Bike theif pleads guilty: gets 30 days - 600RR.net
Stolen RR'S This forum will be dedictaed to stolen RR'S God forbid if your bike gets stolen please post a thread including vin number, bike description , where , when it got stolen

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-27-2015, 06:12 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bike thief pleads guilty: gets 30 days

Hey riders, just got a letter from the courthouse explaining the resolution concerning my CBR theft. My amigo Michael Topper pleaded guilty to
Theft: Vehicles: Receipt of Stolen Property(penal code link is below)

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/?1...alco/penco496d

So maybe this guy didn't steal my bike? and he was just knowingly in possession of it, hmm. I wondered why he didn't just take off when he got pulled over by high way patrol who I assume at 3am were in a cruiser. I have the right to restitution, the only thing I could think of was my insurance deductible, $1000. Not holding my breath on that one. Anyone ever get restitution for a stolen vehicle?
In any case, I think 30 days in jail is too much for a non-violent crime. What do you riders think?

not only did my bike get stolen, I was the victim of a hate crime, this is the actual video with audio: I'm minding my own business in the white shirt, what should this guys jail sentence be?

https://youtu.be/ew2Zc2qEovQ
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150826_173418.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	163058  

Last edited by jony317; 08-27-2015 at 06:26 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jony317 For This Useful Post:
tary preisser (08-27-2015)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-27-2015, 10:16 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
30 days in Jail too much for Non violent crime?

couple of years of hard labor or $20K restitution....

you gonna give Mike a hug?
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-27-2015, 11:00 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

You are far too soft buddy. If I catch some a-hole trying to take off with my bike, my biggest concern would be my own possible sentence.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-27-2015, 11:15 AM
Training Wheel Hero

He should have gotten much more than 30 days. He probably won't even serve the full 30 days. They will let him out in a week. You can sue him in small claims court if they don't make him pay any restitution. That would be an easy win.

"That's all the motorcycle is, a system of concepts worked out in steel." ~Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-27-2015, 11:22 AM
World Superbike Racer

Garage
Its cali why did he get so my much time is my question. Haha

2007 Cbr600rr Black

[SIZE=1]Tripage IT and Plate Bracket, TST Turn Signals, GB Case Covers, Captive Rear Spacers, Driven 520 -1 +2 steel sprocket kit, Spiegler Steel Brake Lines, Front Fork Revalve, Stomp Grips, Speedodrd, Dunlop Q3's, HRC Rear Brake Res, Woocraft Frame sliders, Shorty levers, 90 Degree Valve Stems, EK 520 Black/Gold Chain, Tekarbon Chain Guard, Engine Swap, Brembo RCS, Evotech Front Brake Res, SBS Sintered Race pads, Healtech Quick Shifter, Vortex Rearsets, and Trackdays!
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-27-2015, 11:27 AM
Moto GP Racer

Thanked 2,411 Times in 1,679 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
30 days is po0sie time.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-25-2016, 05:57 AM
Training Wheel Hero

i am not gonna lie. my r6 got stolen like 4 times already. but they failed every probably the same guy. they broke the ignition lock every time. and it costed like 130 dollars for the whole set every time. I was pissed. I was sitting in my car for 6 nights straight with my 9mm and handcuffs. i was hoping to catch the guy in the act and call the cop to put them in jail. However, the fucker did not show up. I was hoping that the thief freaking resisting citizen arrest or carry a damn weapon. i was prepare to shoot his legs...but i dont have good aim so it might hit other parts!!! oh well...

but you think 30 days is too much? hell freaking no! at least 6 months to a year!!!
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-25-2016, 09:09 AM
Training Wheel Hero

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sssmasss View Post
i am not gonna lie. my r6 got stolen like 4 times already. but they failed every probably the same guy. they broke the ignition lock every time. and it costed like 130 dollars for the whole set every time. I was pissed. I was sitting in my car for 6 nights straight with my 9mm and handcuffs. i was hoping to catch the guy in the act and call the cop to put them in jail. However, the fucker did not show up. I was hoping that the thief freaking resisting citizen arrest or carry a damn weapon. i was prepare to shoot his legs...but i dont have good aim so it might hit other parts!!! oh well...

but you think 30 days is too much? hell freaking no! at least 6 months to a year!!!
Im like you man, got my first (of many) guns after my 13 was stolen.

It took them 4 minutes. I now have two chains locking it to a pipe and the new Scorpio Ride live action GPS. If it gets bumped, i get 2 texts and an email telling me. it takes me 60 seconds to get down to my bike. I think now i need to get hand cuffs too XD

VA | DC
2013 600RR HRC
2009 600RR Leyla
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-26-2016, 06:29 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks87 View Post

It took them 4 minutes. I now have two chains locking it to a pipe and the new Scorpio Ride live action GPS. If it gets bumped, i get 2 texts and an email telling me. it takes me 60 seconds to get down to my bike. I think now i need to get hand cuffs too XD

you need to get the handcuffs because your intention was to arrest the thief not hurting him or her. the weapon was for your protection and to assist the arresting process. Remember that!!! lol...

however, i am near sighted, bad aim, and easily scared!!! so if he come at me i will have to unload!!!
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-27-2016, 11:45 AM
Moto GP Racer

Thanked 2,411 Times in 1,679 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks87 View Post

Old post is old, but still...

You are so manly, and armed. Secksi!!!!!!

