this "Repsol" bike? :dontknow:

#2 ·
It's just a paint job.

Do you know the history of Repsol Honda in GP? Basically, it's the one of the most sought-after teams in motorcycle racing. The Repsol bike has seen so many amazing riders sporting their colors that even having Honda offer us a replica starts making us believe we are badasses :D

I was lucky enough to ride one side by side with a 08 1000RR. High quality pics too!

#6 ·
Nope, it's a Honda best painted bike ever...other than the HRC 1000RR for 2009...I like it better...
All the technical stuff is the same as on other color RRs...

IT's ONLY A COLOR SCHEME THAT MAKES A DIFFERENCE!!!

#10 ·
Holy crap...you beat me to the punch! I was gonna ask the SAME question today after seeing someone park their Repsol replica on the bike(bicycle; not motorcycle) rack at my university. I guess having one gives them the right to do so....:bootyshak

#11 ·
all want a repsol bike trust me if not maybe 3 of 5 riders want the repsol bike me in the 3 :D i love it since i see it wow!! the scheme is crazy and bad ass like the other guys say and i think always a bike with a special scheme be attractive. i think

rodrigo

#13 ·
correct me if im wrong fellas,...i cant remember exactly where i got this info, but if i remember correctly, honda thought it was a good idea to make a street version of the rcv212...which turned out to be the 600 and 1000 "racing replicas" (hence the name "RR"). since our bikes have almost the same look (body outline) as the rcv212, getting the repsol graphics on a 600rr really would give the bike that badass GP look

#21 ·
The bike is just flatout sexy looking.

#23 ·
errrrrrrrmmm your just paying for the sponsers and paint job on the bike,yer u can get ur own rep, but like someone said above it would be stickers,you can get a rep spray paint job then lacquered,but ur talking mega bucks,or just buy a repsol bike from your dealer

#26 ·
It's pretty simple - it looks great. If you don't see, you don't need one ;)

They aren't that much more than the reg 1000rr, only $500 (well according to MSRP)

For those of you that don't like them, or don't think they are worth it ... means a better chance for people like me to get one! :icon_pidu

#35 ·
this was for my Valencia 40th Anniversary edition, all the history i found..

a few articles
http://motorsport.com/news/article.a...2686&FS=MOTOGP
Hayden, team-mate Dani Pedrosa and their RCVS wore a special one-off livery today that celebrates Repsol's 40 years of motorsport sponsorship, using the same livery that featured on the company's first rally cars in 1969. Repsol moved into motorcycle sponsorship two years later with Derbi riders Angel Nieto, who won the 1971 125 World Championship, and Barry Sheene, who took 33rd in that year's 250 World Championship. Since then Repsol has won an amazing 33 World Championships with Nieto, Sheene, Mick Doohan, Alex Criville, Valentino Rossi and Pedrosa.

http://www.repsol.com/es_en/producto...e/default.aspx
The following achievements are living proof of Repsol Motos reliability: five-time consecutive 500cc World Champions (1995-1999) and a twice-consecutive Moto GP World Champion in 2002-2003. These accomplishments are the result of continuous and long-standing research, testing and efforts undertaken by Repsol YPFs team. Only in this way we can rest assured, knowing that we are offering World Champion Lubricants.Our product line sums up everything that we have learned while racing on two wheels. With more than 35 titles worldwide since 1969, Repsol is the championship quality.

http://idealslot.wordpress.com/fly/s...neda-ref-a932/
Pics of 1970 rally porche with the livery of the white paint scheme

http://www.speedtv.com/gallery/view/907373/155253
more pics

http://esadealumni.net/ea/activities...d_evento=68961
Javier Inclán, Director for Sports Sponsorship at Repsol YPF, was the first to speak: "Repsol can speak authoritatively on the subject of sports sponsorship as a communication strategy". He went on to cover the history of Repsol's sports sponsorship, beginning with the company's backing of Ángel Nieto in the world's first 125cc World Grand Prix in 1969 and through to the latest trial bike victories.

