Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Delayed cluster issue!!!

365 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  RothmansRR 
#1 ·
Recently been noticing that every so often my speedometer gets delayed and I have to shut bike off and turn it back on to get the speedo to work again. I will be crusing at 40mph or whatever and the speedo is working fine and raising mph as I am on the throttle in 1-2 mph increments and all of a sudden it will freeze up and start getting delayed and jump from 40 to 68 as I'm on the throttle. Anyone ever have this issue before? It's driving me insane! Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
I've always felt that digital speedo increments were pretty laggy when you give it WOT in 1st or 2nd gear over 8000 rpm, it's kind of annoying on my '06. It's probably done because if they displayed each number instantaneously, you'd never be able to properly see the speed as it increments during hard acceleration, just a blur on the LCD.

However, I've not had the kind of lag you describe, that definitely sounds like a problem, it's not normal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.