Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Bike theif pleads guilty: gets 30 days

5K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  justneedfor5rr 
#1 · (Edited)
Bike thief pleads guilty: gets 30 days

Hey riders, just got a letter from the courthouse explaining the resolution concerning my CBR theft. My amigo Michael Topper pleaded guilty to
Theft: Vehicles: Receipt of Stolen Property(penal code link is below)

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/?...t_en/dmv/pubs/vctop/appndxa/penalco/penco496d

So maybe this guy didn't steal my bike? and he was just knowingly in possession of it, hmm. I wondered why he didn't just take off when he got pulled over by high way patrol who I assume at 3am were in a cruiser. I have the right to restitution, the only thing I could think of was my insurance deductible, $1000. Not holding my breath on that one. Anyone ever get restitution for a stolen vehicle?
In any case, I think 30 days in jail is too much for a non-violent crime. What do you riders think?

not only did my bike get stolen, I was the victim of a hate crime, this is the actual video with audio: I'm minding my own business in the white shirt, what should this guys jail sentence be?

https://youtu.be/ew2Zc2qEovQ

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
He should have gotten much more than 30 days. He probably won't even serve the full 30 days. They will let him out in a week. You can sue him in small claims court if they don't make him pay any restitution. That would be an easy win.

#5 ·
Its cali why did he get so my much time is my question. Haha

#7 ·
i am not gonna lie. my r6 got stolen like 4 times already. but they failed every probably the same guy. they broke the ignition lock every time. and it costed like 130 dollars for the whole set every time. I was pissed. I was sitting in my car for 6 nights straight with my 9mm and handcuffs. i was hoping to catch the guy in the act and call the cop to put them in jail. However, the fucker did not show up. I was hoping that the thief freaking resisting citizen arrest or carry a damn weapon. i was prepare to shoot his legs...but i dont have good aim so it might hit other parts!!! oh well...

but you think 30 days is too much? hell freaking no! at least 6 months to a year!!!

#8 ·
Im like you man, got my first (of many) guns after my 13 was stolen.

It took them 4 minutes. I now have two chains locking it to a pipe and the new Scorpio Ride live action GPS. If it gets bumped, i get 2 texts and an email telling me. it takes me 60 seconds to get down to my bike. I think now i need to get hand cuffs too XD

#13 ·
i dont mind them getting the damn bike but they always failed. they broke the ignition lock which cost me around 100 dollars to get a new one. i got 500 dollars deductible. I am thinking of lowering the deductible soon. I have chains on my front and rear tires yet they always tried to break the ignition before cutting the chains. they always broke it and left it there or moved it a couple blocks down the road. that is why i am pissed. take the damn bike. it got insurance. dont just damage it and leave it for me to fix...

#19 ·
2nd year at USC and you don't know proper grammar or English. Excellent. I am stationed in Texas, I'm from California by the way. So I know both sides of this. And this is no situation in California where you won't have a long ass lawsuit after discharging your firearm.

#20 ·
does it matter what i wrote up here? if you gonna judge me, oh well, nothing will happen to me. I dont put my name on any legal document. you have lawsuit anywhere.

i was born in America but my parents moved to their mother country for their business. i just came back to the US for school. English is not my first language. and again nothing will happen to me if i write like **** on the forum. i can write run on sentences all day long. i can write broken sentences and nothing will happen to me. :wink2:

#21 ·
So what's your actual name so I never hire you for legal matters by mistake

#23 ·
30days jail time is possibly due to overcrowded jails and its a non-violent crime.

Although you should be entitled to more than just the $1k awarded to you. I would try to sue in civil court if you can, although that is another issue altogether.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.