Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

2017 Auctmarts Review

27K views 79 replies 26 participants last post by  jawsolsen333 
#1 ·
I will update this thread as time goes on with my ordering process with Auctmarts. After a couple weeks of deciding on a custom fairing design through auctmarts, and numerous emails later, I placed an order with them on 5/8/17. its now 6/20 and still no fairings. I agree that its been a little too long since placing my order but oh well. There was an issue when they went to to ship the fairings and contacted me about one of the fairings having a scuff and offered to repaint it which I agreed to. The order was shipped a couple days ago and now I wait.

Communication was great with them and their english was decent. it seemed that after i placed an order though, the communication fell off quite a bit. But as of sar far, everything has been okay with them. I'm currently replacing a set of aftermarket fairings i got from ABS Fairings with little issues, so hopefully Auctmarts will compare or be better. Here's a couple completed photos of my fairing kit they sent me.

See less See more
Reactions: dixon cider
#3 ·
$320. Most of their kits cost that amount and customizing a set I dont believe costs anything extra

#5 ·
I also bought a set of fairings for my 03. Agreed that communication was good until you place an order, then they kind of forget about you. Placed order May 23rd, and just yesterday (June 21) I got an email with the pictures of my completed fairings, told I would get a tracking number this week. Crossed fingers.

#6 ·
It Shipped here surprisingly fast. On the tracking, it says it shipped on the 20th and it arrived out here on the 23rd! That's crazy. It was shipped to my parents so I wont be able to pick it up from the post office until monday. I told them since i've been waiting a while to get my fairings, they should send them with a faster shipping option. They didn't acknowledge my comment, but it seems like they might have done it with how quick it showed up. Will update on monday. Hopefully everything looks great

#10 ·
Yeah you should get it soon. If not, just email them and ask where it is. I'll update with pictures soon!

#9 ·
They sent me a flat white instead of flat pearl white. Which always ended up turning yellow and nasty after a few months. My final replacement fairing was actually flat pearl and I told them that I wanted them to reimburse me for all the times they sent me a color that was wrong or offer me the rest of the fairings to match. Needless to say they wanted me to keep throwing money at them for something that was their fault and didn't care to help me out so I stopped using them

#11 ·
I've bought through Auctmarts a couple times now. I ordered a set, had a low side, then had to order another set to replace some pieces. A couple observations. First, at least for a 2011 model, the fit is way better than I expected after hearing how iffy aftermarket can be. The nose section even came together with no ties.

If you do order pieces to replace parts from a previous set, you can tell the quality control isn't perfect. I ordered the exact same ones and the paint color had a slightly different hue (minimal though), the pattern doesn't really line up with previous (again pretty minimal), plus some other differences. It seems like whoever paints them that day takes the template and sort of does it their own way. If you're just ordering one complete set though, you wouldn't even know I suppose.

But all in all, after two purchases, I'm really happy with them. The initial ordering stage takes a 3-4 weeks, but once they ship it, it comes quick. Plus they're cheap!

#13 ·
Yeah the black trim pieces are finicky. the only one i ever have an issue with is the triangle'ish shaped one that helps connect the upper to the mid fairing. I could never get one of the bottom trim pieces in so theres always a gap in that area because of that piece, but it's not worth replacing with the oem one if its already connected. no use being too anal hah

#14 ·
I took some crappy pics last night of the fairings. The quality definitely exceeded my expectations. There weren't any visible paint runs, or anything too alarming. The only issue was the decals were on top of the clear coat(maybe its suppose to be like that), and some of the decals looked a little sketchy, but overall, i'm pretty satisfied with them! I'll probably put them on the bike soon and will update on fit, but as of now, i'm pretty satisfied. the pics dont do the fairings justice.

#16 ·
thanks man. Idk how mine got here in 3 days once the info on the tracking was updated, so im not sure if it'll be the same for you or if you'll have to wait a week.

I know aftermarket fairings are hit and miss, but I'm really surprised in the quality i received. Guess we'll see how they line up though

#18 ·
thanks man, took me a while to work out the design. I mixed a couple different designs into 1, and further customized little parts here and there

#19 · (Edited)
**UPDATE

I fit the fairings on yesterday, I had my buddy help me which definitely sped everything up. Took us about 3 hours total give or take.

now about the fairings....

AWESOME!

They were all generally somewhat of a pain to fit on first time around which is normal. ALL tabs were intact, no paint runs, There were some minor issues with the decals not being all perfect in some spots but its not noticeable unless you're up close looking for it. EVERYTHING FIT. I'm more than surprised that everything lined up and fit how it is suppose to. It's unbelievable that for half the price of absfairings, i got a better fairing set all around in terms of quality, and fitment. I expected to contact auctmarts about an issue, but there is nothing worth noting.

I'm not sure how the paint will hold up over time, but i'm going to try and regularly wax and clean it when I can.

Key notes**
-Everything fit great
-Paint is great
-No broken tabs
-Quality is VERY high for the price you pay

I'm not sure if maybe I just got lucky with a good kit from them, or if Auctmarts is continually improving they're business, but I am more than pleased with them, And will be a returning customer. I highly recommend.

#23 ·
thank you!!

Looking good. Good to hear you had no problem with your fairings. Sweet ride. Just curious, how many aftermarket fairings have you gotten for your bike if this wasn't your first one, and what other places have you looked before deciding to go with auctmarts?
Yeah I'm really surprised i had no issues. and thank you! I got my first set from abs fairings and had to get a few replacements with them over time but the last time(last replacement part from them), i called them out on some bs, and they refused the fix the issue for me. this is my second full set, first order from auctmarts. There's some other companies out there which I checked out but auctmarts is one i always wanted to try, even though they have a lot of bad reviews, they're still one of the biggest, well known companies, which is why i decided to take the risk, plus a lot of other companies are asking $600 for a full fairing kit, which is what i basically paid for abs fairings and i didnt want to drop that again, so out of the cheaper companies, i went with the most well known one, auctmarts

#27 ·
#28 ·

I dont have any of the earlier photos of the fairings up close. I will admit, the pin-striping decals on the nose fairing are slightly starting to peal off in a spot. not a huge issue, but idk...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.