Night and Day my a$$. - 600RR.net
General Discussion General Honda CBR600RR Motorcycle Talk - please place mods, tech tips and off topic threads in the correct forums.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Thanked 2,401 Times in 1,672 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Night and Day my a$$.

Every hobby has them. Those people that love to claim that their bling mods make a "night and day" difference to *insert BS here*.

The audio guys have their speaker/audio/power cables.

Guitar players have caps/wires/etc.

And you have brake lines.

So, you guys believe that Honda makes a badass sportbike (and I agree). Somehow, people started thinking that the CBR brakes (and every other bike as well) suck. This is such bullsh!t. You don't need new lines, or a Brembo master. You don't need Brembo calipers or fancy brake pads. 99% of you will NEVER even use all of the braking power you have stock.

If you want to add bling to your bike, then by all means do it...but be honest. Those fancy lines may have fittings that match other colors on the bike, and they look GREAT in the mod list in your sig...but they do NOT make a night and day difference in the overall effectiveness of your brakes.

Placebos are strong with online forums. People want to agree and be part of the awesomeness. Honda, Yamaha, Kawi and the others know what they're doing and they do NOT make crappy brakes on their premier bikes.

You guys crack me up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX

Use Paypal, let the seller pay HIS fees. Never use Paypal gift and NEVER send anything without payment. Trust no one, be smart.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheX For This Useful Post:
dixon cider (04-03-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 03:03 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
But....
I love my 24K gold plated brake lines that push pure Titanium fluid to my Platinum calipers around my Carbon Ceramic rotors.

Just saying, night and day difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Live as one already died.
The Following User Says Thank You to 08rrJunkie For This Useful Post:
dixon cider (04-03-2017)
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 03:11 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Garage
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I hear what you are saying.. I think it's just a phrase that's overused and I myself am guilty of it.

I really enjoy my braided lines, to me they made a big difference, but to be fair I was using the stock rubber lines from nearly 10 years ago so that could have been part of the difference as well..

I agree with you though, I have invested probably over 5 grand into my bike and I often times look back at it and sorta regret it, stock for stock (even stock exhaust, etc. etc.) these bikes are awesome.

Oh well, chalk it up as experience.

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!

Mod List
----------
-Akrapovic Slip on
-Arrow Headers
-DynoJet PCV
-DynoJet Quick Shifter
-K&N Air Filter
-Servo Delete
-PAIR Block off

+tons more.
The Following User Says Thank You to hero danny For This Useful Post:
dixon cider (04-03-2017)

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 04:03 PM
Super Moderator

When I change my visor from dark smoke to clear it makes a night and day difference when riding between night and day.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tab112302 For This Useful Post:
bikelife38 (04-02-2017), Bimmerx2 (04-07-2017), Doophys (04-02-2017), ehl (04-04-2017), SuuScbr (04-04-2017)
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 01:20 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Hehe, let a transition visor do that for you. It's brilliant.

As for the topic? I believe some brake mods can make a "night and day" difference. It's just a question of where. Overall braking effectiveness? That's mostly chalked to the tires if you ignore the rider. Feel at the lever? Yeah, that'll likely change and I think this is what most folks are referring to when they say night and day: The level of braking at a certain lever pull. Note that the brake lines won't make a difference, btw, since it's the master cylinder or the leverage that takes care of the "feel" for the most part anyway.

So X, you're neither right nor wrong.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 02:55 AM
World Superbike Racer

While I agree, objective performance improvements aren't necessarily the be-all and end-all of bike modification. If the mod results in a change in feel that the rider prefers and gives him/her more confidence then it may be a worthwhile mod--even if it hasn't improved the intrinsic performance of the machine. Even psychological improvements can be beneficial. All else being equal, if you can modify yourself to suit the machine without sacrifice then so much the better. But, in the end, it's all about getting to where you want it to be and what you're willing to do to get there.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 04:44 AM
BOTM Winner 07/16

Trust me braided lines and brembo master makes a lot of difference.

If you can't feel it, then you're not using your brake enough.

