Stolen 2007 white cbr600rr Minneapolis, MN area ( Recovered but Totaled) - Page 2 - 600RR.net
Stolen RR'S This forum will be dedictaed to stolen RR'S God forbid if your bike gets stolen please post a thread including vin number, bike description , where , when it got stolen

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-09-2015, 12:12 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Very interesting. Thanks! I know my bike is through progressive and I'm over that $3000 limit for sure. Something to consider though. I'll start trying to brush up receipts and take more specific pictures for sure from now on just as a cautious measure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-10-2015, 01:00 AM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Thanks for sharing your story. Sad indeed but it seems like you made out ok. Beautiful choice in mods will carry on to your next toy, no worries.
post #33 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-01-2015, 05:16 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
This story is both sad and terrifying to me. I have an 08 that is my first bike that I've had almost a year. I live in an apartment complex on the third floor so rolling it inside is not an option. On the picture that shows my staircase, I live on the top left side of the stairs. But I do sleep a LOT better at night since I started parking it how you can see in my pictures. It's under a staircase and it has a rail in front of it as well. I have a heavy duty motorcycle chain that goes through the swingarm and rear wheel and chains it to the staircase. I also have a disk lock with alarm on the front wheel making it impossible to roll backwards or forwards even an inch since the front wheel butts up against the rail to prevent forward rolling. I also keep it covered. I tuck the cover somewhat under the disk lock alarm so even taking the cover off will trip the alarm haha.

I feel reasonably comfortable with this setup.I mean it's a complete pain in the azz for ME to get the thing out from under the stairs with the key in the ignition. I mean I have to go forwards and backwards at least three times to get to an angle where I can barely squeeze out the side lol. But it's worth the piece of mind to me. Plus I don't have insurance...at all. Simply can't afford the $160 a month. I know that's stupid on many levels but I just can't do it. It's why I take all these steps to ensure that anyone who takes it will have a very hard time doing so.

Anyways, I'm glad it worked out somewhat ok for you in the end. Although seeing my bike like yours was would absolutely wreck me as I'm sure it did/does you. How much did it sell for on that crashed toys website, out of curiosity? And how's the search for your next bike going?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4371.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	153378   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4370.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	153386   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4369.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	153394   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4368.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	153402   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4367.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	153410  

post #34 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-07-2015, 09:40 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Gillmore View Post
This story is both sad and terrifying to me. I have an 08 that is my first bike that I've had almost a year. I live in an apartment complex on the third floor so rolling it inside is not an option. On the picture that shows my staircase, I live on the top left side of the stairs. But I do sleep a LOT better at night since I started parking it how you can see in my pictures. It's under a staircase and it has a rail in front of it as well. I have a heavy duty motorcycle chain that goes through the swingarm and rear wheel and chains it to the staircase. I also have a disk lock with alarm on the front wheel making it impossible to roll backwards or forwards even an inch since the front wheel butts up against the rail to prevent forward rolling. I also keep it covered. I tuck the cover somewhat under the disk lock alarm so even taking the cover off will trip the alarm haha.

I feel reasonably comfortable with this setup.I mean it's a complete pain in the azz for ME to get the thing out from under the stairs with the key in the ignition. I mean I have to go forwards and backwards at least three times to get to an angle where I can barely squeeze out the side lol. But it's worth the piece of mind to me. Plus I don't have insurance...at all. Simply can't afford the $160 a month. I know that's stupid on many levels but I just can't do it. It's why I take all these steps to ensure that anyone who takes it will have a very hard time doing so.

Anyways, I'm glad it worked out somewhat ok for you in the end. Although seeing my bike like yours was would absolutely wreck me as I'm sure it did/does you. How much did it sell for on that crashed toys website, out of curiosity? And how's the search for your next bike going?
dude... get insurance.

1) It's against the law not to have it (at least in MN)
2) what happens if you get into an accident riding and have significant medical costs to yourself? Or worse, someone else?
3) you don't have to get full coverage, there are varying degrees of coverage that are cheaper than $130 a month
post #35 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-13-2015, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Gillmore View Post
Checking back here and forgot to answer some questions...
- I didn't sell it on that Crashed Toys site, the insurance company did, so I'm not sure what it went for
- Search for the next bike is officially underway now that I have a job again and I can spend the money on one. I was waiting to get a job again as having a $10k cushion was nice when the job front was uncertain

2007 Honda CBR600RR White
Stolen - Recovered - Still totaled out http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=473281
post #36 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-16-2015, 12:22 PM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
How secure was the original garage? Could anyone walk into it, if they wanted to? My current apt complex is underground garage parking, but every entrance requires a key fob to open the door.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page