Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Good deal on 09 CBR600RR?

1K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  Badinfluence 
#1 ·
Hey everyone! I'm new to this site and wanted to find out if this is a good deal or not.

I have mainly ridden GSX-R's and I love them because I feel very comfortable on them and I have never ridden a CBR. However, I did find a 09 CBR600RR Pheonix edition. The seller is 2 hours away (1 way) and he said the bike is clean. No scratches or cracks. Never been dropped, clean title, and has an aftermarket Yoshimura carbon fiber slip-on.

The bike has 4000 miles and he said he would take $5,500 cash. The riding season is close to being over and I wanted to see if $5,500 is a good deal or not?

#7 ·
I had to negotiate with him to get him down to the $5,500.

I also found another deal over the weekend on a 09 CBR600RR. The seller said it has 5600 miles, clean title, and the bike was tipped over in the garage, so the front upper fairing got a little scuffed and it is noticeable if you're looking for it. He also said that the mechanic that did the last oil change, broke a tab off of one of the fairings. The tires need to be replaced.

Here is a list of the mods on it: New EBC brake pake pads, renthal chain and sprockets, smoked windscreen, two brothers exhaust, mirror block off plates, black shorty brake and clutch levers, fender eliminator and integrated rear tail light, flush mount blinkers and rear spools. Can throw in a bike stand as well.
He said $4,500 is about as low as he can go.

How hard would it be to fix the scuff on the black plastic piece (not sure if plasti dip would make it look OEM again or not) and how could I get the two black marks to disappear, that you can see in the green paint just below the black plastic piece that's scuffed?

Attachments

#9 ·
Definitely a good deal on the 09 Phoenix, since it has such low mileage and never been down. If you think about it, 4k miles means he rode it less than 1000miles/year.

Unless you're strapped for cash, don't get the green one. Even though its $4500, by the time you fix/replace what you needs to be done on it, you'd be closer to $5000 price range already.

#10 ·
Thanks for the input everyone!
The guy stopped responding to me on the white Phoenix Edition, but I am glad he did, because I ended up finding an 08 R1 Raven Edition with 4k miles and it's mint condition for $5,500. It's also 12mins from my house, so that's a plus!
I'm going to look at it tomorrow, which if it is as clean as the seller says it is, then I'll have a new (to me) 08 R1 in my garage tomorrow night :)

I also want to thank everyone for there input, I really do appreciate everyones advice and for being so helpful!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.