Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Anyone else besides us F4i guys putting miles on their bike?

3K views 32 replies 24 participants last post by  OzMoto 
#1 ·
I feel pretty good about my mileage. Its no 3rdgenLxi [or whatever his screen name is] amount if mileage but lets be honest, nobody does that kinda of riding besides him and BMW people. I've known of a GSXR1000 that made it about 80k before launching a rod, a kawi 636 that went 83,000 before it was stolen, and my ex's R6 with 92,000 miles on it, so I've got a ways to go before I retire her. But I'm still proud she's made it this far :banger:
Had her since day 1, never let anyone work on her besides me.

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: dixon cider
#10 ·
How are those CCTs holding up?
AHAHAHAAHAHA hahahah.....ha.

Went threw 4 oem's before getting a manual. They all went around 15k before making noise except the last one, that lasted maybe 6000 miles and pissed me off enough to buy the manual.

Reactions: dixon cider
#11 ·
Just rolled 28k on my 05RR tonight. By this time next year, it should be staring down the barrel of 36k miles. Glad to see they last so long!

#17 ·
I live in the north so not year round riding: Put 42K on a 90 VFR in 2 years, ~35k on a 929 in 2 years, had 29k on the 954, put 45K on a Superhawk in 3 years; all ran perfect when bought, perfect when sold and other than needing wheel bearings on all around that 30k mark they needed nothing but oil and coolant changes.

These bikes will easily do major miles if maintained.

#18 ·
Hell yea.... great job! Waaaaayyy more than most people will put on a sportbike. Once again.... take care of them and they will last. Keep racking 'em up :)

I'm not putting nearly the miles on mine that I used to. I think I only put about 10k on it last year and most of that was just commuting back and forth to work. I've been riding dirt every weekend, and supermoto as well. I did put 10k miles on a 200cc 2 stroke dirt bike! hahah

#22 ·
Your always riding something, thats for sure! At 100k this baby's getting a break. Probably turn her into a coffee table or something so I can keep it in the house :crackup:

#19 ·
I bought my 600RR in late August with 15,585. As of last Thursday, it has 20,120. When the weather allows, it is my commuter. :smile2:

#21 ·
It's nice to see the odometer reaches that side of spectrum. I would have gotten over 100Kmi had my 2006 bike weren't stolen at ~57,000 miles. My current '09 is sitting at 47,000 miles right now. If the weather gets better, I would probably ride around 1,200 miles a month.

#29 ·
i got my ninja 250 at 10k and sold it at 21k , bought my cbr650f new and sold it at 13k , and ive gotten my 2008 cbr600rr at 11k and im at 21k now with plans to get it to at least 35k by the end of summer ;) longest ride to date for me was a 500 mile ride on my 650f . tryin to break that record on my 600rr , only got to 300 so far .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.