Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

VFX Kit Installed --- Picture Added ---

4K views 49 replies 21 participants last post by  Black_knight_600rr 
#1 ·
So yeah I installed my VFX kit today and boy is it sweet! Talk about a eye candy mod, $hit I just hope the cops love it as much as me (or not). At anyrate, it was not that hard to install but there are a lot of wires to hide, kinda a pain in the a$$. Its easy to program once you know how to do it as well and there are tons of animations to blow through.

All and all

Jason

#27 ·
My only question would be....how do the brake lights work when you have the blinker on? I watched the demo and i like the setup where the blinker goes from one side of the taillight all th eway to the other....but how does the brake light still work? does the brake override the turnsignal or what?

#28 ·
rrYOUcrazy said:
My only question would be....how do the brake lights work when you have the blinker on? I watched the demo and i like the setup where the blinker goes from one side of the taillight all th eway to the other....but how does the brake light still work? does the brake override the turnsignal or what?
There`s a turnsignal and brakelight override system... I use the amber "stock-looking" turnsignal (europe...). When I turn on my turnsignal and brakelight at the same time, the red light turns off in the direction I`m blinking, and the amber light is blinkin on/off... Not too sure how the "sweeping" turnsignals will look, but I`m pretty sure there`s no mistaking the turnsignal/brakelight-combo...

#29 ·
rrYOUcrazy said:
It splits the taillight.

Jason

#33 ·
That Red Bull can is one of the most squidish things I've ever seen. What the hell does Red Bull have to do with a Honda CBR600RR?!?!??!

The VFX kit may look cool in the garage, but not very practical. I was driving home a week or so ago and got behind a Gixxer that had one. It's not very noticeable and not a very good indicator of your intentions on the road.

Not trying to bust your bubble, just my .02.

#34 ·
Shad_03BlackRR said:
That Red Bull can is one of the most squidish things I've ever seen. What the hell does Red Bull have to do with a Honda CBR600RR?!?!??!

The VFX kit may look cool in the garage, but not very practical. I was driving home a week or so ago and got behind a Gixxer that had one. It's not very noticeable and not a very good indicator of your intentions on the road.

Squidish! :lol2:

http://www.redbullusa.com/article.action?documentIntID=1070312549479-2017811618

VFX kit is awesome! There are some many options for the turn signals and brake... To me they are all very clear as to your intentions. Trust me, everyone who has seen my VFX kit has be nothing but impressed. Hell the reason I bought mine was after seeing it on another 600rr.

Just my . 02. :smile:

Jason

#35 ·
No mistaking the turnsignals on the VFX! Had some friends riding behind me a few days ago. They even claimed the VFX-turnsignal was BETTER than the stock signals... :cool:

#36 ·
Visitor Q said:
Shad_03BlackRR said:

Squidish! :lol2:

http://www.redbullusa.com/article.action?documentIntID=1070312549479-2017811618

VFX kit is awesome! There are some many options for the turn signals and brake... To me they are all very clear as to your intentions. Trust me, everyone who has seen my VFX kit has be nothing but impressed. Hell the reason I bought mine was after seeing it on another 600rr.

Just my . 02. :smile:

Jason
Being sponsored by Red Bull is one thing. Putting an empty can of Red Bull on your bike is another (trailer trash comes to mind).

#40 ·
seanic said:
shad sounds like he's mad at the world.
:lol2:

Yeah really, I think he is just pissed because I am right and he is wrong. Guess he never heard of Ben Bostrom, oh well.

Live from your local trailer park it me, Jason. ;-)

ps. Oh $hit that reminds me, I need to peel off my HRC sticker since I am not sponsered by Honda. Fewwww, thats for the heads up Shad. :oops:

#41 ·
I got mine yesterday and installed it last night. DOPE!! (Thanks Mike!) But I got a couple questions...

If you decide to remove the stock rear blinkers, do you just cut the 4 wires? Theres the blue and green, and the orange and green, right? Do you just leave the greens cut and hangin or do you have to ground em?

Also, did you install the switch up front? I dont wanna drill my fairings, I always screw stuff like that up. Where did you mount it?

Thanks!

#42 ·
The integrated tail lights I understand...but what's the point of the rest of it? I guess the flashing could be used for breaking...but anything else seems like it'd get you in trouble because it looks like police sirens(sp?)

#43 ·
OlDirtyRobb said:
I got mine yesterday and installed it last night. DOPE!! (Thanks Mike!) But I got a couple questions...

If you decide to remove the stock rear blinkers, do you just cut the 4 wires? Theres the blue and green, and the orange and green, right? Do you just leave the greens cut and hangin or do you have to ground em?

Also, did you install the switch up front? I dont wanna drill my fairings, I always screw stuff like that up. Where did you mount it?

Thanks!
Yup. Instead of splicing into them, just cut them. If you have any doubts about it just call VFX, they are very helpful on the phone not to mention there direction kick a$$.

I did install the switch up front where they told me to in the directions by using the temp plate and drilling the fairing.

Good Luck! :cool:
Jason

#44 ·
Meddiepie954rr said:
The integrated tail lights I understand...but what's the point of the rest of it? I guess the flashing could be used for breaking...but anything else seems like it'd get you in trouble because it looks like police sirens(sp?)
I guess it’s a personal preference. I mean I understand what you are saying but really the turn signal animations where enough of a selling point to me not to mention the brake light options. The led lights are much brighter than stock and as far as all that other trick stuff goes, well that is really just icing on the cake and back road fun. :smile:

Jason

#45 ·
Visitor Q said:
Yup. Instead of splicing into them, just cut them. If you have any doubts about it just call VFX, they are very helpful on the phone not to mention there direction kick a$$.
No kidding, my friend with an R6 did his a few days ago and man- Ive never seen directions that explicit. There were full color shots of everything.
Like even taking off the seats. It was bordering on excessive, but always better than some flimsy anemic crappy directions...

#49 ·
Dang hoagie that's dope. Wanna do mine? :D

Jus playin. I just krazy glued mine to the front, by the back of the headlight. It's all good, it's a little hard to get to, but I know if I drilled, I'd have a softball hole in my fairing :p

But yeah it's cool, some chick told me the lights were cool this morning at a red light. Too bad she was like 40, but it was cool :cool:

G
#50 ·
when i seen that red bull can and the guy saying he cut the top off of a real red bull can and clamped it on ..

i busted up laughing and laughed out " thats sick bitches"

man iam on the way iam diggin around for cans..... me likey the idea.....

hmm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.