Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

How much do you think this bike is worth?

3K views 33 replies 18 participants last post by  SWAT_Spyder76 
#1 · (Edited)
Thinking about buying this 2007 CBR 600RR, has 18k miles on it currently owned by a girl who's the 2nd owner and she's asking 5k for it.

If I do buy this bike I am gonna have to repaint all that red it has because i believe its overdone. Also to the looks of frame sliders I believe it has been dropped. So what you guys think should be a fair price for this bike?

#3 ·
Well if it hasn't been wrecked and has original fairings, I would say that's a good price. If she's asking 5k you have some wiggle room there, offer her 4.5 and see what she says. Just be sure to check everything over if you go look at it.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

#7 ·
I'd say you've got nothing to lose with offering 3k. That would leave room for taxes, fees, and any unforeseen bloopers that may tag along with the bike. You'd be comfortable with being stuck with the bike afterwards and shelling out the extra money to paint it all red and customizing it to your liking.

#8 ·
Keep in mind that prices are going to be inflated around this time of year. It's riding season in most states, and sellers know it. Also, just because someone adds $xx worth of upgrades to their bike, doesn't mean they can/should be tacking it into the overall value. It looks nice, I'd just be going over it with a fine tooth comb (or bring a buddy who can). What's the amount that you feel comfortable spending, within reason that is. Offer slightly below that and see if she'll with accept, or counter. Either way, it looks clean.

#10 ·
hazing headlights are a actually pretty easy to fix, but you could use that to your advantage in negotiating the price. i may have over paid by some's standards but i paid $5500 for an 07 with 3700 miles. hell, if you have cash in hand right now, offer as low as you feel. $3700, $4k, etc, cash in hand makes big for negotiating. worst she can do is say no.

#11 · (Edited)
However, if you are going to low ball and offer someone 40% less than they are asking have reasons that make sense and are accurate.

I've been low balled and have low balled in my buying and selling transactions; the ones with an actual reason and in person get results. The ones where they email me 50% of asking price with the words "cash" attached having never seen the bike or spoken to me in person get signed up for the hefferlove.com newsletter. That's simply rude and proves you are, in fact, a ****.

I would discount the bike as the video of it running was after it was warmed up (note the low, steady idle) and the douchy reving of the engine. That's me, however and the "mods" are pretty crappy along with the red "accents" add absolutely nothing to the bike.

#14 ·
...crappy along with the red "accents" add absolutely nothing to the bike.

They add time and money to get rid of that crap, so they essentially decrease value. Also, am I the only one seeing that the tail fairing looks rashed up?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#20 · (Edited)
You have to stop asking how much a bike is "worth" because depending on the person it can be vastly different. You have showed two white cbr's with leo vince exhausts, which tells me that's what you are looking for... So paying a little more for those options may be worth it to you but not to someone else. You need to figure out if price is your biggest factor or if a solid bike is. If the guy claims it has never been dropped and their are scratches walk away because he is probably not telling you the truth about the bike... Be smart nothing worse then thinking you got a steal to only find out you bought a piece of crap..

#21 ·
I really don't care about the exhaust or what brand it is, I just happened to find 2 bikes within same price range with almost the same specs. What I'm really focusing on is if you guys can point something out in the bike before I drive all the way there to check it out and maybe point out those things to the seller to negotiate the price. I am pretty settled on what I'm going to offer them. I'm sorry if this is getting annoying for you guys but I am just looking for opinions before I make a purchase.

Last but not least here is a clear video the second bike owner sent me of the scratches and it starting up.

https://youtu.be/iNoMd7tl1Mo
https://youtu.be/ufyz7x-V0OU

#24 ·
I really don't care about the exhaust or what brand it is, I just happened to find 2 bikes within same price range with almost the same specs. What I'm really focusing on is if you guys can point something out in the bike before I drive all the way there to check it out and maybe point out those things to the seller to negotiate the price. I am pretty settled on what I'm going to offer them. I'm sorry if this is getting annoying for you guys but I am just looking for opinions before I make a purchase.

Last but not least here is a clear video the second bike owner sent me of the scratches and it starting up.

https://youtu.be/iNoMd7tl1Mo
https://youtu.be/ufyz7x-V0OU
That's fine to get informed.. The site is full of well informed people but without knowing what you exactly are looking for other than "Worth" is hard to put a number on. The main thing is just ask him questions see if any of his answers don't match up correctly. Every used bike is a gamble. You just have to hope you made an informed bet.

#23 · (Edited)
Seller better put on some pretty good selling shoes while he or she is at it... Unless she's attractive and wearing high heels... At that point, go ahead and offer up the entire wallet...

:nerd:

#26 ·
I dont know looks nice to me. My 07 is bad ass, If its just a little fairing damage...offer 45 and grab some after markets. clear title? you can also run the vin #s . 18k is low, I paid 43 for mine in Feb, 2016
with 19k And am happy as a lark. ****....its riding season.

#28 ·
first one 4000 to 4500 max.. 5 would be ok its it had the valves done and has proof. Youll need a valve adjust soon that costs money if you cant do it.

second one 3500 to 4000 is ok i guess low speed drop like that is nothing but hurts the value..

I payed 5k for my 07 4 years ago and it had 1.5k Good ass deal i got imo..

#29 ·
It may be just me, but if I pay that much for an 07, it better be DAMN clean and LOW mileage, and all OEM. I'm not a fan of the seat cover. The red makes me think that someone left it outside alot and had the seat recovered. It also depends on your area. I bought an 07 with 13k miles last week for $3500. Granted, i'm in Mississippi, but they usually go for around 4-4500 here. I just think that for 5k you can get a MUCH nicer bike. I'll include a picture of mine in the post just because I like showing her off. :)

Attachments

#30 · (Edited)
Nice bike man, So i was at this dealer today and he had this 07 cbr 600rr with 3500 miles for $6900. I offered him 5k at first and even went up to 5,500 but he did not went below 6,500. He even said that there is no way I can find a 07 cbr with less than 10k miles for under 5k. So idk how true is that but I'm still looking around. Going to check out this one tomorrow
http://newyork.craigslist.org/brx/mcy/5608726351.html

#33 ·
Ive been looking for a long time and honestly it's about what you feel the bike is worth. I probably would offer 4 and be willing to go up to 4.2 knowing that I may need to be putting some money into the bike. I'm a big believer in going with your gut, so if you go look at the bike and it doesn't look right/feel right don't be afraid to walk away. The bike won't sell over night. Either way it all goes back to the first point. Good luck and hope everything goes smoothly!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.