Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Charlotte_NC OHLINS_MASTER_DEALER
Thanked 106 Times in 94 Posts
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
** Forum Members Feedback Needed. Time to Chime in. **
This post is to HELP all the Site Sponsors/Vendors with good feedback from You The Forum Members.
What Drives your Purchase Decisions ?
What's important to you when purchasing from a company ?
Please leave company names off your post.
We don't want it to turn into a " " Joe's Bike Shop is awesome " "Joe's Bike shop sucks "
This Thread is supposed to be helpful for ALL the SiteSponsors/Vendors.by letting us know more about the Forum Members. What influences you to purchase from a company. What's important to you. And what's not.
Here is a Quick List of Key Points that most people consider when making a Purchase.
1) PRICE - Obviously with the current economy this is going to be first on everyone's List.
So Lets just assume, that everyone will put that 1st on their list.
That being said, Take a second and Post up.....in Order of Priority....... OF These Most Common Key Points (Other than #1 Price) , :Which ones come first on your list..
Which ones are important to you.? Top of your List
Which ones are not that important. ? Lower on your list.
We have put them in RANDOM ORDER. But, you can arrange them in whatever priority they are to you.
And of course post comments.
- Answers their phones when they are open ---- (Not saying every company can have a full sales staff and a bunch of dedicated Sales lines, so that you never get voicemail. That is Rare. But, Key point being, MOST of the time when you call, someone answers the phone. Nothing more annoying that Not being able to get someone to answer the phone, no matter what time of the day you call. )
- Replies to your emails in a timely manner ----- (Again, not saying every company can have a dedicated staff to do nothing but reply to emails 24/7. Key point being, MOST of the time when you email them during "NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS" you get a reply within an hour. Not 2 days later, or even worse no reply at all. )
- FREE Shipping ---- (Key Point : FREE SHIPPING)
- Knowledgeable Sales Staff ---- ( Key point : The person taking your order, knows the products, knows the bikes, knows what should fit, and what probably won't. Has 1st hand experience with the products your considering... We have all experienced what it's like to ask someone about a product, and they have no idea what it is, or what it does. All they do is sell it )
- A Real Store with a Physical Address and a phone number ---- ( Key Point :You know they are going to be there for the long haul. Not a "here today, gone tomorrow". There is nothing worse than seeing a PO BOX as the company's Physical address. Or no phone number listed, instead a.. "Email is Preferred method of contact ".
- Tracking numbers sent as soon as your product shipping ---- (Key point : They just email it to you automatically. That way you can track it, and you know when it will be arriving. You don't have to call or email and ask for it. Or worse your told. " You cannot get a tracking number until at least 14 days after your order..? WTF? )
- Repeat Customer Discount or Customer Loyalty Discount ---- (Key Point : In some form or another the company appreciates your continued business and gives you something extra for sticking with them. Either Store Credit, or Extra Discounts...etc.. )
- Order Status Updates ---- (Key point : As soon as you place your order, you are confident it will be processed quickly. Otherwise the company will email and/or call you immediately, to inform you of any delays and let you decide to continue or cancel or change order)
- Informative Website (Key point : Lots of information on the specific products, and Details Photos. Not just a "Here's the part, and here's the price. with a generic photo or no photo at all )
- Fast Shipping ---- (Everyone wants their stuff, Yesterday. Unfortunately, that's impossible. :-) But, you expect it to get to you quickly 2-5 days in most cases.. Not 2-3 weeks later. Unless your notified it's on back order.)
- Tech Support/Customer service that you can call and get Answers ---- (Key point : They don't just take orders. They can give you important information that helps you make an informed decision on what your buying. ie.. (will this fit my bike.? What do I need.?? Will this product work with That product. Are they compatible ? What size Sprockets do I need. How Fat of a Tire can I squeeze on my Rim )
AGAIN, please leave ALL company names off your post.
You're welcome to give past experiences you have had and how it has changed the way you make your decision. That's what we are looking for. Not a Bash fest on anyone or a HYPE Fest on anyone.
HardRacing.com - 704-799-2192
OHLINS_Premier Dealer_Great_Prices, Tech_Support, Full_Staff_of_Sales_Reps, Fast_Shipping, Large_Inventory and Excellent_Customer_service.
Become a FAN & And get Exclusive SMOKIN' Deals. Celebrating our 17th year in business.