Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Pushed my new bike 5.5 miles home and got pulled over

9K views 127 replies 52 participants last post by  NaturalPhenomenon 
#1 ·
So I'm pretty new here and I had a cbr 250cc 2011 I figured I'd upgrade from selling me old bike. I found a guy on 600rr.net goes by the name of bryan (beryenbeh) I had found his cbr online for sale and it was 6k. I schedule an arrangement to go check out the bike. As soon as I got there he was a pretty decent guy. The bike started right but and that was when I checked all of the maintenance and stuff. Right when I was about to ride it home the bike didnt start. He had asked me, "what did you do to the bike". I looked at him and said wtf I didnt even do anything all i did was start up the engine. In my head i knew he was up to something. He had a car battery within 3 feet away from him as if he knew what was wrong with the bike. The motorcycle started I rode it home. He left me with the bike with an empty tank. As soon as I pumped gas and took the bike out for a ride i was about 6 miles away from home. next thing you know the battery died. I called him up and he said the battery had 5 year warranty on it he calls me back again and said sorry it was only 1 year warranty that was when I had no money no friends with a truck and a flatbed. I pushed the bike home for 4 hours half naked because it was hot as f***. then a police officer pulled me over as i was pushing a 300 something pound bike. He had thought I stole it.. i mean who wouldn't think so came home around 3am dead tired just went to sleep woke up went to go buy a battery for 200$ and replaced the HID bulbs and ballast with regular long lasting bulbs i spent about 250 dollars. Sigh if i knew i was gonna get into this pushing the bike home kinda thing i dont think i would have bought this bike then he was complaining how i wanted to lowball just 300 dollars off from 6000 and said he was doing me a favor by taking off 200 the dude said the bike was sold as is. As of right now I really do not know who is wrong in this situation. All I know is that when I sell my vehicles I try my best to not give the other buyer a hard time. I mean we could all save ourselves the constant headaches everyday right? here are the pics of the bike and i ended up buying a yuasa battery and threw away the stupid motydesign battery with "5 year warranty"

Attachments

See less See more
#29 ·
Here is a positive note at least you did not end up like tribal05RR who had to give up his RR to the local police cause it turns up he bought and was riding a stolen bike as far as your ride do not worry all you got to do is ask the questions all of us will help you make it worth what you paid for it we can provide the knowledge to help you buy the right parts and install them too

Reactions: jawnwin
#33 ·
Here is a positive note at least you did not end up like tribal05RR who had to give up his RR to the local police cause it turns up he bought and was riding a stolen bike
:+1: yea at least you got a bike for your $$ and not a rental for a few months.

He was even lucky too he could have ended up with possession of stolen goods if they really wanted to screw him.

#31 ·
I would be over there tonight if I was near him. **** I remember I even went to some random guys house to get money for a member on here because they wouldn't give them their $100 back. I sure as hell got it though, paypal'd the $100 to him and he gave me $50 for doing the deed.

Reactions: Moeman
#37 ·
Brother.. its ok.. we all learn from our mistakes.. no one is born to walk!!! remember that..

also make this a lesson.. whenever buying anything.. do your research on price first and also before buying check out a few bikes first... so you have idea what you are looking for.. never jump on the first thing unless its a freaking STEAL!!! lol..

you def over paid.. now just make the best of it.. forget about what couldve been wouldbe been and so on.. just deal with it.. know what i mean ? dont stress yourself out.. whats done is done... just make the best of it.. if you decide to keep it and fix it up nicer then go ahead....

first rule.. never rush... into anything.. I got butt rapped on a business deal cuz of stupidity!!! I lost $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ... anyways.. I learned the hard way man... fuken people in this world are vultures they dont give **** about anyone.. they will take anyone for a ride even close friends.. becareful.. I got screwd by a close friend btw.

hope someone reads this and learn from my mistake :)

#40 ·
Do not worry about the friends not being into bikes you will make some friends over here the RR addiction will accomplish that goal for you and you never know you might end up getting into track days and meeting site members at such events in the near future

#41 ·
Just some advice, Don't rely on people here to tell you what they think is correct or what they think it needs. I wouldn't be so concerned about fairings not looking pretty and stupid pointless cosmetic crap that anyone can pick out. You should focus on the mechanical aspect and make sure it's safe and in decent running condition before you worry about making it pretty again. Take it to a motorcycle shop, Have them look it over and they will tell you what action needs to be taken on it. They probably won't even charge you anything just to take a quick look at it.

