Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

WTF...EPA seeks to outlaw mods of street bikes/vehicles for RaceTrack!

1K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  whitesti 
#1 ·
See less See more
#4 ·
I think there's some bit of information lost between all of the articles. EPA sounds like they want to curb the "track only" mods - think catless pipes - that get bought by kids who put it on their civics for cruising from high school to the local McDonalds. I don't think it't a blanket regulation that would cut into vehicles solely prepped for race/track use and never see public roads. How that's going to be regulated? Not a clue. Those mods are already illegal on the streets as is.

Feel free to correct me, I didn't spend too much effort looking into this.

#5 ·
In any event, it wont end motorcycle racing. But just require that Emissions be left in place. Thus either creating more advanced technology to keep the horsepower, with less emissions. Or just de-tune the bikes to be compliant.

Hell, maybe it would even level the playing field more for racing to create more exciting racing.

But i do think there's bigger issues the EPA could be battling, like the aforementioned lead in flint MI. or how about starting with all the guys putting stacks, and tuning thier turbo diesel trucks to "Roll Coal". One of those trucks produces more toxic emissions into the air than the entire motogp field on race day.

#9 ·
EPA can't govern "off road vehicles" on private property so this is a non-issue. On non-private/public land its another story.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.