Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Why do you ride?

3K views 25 replies 22 participants last post by  Handyman 
#1 ·
I'm just sitting here on the computer thinking about all the reasons I get out and ride my bike. The freedom, the thrill, adrenaline rush, my escape from reality. What's your reasons? I believe we are all a brotherhood on this forum and most of us would do anything for a fellow rider. You guys are all my second family and I enjoy sharing my passion with my fellow 600rr riders!!

#2 ·
1. Second best feeling in the world after sex
2. Because I don't think about the annoying things in life like work or other drama while riding
3. Because you can own something as fast and cool as a Ferrari without having the money to do so
4. I believe you are born with the motorcycle fever in your blood
5. Because bikes are sexy as hell and everyone knows it

#7 ·
same reasons I posted in the first of these 1000 identical posts
Damnit, y'all caught me slippin I'm usually the first to rip on duplicate threads

#14 ·
the SPEED...to see a flat open paved road and nobody is there............WOOOO MAMMA!
Ill take your RR off your hands. You need a GSX-R.

#23 · (Edited)
I can't speak for anybody else but for me, riding is not "fun". When I think fun, I think going out with friends to some place or an amusement park or something like that.

And I don't need to ride to escape my life. I like my life. If I needed a bike to use as a getaway tool, I would examine what's wrong in my life to make me feel that way.

That said, I love riding. When I ride, on the track specifically, I got a lot of satisfaction out of what I'm doing. When I'm riding to the best of my ability and the bike is doing what I want it to and it almost feels like the bike is just an extension of you, I'm satisfied with that. It's a good feeling but quite different from fun. You don't have to be good at anything to have fun but if I wasn't good at riding, I would not be satisfied and it wouldn't be what most call "fun". Everybody's different. I know Rossi is more of a having fun type rider but Biaggi is more of a satisfaction of riding well rider. I think I'm more like Biaggi in that sense but I'm more of a Rossi fan... hrmmm.

Other than that, street riding has its place and I just like being on the bike sometimes even if I'm not railing on it.

#24 ·
I get the same feeling when I'm riding that I get when I'm shooting my guns. People always ask what it is that makes it so great and I can never give a direct answer because it is unlike anything I've ever experienced. It is everything rolled into one. The excitement, the challenge, the skill, the sheer joy it brings to me. Almost anyone can shoot a gun and ride a motorcycle but not everyone can do it well and that is where I get my satisfaction. I may not be the best but I always making sure I'm doing what I need to do to be the best that I can be.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.