Here's proof
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 02:34 PM
BOTY 2014 Winner

Garage
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Well **** i have braided lines, brembo mc, oversized iron rotors, with special pads and brembo calipers. Its amazing how much of the difference it is. I mean yea maybe lines you wont be able to tell too much but if you do a proper brake upgrade the difference is huge especially on the track.
The Following User Says Thank You to Seksas For This Useful Post:
dixon cider (04-03-2017)
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 02:46 PM
BOTY 2014 Winner

Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
don't take the bait. X is just lashing out again as he becomes more and more irrelevant here.

nobody uses their brakes to their full potential, or any system on the bike really, but a lot of things WILL change the way the bike feels. and that's very important for the rider.

i don't see why he's so upset about the whole thing really, his bikes all have stainless lines on them.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wibbly For This Useful Post:
AF4iK (04-03-2017), bikelife38 (04-02-2017), hero danny (04-08-2017), venomenon83 (04-04-2017)
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 09:07 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
On older sportbikes which have rubber brakelines switching to steel braided lines make a dramatic improvement in feel & power, most sportbikes nowadays run steel braided lines with short rubber sections & they are much better than purely rubber brakelines, for the street rider it's more than enough to get you by but for purely race applications nothing beats a purely steel braided brakeline.

The stock axial master cylinders found on the 03-06 600RR's lack the feel & power needed to slow down the bike at racing speeds but are more than adequate for street riding. I rode an 05 600RR at the track with stock axial master cylinder, steel braided lines, stock radial calipers with SBS brake pads, i tried to brake hard with them & it just lacks the feel & power i had with my Brembo RCS19 MC, steel braided lines & sport/trackday brake pads. The axial brake MC gives a vague feel when you're really squeezing the lever unlike the Brembo which gives a solid feel when you're about to lock up the front.

2003 CBR 600RR JDM
HRC ECU AMA spec
HRC radiator
Electrex World race alternator
WP 4618 rear shock
WP 1508 steering damper
Ohlins 9.0N fork springs
Overrev tuned fork cartridges
Akrapovic Evo Carbon FS
Dynojet PCV WB2 POD300
BMC race air filter
AFAM 15/47 sprockets
DID VX2 520 gold chain
Brembo 19RCS MC
HEL brakelines
Euro Racing riser plates & lever
HM Plus quickshifter
EVR CTS slipper clutch
BST CF wheels
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 09:56 PM
Pocketbike Racer

functional and beneficial modifications are silly thing to discuss on a sport bike forum. shame on these people
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 11:31 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Brake line and Brembo RCS are the same with fake tits. You sure won't need them, but it feel nice to have them (on a chick). Try squeezing a flat-chested vegan and a plumped meat eater's tits..sure can tell the difference.

Past: Street/Track 2008 Ducati 848
Current Street/occasionally track 2011 Ducati Streetfighter S
Trackbike (newly acquired) 2007 CBR600RR
The Following User Says Thank You to Donger For This Useful Post:
dixon cider (04-03-2017)
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 07:31 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
Try squeezing a flat-chested vegan and a plumped meat eater's tits..sure can tell the difference.

actually the vegan is way more likely to be properly developed. the only reason a meat eater would have the advantage would be from all the hormones they are consuming, as disturbing as it is.
The Following User Says Thank You to bikelife38 For This Useful Post:
JonCataldi (04-08-2017)
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 03:15 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

I pity the fool who cannot feel the difference between rubber and steel brake lines. You must not brake very hard. Might even be using the rear brake. Either way, on the street they make no difference in capability of the brake system, they only provide tactile feel vs the rubber lines. On the track its a very different story, and they make a tremendous difference in how the system reacts to increasing heat sink.

06 F4i- Yoshimura RS-3C, Racetech springs and valves, Ohlin's rear shock, steel brake lines, 520 conversion. 80k miles and counting.....
08 600RR- Stripped trackbike. CRG shorty brake lever, goodridge front brake lines.
------Disclaimer: I can't spell------
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 03:49 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikelife38 View Post
actually the vegan is way more likely to be properly developed. the only reason a meat eater would have the advantage would be from all the hormones they are consuming, as disturbing as it is.
Oh no...your one of them.
The Following User Says Thank You to wags81 For This Useful Post:
Donger (04-04-2017)
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 06:24 PM
World Superbike Racer

I'm willing to bet that the majority of the time what people are actually feeling is the topped up brake fluid in their brand new lines or a combination of some other modification like a new master cylinder, pads, etc. Maybe we should do some kind of blind brake feel test. Would be a good vlog topic actually.
The Following User Says Thank You to AF4iK For This Useful Post:
dixon cider (04-06-2017)
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 07:13 PM
Knee Dragger

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX View Post
Every hobby has them. Those people that love to claim that their bling mods make a "night and day" difference to *insert BS here*.