"At Repsol, our approach to sports sponsorship has undergone a radical shift", said Inclán. He explained that oil companies tend to be unpopular with the public - "That makes it hard to get consumers on your side but we have managed to do it thanks to racing". Inclán therefore considered sports sponsorship to be "a key tool in pursuing our marketing and communication policy".

"Our racing drivers wave the company flag so it's vital that they win. Repsol not only sponsors the drivers, it also makes the fuel for their cars. That's why we really give them everything we've got. After all, if they lose, it's bad for our image", stressed Inclán.

He also noted that beating the drum with an ambitious communication campaign can give even modest sponsorship much greater impact. Repsol, through its advertising campaigns, has changed the focus of its products and lays ever more emphasis on racing drivers.

This was particularly true in the 2006 advertising campaign, when Dani Pedrosa made the jump to Moto GP, directly linking the racing driver's emotions with the brand. "We link races to the benefits for ordinary consumers", Inclán said.

Inclán then opened the floor open to questions. He was asked whether Repsol would withdraw from sports sponsorship. He answered "It would be hard because it's part and parcel of the company's strategy. But if we had to ditch sponsorship, it would be when we were on a winning streak. You can't give up when the going gets tough".

There were also questions for the drivers. Seven times champion Laia Sanz said "you stay motivated and try harder to win each year, even though racing doesn't get as much coverage as football or tennis". Toni Bou, World Trial and Indoor Trial Champion in 2007, talked about how his link with Repsol began: "The company wanted a Spanish driver who could win races. I started a long way behind and although I hadn't won any world medals, it put its faith in me". On this point, Inclán added: "We don't get involved in team management - we have people who do that for us. If we interfered in the running of the team, it would be a disaster - as other companies have found to their cost".

Inclán concluded by setting out the benefits of winning races - "for example, the Emir of Qatar runs a country that has the world's third biggest gas reserves. He gave us preferential treatment over other oil companies because he knows we are the main sponsors of the World GP". He also noted that "one cannot sponsor all sports events - you have to find a real link because that shapes communication".

The subject matter of the talk entitled "Repsol YPF: key aspects of sports sponsorship" will focus on Repsol YPF's sports sponsorship strategy. The talk will analyse its mission, objectives, courses of action and exploitation, as well as the main results obtained.

http://translate.google.com/translat...N&start=20
The Spanish oil company Repsol held today at the Ricardo Tormo circuit which takes the Grand Prix of Valencia on the first act of its 40th anniversary by decorating their bikes, the Spanish Dani Pedrosa and Nicky Hayden of the U.S., with the colors and logos 1969.

The first pilots who carried the colors, blue, white and red, were Alberto Ruiz Giménez, and José Manuel Doncel Eladio Lencinas.

The Spanish brand signed to Angel Nieto in 1971 that eventually add 12 +1 world title. That year, Nieto was champion and runner 50 cc to 125 cc

Before the dispute career Grand Prix MotoGP, Repsol a BMW Classic will return to one of the Ricardo Tormo track with Alex Crivillé and Angel Nieto, who in 1999 won the only championship that has a pilot in the Spanish class with the queen Honda's official team Repsol.

http://translate.google.com/translat...N&start=30

Cheste (Valencia) .- The Spanish oil company Repsol held today at the Ricardo Tormo circuit which takes the Grand Prix of Valencia on the first act of its 40th anniversary by decorating their bikes, the Spanish Dani Pedrosa and Nicky Hayden of the U.S., with colors and logos 1969.

(EFE) The pilot Spanish MotoGP Dani Pedrosa, Repsol Honda.
The first pilots who carried the colors, blue, white and red, were Alberto Ruiz Giménez, and José Manuel Doncel Eladio Lencinas.

The Spanish brand signed to Angel Nieto in 1971 that eventually add 12 +1 world title. That year, Nieto was champion and runner 50 cc to 125 cc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.