Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

2017 600RR Confirmed!

3K views 28 replies 23 participants last post by  lotus7 
#1 ·
See less See more
#4 ·
Yeah, the 600 live on with more power producing stickers as its only change!!!!

Glad to see its still around and now has the CBR family red/black look but would have rather seen it go away for a year and come back redone in 2018. It's been 10 years now Honda, I think it's time.

Reactions: dixon cider
#8 ·
I don't see as any kind of indicator that the 600RR is staying. We knew they were going to keep the bike here in the US for at least another year. When we see evidence that the bike will meet Euro4 standards, then we'll know it's going to stick around.

You can't add anything to the 600RR that doesn't put it too close to the 1000RR in function and price; all the supersports have this problem as they've all evolved away from a 'sport-standard' and into race replicas.

#10 ·
usless just for practice before your ready to step up to a 1000. Or track only

#12 ·
This is getting ridiculous.

How long have sixxers had slippers? Since like 07 or something?

At the very least give us that Honda. Or I'll just keep my 08 until you do.

#28 ·
This is getting ridiculous.

How long have sixxers had slippers? Since like 07 or something?

At the very least give us that Honda. Or I'll just keep my 08 until you do.
Seriously, a slipper clutch, gear indicator, and better mirrors and our 2008 model would be perfect.

until something comes out that is better than the 07/08 Looks / styling /performance its hard to beat it
:thumbup: Same!

The problem is that they said they will not be developing a new one and that this is the last generation of it.
I just don't understand, I get that the 600's are not selling very well. But come on, couldn't they just do some minor adjustments. They don't need to rebuild the bike from the ground up. Just give us some styling tweaks and added features to make it compete more.

Is Honda Hiring??? :shakehand I feel like we could do some sweeeeeet things
-Slipper Clutch
-Gear Indicator
-TFT display? Maybe if cost effective
-Redesigned plastics to look sleeker like the 07-12 but still different and refreshed.
-Shift light
-Weight reduction (if possible)
-Maybe an optional quick shifter and traction control, idk.

#22 ·
until something comes out that is better than the 07/08 I'm more than happy to keep mine until then. Looks / styling /performance its hard to beat it

#20 ·
I'm sure you know this but it's EXACTLY the same plastics that have been destroyed on here since 2013 with a few black stickers on it. There is NOTHING different about this bike than any other one they've built since that '13 refresh.

So they say on the site under Specifications: 41mm inverted Big Piston Fork with spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability; TBD inches travel

Yet, under innovations, they say: The HMAS cartridge fork features an exclusive internal piston construction. The innovative design employs smaller-diameter pistons to keep oil velocity high for improved damping characteristics and an expanded range of adjustability.

So, is it a 41mm inverted Big Piston Fork? Or does it have smaller-diameter pistons? *confused*
BPF.

#18 ·
I really want a 1krr but the $220/yr for insurance vs $340 for my 600RR just doesn't justify it. Wouldn't mind a new bike, but will plot along on my '03 for now.

#19 ·
So they say on the site under Specifications: 41mm inverted Big Piston Fork with spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability; TBD inches travel

Yet, under innovations, they say: The HMAS cartridge fork features an exclusive internal piston construction. The innovative design employs smaller-diameter pistons to keep oil velocity high for improved damping characteristics and an expanded range of adjustability.

So, is it a 41mm inverted Big Piston Fork? Or does it have smaller-diameter pistons? *confused*

#21 ·
Ahhhhh, feels good being right again. Knew it would be back. Bikes looks good too. I don't care if they don't ever change anything ever again except for about 10hp more or so. Otherwise its already awesome. Slipper clutch would be nice too but that you can add easily.

#24 · (Edited)
I don't understand...we all knew they were still going to sell here and for a couple more years; that was never the problem. Even Honda said they would still be selling them. The problem is that they said they will not be developing a new one and that this is the last generation of it. Hopefully the new R6 will change their minds though because that thing is sex.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#25 ·
I don't understand...we all knew they were still going to sell here and for a couple more years; that was never the problem. Even Honda said they would still be selling them. The problem is that they said they will be be developing a new one and that this is the last generation of it. Hopefully the new R6 will change their minds though because that thing is sex.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Agreed. On both counts. Glad the RR is still around but it remains to be seen what will happen with a new model if any.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.