I have full coverage, I win.
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-27-2016, 12:22 PM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX View Post
Old post is old, but still...

You are so manly, and armed. Secksi!!!!!!

I have full coverage, I win.
Ding!!!!

Take my f-ing bike; life is too short to deal with douchebags and scum who would love nothing ore than to sue me while I "protect" my property. There are lots of bikes out there waiting to be tried and ridden anyway.

If you don't think of your bike as a replaceable tool, you're missing out.....

- '14 Honda CBR650F
- '14 Triumph Thruxton
- '13 Kymco Super 8 150
- '04 Yamaha WR450F
- Past rides: too many to list
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-27-2016, 08:46 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

The bay area is a cesspool you should move from that place.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-28-2016, 12:28 AM
Training Wheel Hero

i dont mind them getting the damn bike but they always failed. they broke the ignition lock which cost me around 100 dollars to get a new one. i got 500 dollars deductible. I am thinking of lowering the deductible soon. I have chains on my front and rear tires yet they always tried to break the ignition before cutting the chains. they always broke it and left it there or moved it a couple blocks down the road. that is why i am pissed. take the damn bike. it got insurance. dont just damage it and leave it for me to fix...

add custom signature here...
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-28-2016, 01:54 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:

You're stupid and do not understand firearm laws if you're aiming for a leg, and you're going to get worse than the robber in the eyes of the law. If you aim for a leg they will see it as hey he didn't need to use it. Shoot to kill if you have to use a firearm not wound. EVER. And if you really want to shoot a robber, put the bike in the garage, and leave the garage open, depending on your laws if he's on your property you may be in your rights.

2A7X3. Aircraft Structural Maintenance.

Any corrosion (Paint, priming, identification, etc) or Fabrication (Sheetmetal, Fiberglass, Tubing, etc)
questions, go ahead and ask and I'll do the best to respond to the best of my knowledge.

Current : '08 CBR1000RR 20160213
Wrecked: '05 CBR600RR 20151221 RIP

Crashes: 2 minor low speed lowsides, 1 50MPH impact.
Injuries: 0 Broken bones, possible tear in shoulder.
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-28-2016, 10:13 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX View Post
30 days is po0sie time.
+1
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-28-2016, 10:58 AM
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by YG27 View Post
You're stupid and do not understand firearm laws if you're aiming for a leg, and you're going to get worse than the robber in the eyes of the law. If you aim for a leg they will see it as hey he didn't need to use it. Shoot to kill if you have to use a firearm not wound. EVER. And if you really want to shoot a robber, put the bike in the garage, and leave the garage open, depending on your laws if he's on your property you may be in your rights.

wow... i dont know where you get your degree from because you clearly did not understand what i said. and i dont know where you live but admit that you want to shoot to kill? good luck with that.

nvm. i saw that you are from TEXAS!!!

for your information I am graduate student. 2nd year USC. Gould School of Laws

Last edited by sssmasss; 03-28-2016 at 11:01 AM.
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-28-2016, 11:28 AM
Knee Dragger

Quote:
wow... i dont know where you get your degree from because you clearly did not understand what i said. and i dont know where you live but admit that you want to shoot to kill? good luck with that.

nvm. i saw that you are from TEXAS!!!

for your information I am graduate student. 2nd year USC. Gould School of Laws

Well don't let them indoctrinate you too much, now...

Yes, Texas has the Castle Doctrine, which means you can shoot to kill anyone trying to steal your property...
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-29-2016, 12:47 AM
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Chaos View Post
Well don't let them indoctrinate you too much, now...

Yes, Texas has the Castle Doctrine, which means you can shoot to kill anyone trying to steal your property...
love it when someone know exactly what i am talking about...

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-29-2016, 01:34 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

2nd year at USC and you don't know proper grammar or English. Excellent. I am stationed in Texas, I'm from California by the way. So I know both sides of this. And this is no situation in California where you won't have a long ass lawsuit after discharging your firearm.

Any corrosion (Paint, priming, identification, etc) or Fabrication (Sheetmetal, Fiberglass, Tubing, etc)
questions, go ahead and ask and I'll do the best to respond to the best of my knowledge.

post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-29-2016, 02:50 AM
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
2nd year at USC and you don't know proper grammar or English. Excellent. I am stationed in Texas, I'm from California by the way. So I know both sides of this. And this is no situation in California where you won't have a long ass lawsuit after discharging your firearm.
does it matter what i wrote up here? if you gonna judge me, oh well, nothing will happen to me. I dont put my name on any legal document. you have lawsuit anywhere.

i was born in America but my parents moved to their mother country for their business. i just came back to the US for school. English is not my first language. and again nothing will happen to me if i write like **** on the forum. i can write run on sentences all day long. i can write broken sentences and nothing will happen to me.

post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-29-2016, 02:53 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

So what's your actual name so I never hire you for legal matters by mistake

post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-29-2016, 03:07 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Garage
OP is too kind... 30days is not enough. Will get out after 10...

post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-29-2016, 06:59 AM
Moto GP Racer

30days jail time is possibly due to overcrowded jails and its a non-violent crime.

Although you should be entitled to more than just the $1k awarded to you. I would try to sue in civil court if you can, although that is another issue altogether.

* * 600RR Ex-Track Junkie * *
Current bike - Yamaha Liquid Silver R1

- Competition Breeds Excellence -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page