Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Post accident suggestions

798 views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  rizzors25 
#1 ·
A few weeks ago I had the privilege of approaching a hill on my 2012 CBR600RR, got about 50 feet into it to see that the right lane is coned off and there is a force merge in the middle of the hill.

All the cars in front of me were of course slamming on their brakes to come to a complete stop since traffic is backed up due to the merge.
I unfortunately was unable to make the stop and did not have an out... My back wheel lost traction and I was able to make a decent enough stop to fishtail sideways into the minivan in front of me.

The bike still runs, i in fact drove it home and to the repair shop.
It is 100% cosmetic damage on the passenger side only.
My insurance company has cut me a check to cover the damages to the bike. (just under 5k)

Some of the reported damage is VERY minor scratches.

Eventually I would like to either move over to a cruiser style bike, or upgrade to a bigger bike.

Here is where I could use some advice.
Should I...
let them repair it?
pick the bike up and look into getting oem body parts?
part the bike out?
sell the bike as is?

Appreciate any help.
Thanks

See less See more
#8 ·
I know my opinion won't make as much sense, but I'd do whatever you can to get it fixed up reasonably, and then see your options to make the switch to the next bike of your choice. That's just what I'd do.

#9 ·
I'd fix it. Seems like stuff you could do yourself. You'll probably grow more attached to the bike in the process, possibly making it harder to sell it later...depending on your personality towards those kinds of sentimentalities.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#10 ·
Yea you could fix all of that easily. If you are worried about the bike you could always have it inspected but that would be overkill.

Plastic isn't horribly expensive if you have to replace. If you are handy just do some sanding and painting! Doesn't like you put holes in anything

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.