Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Buying a new 2013 600rr?

4K views 42 replies 12 participants last post by  DOJOLOACH 
#1 ·
Dealership is having a sale on them. 8700 bucks, plus I can trade in my gs500f for a couple grand.

Is this a smart way to go? It's my first supersport but not my first bike. I plan to eventually buy a dedicated 600rr track bike as well (used of course)

#4 ·
Get your trade in value first. Perhaps in writing. Now is the time to buy, as that is dead inventory. Stress the fact that its a 3 year old bike now.

As far as cost though i wouldn't pay a penny over 8500 to have that bike in my hands.. So what that means is the bike will be about 8k then tags, title, tax, and processing will get that 8500.

#7 · (Edited)
You don't have to do much talking to be good at negotiating. I also recommend talking about the trade-in valve first. This will help you in several ways. One of which is, it will get them more hyped that you are about to buy the bike which will lead to them being more submissive.

Act really really really interested in that specific bike as if you already bought it. Say things like, "I will be buying a cbr600rr this week however I want to check out several dealers". Ask things like, "So after I buy this bike, I want to put purchase a lot of aftermarket items, would you be able to install them?" They will be peeing their pants from excitement.

Then at the last second hit them with an offer. Do not be afraid to walk out the door and actually expect to. Say that you are going to check out other dealers. They will be calling you soon after.. as long as they your phone number of course lol. Winter is coming up and they know their sales will be much fewer. Not only that but every bike will be a year older meaning they will automatically be lowering their prices.

Goodluck! I wish the best for you! :retard:

#11 ·
Honestly fvck dealerships.they will screw people over to get rid of a used bike they brought in that's not worth it's trouble
.. I'm with you there, my first bike I was looking for a 500cc at a dealership and they kept trying to put me on new 700-900cc twins. .. a bit too much for a first time rider

#13 · (Edited)
Bottom line total after new bike and trade is what matters. I understand some may not agree with financing, but if you do, don't let them mess with you on the term and APR.

@Miweber929 makes sense - I'm starting to learn that location does play into it.

I paid more than the best I spotted on here, but then again, I didn't mind paying more since I really got attached to the specific bike that I saw in front of me. My emotions tend to get the best of me, but try not to let that happen to you.

Reactions: DOJOLOACH
#14 ·
Back when I bought my 2012 CBR250R, it was $5700 and I financed it over 5 years. Ended up paying about $6500 as I paid it out early.

#16 ·
Dealership is having a sale on them. 8700 bucks, plus I can trade in my gs500f for a couple grand.
Well, did you buy it? I paid about $8200 for my '14 a couple months back. After tax/title/tag......

...So what that means is the bike will be about 8k then tags, title, tax, and processing will get that 8500.
Where do you live out of curiosity? Here in PA @ 6%, $8000 is $8480 just after sales tax. Title and registration fees adds on a couple hundred more at a minimum.

#17 ·
Where do you live out of curiosity? Here in PA @ 6%, $8000 is $8480 just after sales tax. Title and registration fees adds on a couple hundred more at a minimum.[/QUOTE]

i was looking at a 2013 in PA (Action Motorsports) not too long ago. I negotiated to 8 plus fees. I was being pretty general, but it would have been roughly 8300 out the door, plus VA sales tax when i would register it.

#19 ·
Just went to dealership. Asked 7500 out the door. 3k for trade in( which is ******** high). They came back to me.... did not drop the price down and 1755 for the trade in. I said 1800 for trade will work. Explained my case of why there price Is too high. Told me to make a deal with them so I walked out:(((((

#20 · (Edited)
I don't think you have much to lose. If the '13 model has not sold for the last couple of years or so, I don't think it's going anywhere in the immediate future. As long as you left your contact behind, and let them know to reach back out when they're ready to make the deal.

In the meantime, in order to buy some time, I would search around with other local dealers to see their available stock and to better gauge the deal in front of you in comparison. Maybe you'll get lucky while your initial dealer can sleep on the thought. They're just trying to make whatever they can so it can make better sense for them to make the sale. I would assume the itch to sell the unit would grow as we go deeper into the winter season. If you don't hear back, you can always go back in person a week later with another attempt.

It comes down to how bad they want to make the sale and how bad you want the bike they have. Matter of patience and searching around as well.

Reactions: DOJOLOACH
#22 ·
Well it is probably too expensive for me at that point. Only because it's my first as and it's new. Not sure I'm responsible enough for it now. I literally just got a big speeding ticket later that day on my bike. 92 in a 60 at night. Maybe I should just buy a used as and go with a sv650 for a track bike.

#23 ·
Keep in mind I'm saying offer in the end $200 more than the $7500 OTD and $1800 you were originally looking for but you'd need to be prepared to go $700 total more to have a shot to make the deal. Not trying to sway you one way or another, just confirming what my suggestion was as I'm surprised $700 is the way-to-expensive point on getting a new bike or not.

The one thing that's nice about the 600rr if that's what you want us the 07+ bikes are 95% the exact same as the 13+ bikes and the 5% they are not isn't a big enough deal to care. So find a priced one that fits in your budget and you'll have a great bike that doesn't have to be new. And insurance will be much cheaper used than new.

And I say is congrats on taking responsibility and admitting honestly to yourself you might not be ready for a new bike. It's takes a big person to realize that and if you spend any time reading on the forum you'll realize that many of the owners out there aren't. Good for you!!!

92 in a 60? On a GS500? At night? Had one as a track bike for a short time; you knew how fast you were going and it took effort to get it there as that's not a "cruising" speed on that bike. Save that kind of riding for the track, everything in your life (wallet, license, free time, etc.) will thank you for it :)

#25 ·
Yeah, I don't ride very responsibly on the freeway on my 500f. I was probably going around 110 before the cop got me. I hate to say it, but his comment of "Oh id rather give you this ticket than see you dead", is probably going to stick to me because I had been doing EXTREMELY stupid **** days prior. I've definitely changed my riding habits since then....

Anyways back on topic. I'm going to wait a couple weeks for the dealer to call with a counter offer. If they don't I'll bump my OTD price up to 8300 and if they dont want that, I'll just find a used bike (which im looking for currently).

Edit: Kind of tempted to go for a used 1000 now for street use. With an SV650 for the tracks.. OH man

#27 ·
A lot if it is mental. If you can find that balance between riding on the track and street, that would be a great feeling - that way you can get your adrenaline fix and also enjoy the freedom of riding everyday without causing yourself much headache.

#34 ·
http://charlotte.craigslist.org/mcy/5316481987.html I'll definitely have a tech come with me. This bike is looking like a better deal... only 1 owner... 16k miles. From my research I've seen people and the owner manual suggesting to readjust the valves around 16k.

Rear tire was replaced 500 miles back as well. Bikes been down once. He sent me a video of the bike, was being ridden decently hard, but that's what these bikes do, so it shouldn't be a bad thing .

Also said the only trouble he hashad was one time it wasn't st rating and he had it towed to a shop. Said it was an issue with the fader. He gave me the name and place of the shop so I might call them and see what they can tell me. He has a lot of stuff for his battery... makes me think something waswrong with it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.