#43 ·
Your young and made a mistake. We've all been there. You just need to learn from it.

You mentioned "saving up" and starting a build thread. I would recommend saving up and getting that bike to a dealer ASAP and have them go over it closely and let you know of anything else that needs attention before you start modding. Last thing you need is for a fairing to blow off and take out a riding partner or lock up a wheel. I can already see missing bolts in those pics.

Good luck bro. Use the forum for questions and take pics to help describe any concerns you may encounter.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#45 ·

well here are the pics im not sure if it works but here goes nothing and thanks a lot guys i turned to the forum for help and figured it was a great community and it really is lots of help ill make sure to ask more questions and learn a lot from here and itll be really soon till i see some track days =]

#48 ·
well here are the pics im not sure if it works but here goes nothing and thanks a lot guys i turned to the forum for help and figured it was a great community and it really is lots of help ill make sure to ask more questions and learn a lot from here and itll be really soon till i see some track days =]

#51 ·
It's very possible if you take off the front , mids , lowers and reinstall them one at a time correctly and use the needed bolts and plastic screws you would be able to improve the riding condition of this bike . I got this suggestion take all these fairing off then take pictures of such fairings showing the tabs and attachment points of every piece will look them over and tell you what we think if they are worth it or not that will be a start for the revival

#52 ·
WILL DO as soon as i get off from work tonight and start removing every single fairing piece and take pics and try my best to install them back on as nicely as possible ill start off by youtube videos and looking up on some threads on here to see how to remove fairings lol my very first time i hope i just dont dig a further hole than the one i am in right now lol thanks guys means a lot ill get on it asap

#54 ·
Sorry to hear about your troubles, man. But you got a great group of people here willing to help you get your bike back to pristine condition.
I do love that color. If all goes well and you can get the fairings tightened up it's gonna look sick.

Good luck but your in good hands here.

#55 ·
#59 ·
omg since you mentioned it i went to go check the tyre valve stem and cover and turns out he has on one of those LED light up thing where when the tire starts to roll it emits a bright LED light ... turns out its on 24/7 and i just removed it and turned it off....wow

#60 ·
sorry to hear your story man, d***** bags like those will get their due karma one day. Sellers and buyers should have that mutual respect / honesty in getting a deal with both parties satisfied at the end of the day. I know the excitement of buying your very first 600 rr, its priceless but those emotions will cloud your judgement. Heck somewhere in CL someone posted an 03 bike with 7k miles, never been dropped for 3k and when i came to have a look the bike was sitting outside a shop with a "crash and fix" banner and by then i knew everything they were gonna say about the bike will never be 100% true.

so let your case be a lesson learned for you and everybody else trying to buy their first bike.

#61 ·
God the original owner sucks at life mechanically, I wouldn't want anything that he's touched with any sort of tool. I'm surprised he could properly install a license plate.

To me this idiot owes you some money at the very least to save his ass here on the forum, and not to reiterate what you already know but I would not only have pressed the "PASS" button on that bike. I would have ran.

#62 ·
Judging by the pictures, the stator cover looks repainted, could've been dropped on the left side. However, you do have some goodies on that bike. Front/rear speigler stainless steel brakelines, akrapovic exhaust (slip-on I would assume), asv levers, d3 grips, Dunlop q2 tires with good tread left, tripage F/E kit, DB windscreen, looks like shogun frame sliders, and a MOTY battery. But Overall isn't too bad. You already know you paid too much for it so I won't mention it again. The bike has a lot of potential in my eyes.

#63 ·
Thats the moty battery that died so i bought a yuasa battery instead the moty battery is a 8volt while the regular yuasa oem battery carries a 12v and the bike had LED lights everywhere and not to mention the busted 5k HID install i had to throw away and he mounted his slim ballast like weirdly on the bike and some of the thing is like completely showing and when i make a right turn my left fork rubs against all these wires but its true i do have a lot of goodies this is why im gonna save up and make sure this bike is in great condition and its all thanks to everyone on here helping me

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.