The audio guys have their speaker/audio/power cables.

Guitar players have caps/wires/etc.

And you have brake lines.

So, you guys believe that Honda makes a badass sportbike (and I agree). Somehow, people started thinking that the CBR brakes (and every other bike as well) suck. This is such bullsh!t. You don't need new lines, or a Brembo master. You don't need Brembo calipers or fancy brake pads. 99% of you will NEVER even use all of the braking power you have stock.

If you want to add bling to your bike, then by all means do it...but be honest. Those fancy lines may have fittings that match other colors on the bike, and they look GREAT in the mod list in your sig...but they do NOT make a night and day difference in the overall effectiveness of your brakes.

Placebos are strong with online forums. People want to agree and be part of the awesomeness. Honda, Yamaha, Kawi and the others know what they're doing and they do NOT make crappy brakes on their premier bikes.

You guys crack me up.
I just installed some Core Moto SS lines on the front and rear of my CBR. It only has 4k on the clock and bought brand new in February of 2016 and never been tracked. Needless to say, the OEM braking system is basically new.

Id agree 100% with the above statement. I noticed a very minor positive feel in the brakes but to be honest, if I wasn't focusing on it, I probably wouldn't notice. I think people that notice a difference is because of the old brake pads, lines, and fluid were worn, causing a false sense of awesomeness...
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 07:15 PM
Knee Dragger

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AF4iK View Post
I'm willing to bet that the majority of the time what people are actually feeling is the topped up brake fluid in their brand new lines or a combination of some other modification like a new master cylinder, pads, etc. Maybe we should do some kind of blind brake feel test. Would be a good vlog topic actually.
Give me a week or so. I'll be making a video about my recent brake change.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OneEyedGimpyGuy For This Useful Post:
AF4iK (04-04-2017), dixon cider (04-06-2017)
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 10:25 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags81 View Post
Oh no...your one of them.
if by "one of them" you mean an informed person, sharing science backed information regarding personal health, then yea sure.
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 10:37 AM
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
if by "one of them" you mean an informed person, sharing science backed information regarding personal health, then yea sure.
Please disregard my last post. Didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Just poking fun.
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 10:50 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags81 View Post
Please disregard my last post. Didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Just poking fun.
it's all good brother, no offense taken. my gf has been vegan for years so I know a lot about the topic
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 11:01 AM
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
it's all good brother, no offense taken. my gf has been vegan for years so I know a lot about the topic
More power to her...That would be a hard thing to do. For me at least.
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 10:23 AM
Knee Dragger

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bored&stroked View Post
I pity the fool who cannot feel the difference between rubber and steel brake lines. You must not brake very hard. Might even be using the rear brake. Either way, on the street they make no difference in capability of the brake system, they only provide tactile feel vs the rubber lines. On the track its a very different story, and they make a tremendous difference in how the system reacts to increasing heat sink.
I agree 100%. I ran stock lines for my first year of riding track and could feel brake fade as they heated up and braking became less effective. Installed some SS lines and the difference was astonishing, as the brakes were consistent throughout the day. SS is the way to go, I could care less about the bling....I just need the bike to stop when I pull that lever :)

Speak917
The Following User Says Thank You to Speak917 For This Useful Post:
dixon cider (04-06-2017)
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 12:57 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rinonz View Post
Trust me braided lines and brembo master makes a lot of difference.

If you can't feel it, then you're not using your brake enough.

Here's proof
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=met4l2-3aD8
WOW...nice skill.

Need a signature.....
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 01:01 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Many guys here have a 120HP bike to commute...

You don't need that to commute, but people like it, the style, the power... etc...

Same happens with anyone's guitar, braided lines, Power Commanders...

C'mon, I know people that changed exhausts and engine management to get more torque or power out of their vehicle just to go buy some bread...
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 11:39 AM
06/2016 BOTM Winner 07/2015 BOTM Winner

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have SS lines on mine but I did it mostly for the look I was going for w/ the red accents on the bike. Changing the fluid and new pads will do wonders as compared to doing lines. I will say that when I changed my fluid pads and had the SS lines on mine deff stopped much better than my friends 07 ( same bike )

2008 Graffiti Edition
- Flush Mounts
- Fender Eliminator Kit
-Yoshimura RS-5 Slip On
FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/GRAYFOXRR
MOTOVLOG CHANNEL - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...4RgoTbx9yqHhfY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page