Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

I think my time with sport bikes might be over.

9K views 56 replies 27 participants last post by  VenomRR 
#1 ·
I love my 600RR... I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. But I think I'm starting to lean towards getting a Street Triple / R

I loved the 675 I borrowed, and the ergos of the Street feel amazing. I have been planning on putting my RR on the track for awhile and I think at the end of this year I'm going to do it.

I have an 06 RC51 for those times when I feel like assuming the position, but I'm really being drawn into a Street or Speed triple somethin' fierce.

Do any of you guys happen to have one? I'd love to see if anyone has a naked bike to back up their track/supersport street bike!!

This post has been deleted
#20 ·
I agree, I was thinking more about how it'd be if I had to make the cbr the only bike always or make another and you cant. I have a commuter car and a sportier rally car for different uses. Life gets boring fast with 1 toy even if you didn't master it. The new ninja 650r is also a great bike

#22 ·
Thread revival! Wow found this through an unrelated google search...

Look what I bought 6 months later (and still ride to this day)

I put almost 40,000 miles on my CB1000R now and it's become my daily commuter. I still ride my CBR plenty (29k miles) but it's definitely enjoyed on weekends instead of in traffic!

I HIGHLY recommend you guys make the switch to a comfy but still sporty bike for your every day riding. Makes the CBR that much more enjoyable when you do ride it.

Note how similar this looks to that Street Triple I posted? Same exhaust. Same color. Belly pan... guess I had this all planned out and I don't even remember it lol

#25 ·
I would love an up rite as soon as funds allow. Is that a single sided swingarm on a cb1000?? My eyes suck...

#24 ·
I flipped my clipons on my 03 the other day, makes a fair amount of difference in position. Not quite stock but not completely upright, it is somewhere in the middle and it feels good.

#27 ·
My buddy was always complaining about the ergos on his '06 CBR 600 so I told him about the striple last year. Last summer we went up and looked at them and he test rode one.

Fast forward to this year and he started looking at modern used ones. I told him to get a new one as he was already almost there with the prices of a new-used one. So he picked up a 2016 with the RX (?) option in silver with red. It's an unreal bike. I haven't rode it as it's new but he's loving the ergos and he's driven it back and forth between the neighboring towns (about an hour ride each time).

I got his old 600 and I right away did a bunch of maintenance on it, it's now way faster then it was, and I cleaned his clock on the striple. So you might want to check into how fast they really are because he said there was no way he could catch me. He didn't even bother trying. He said it was rated at 100 HP or so and felt it should be in the same league but I went -2/+3 on the 600 and just nailed it all the way through to top end and I had to wait a long time for him to catch up.

But it's a gorgeous bike. I said to him, now he's got class! :laugh: Literally. When I think of the places we go and the other bikes we see at the stops, his has got to be near the top. There's a reason why they are so popular and it's well-deserved.

I suggest keeping both and use the 600 when you need to blow your brains out on those rare occasions and use the striple for everything else. That way you have the best of both worlds.

He did say that he figured he could clean my clock in the corners with the Striple but I found that the suspension on the 600 was really far out of whack and I've since dialed it in quite a bit.....>:)

#28 ·
I got his old 600 and I right away did a bunch of maintenance on it, it's now way faster then it was, and I cleaned his clock on the striple. So you might want to check into how fast they really are because he said there was no way he could catch me. He didn't even bother trying. He said it was rated at 100 HP or so and felt it should be in the same league but I went -2/+3 on the 600 and just nailed it all the way through to top end and I had to wait a long time for him to catch up.
I forget which year (probably all), but MotorcycleUSA found that the Daytona 675 and CBR600RR would make the exact same 1/4 mile times, all said and done. Of course, gearing changes directly affect acceleration so it's no surprise you walked away from him after that change.

For laughs/crying, check this thread of myself and several others throwing down about gearing. I screw up several times trying to explain how it all works, and generally wise forum person wibbly is completely wrong. No one looks good here but it's fun to read. http://www.600rr.net/vb/19-tires-su...y-need-talk-about-sprockets-everyone-now.html

#29 ·
Side note.

New sv650 coming in 2017 i believe

#31 ·
I bought a new SV650 in 2002. I loved that bike, put around 20k mi on it. It had a lot of usable torque, it was thin like a dirt bike. The one thing that i did not like about mine was there was no wind protection which really made it hard to ride long distance comfortably. Naked bikes are all the craze these days but I would never go back simply because of the wind that just blew me around.

I would consider an SV650S with the fairings though.

#34 ·
I almost bought a few SV650's before the CB1000R came up for sale here at Honda.

I love the bike and wish I had more experience with them. I've done a few rides, helped buddies buy them and ride them home for them as a first bike. I love the Silver SV650S with belly pan and upper fairing. That's a sharp looking ride.

Here's some good shots of my CB1000R, because I like to be a showoff.

Attachments

#41 · (Edited)
Dude, I buy and sell bikes as a sort of side job while i'm in college. I bought an 03 speed triple 955i a month ago, and almost sold my f4i and kept the 955i. GREAT bikes. LOVE the triple and the ergos so much. In the end I decided to sell it. It had 40k on the clock, and a couple of other issues. I made money on it, but either way. They're great bikes and if you can find a clean one, I'd go for it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.