Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

CW Fender kit installed

865 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Visitor Q 
#1 ·
So yesterday I got home expecting that the CW Fender kit I ordered off the internet would be at my house, and it was. So, of course I had to install it. Finally 6 hours later I had completed it. This was my frist alteration to my bike and my first time taking the tail off. Thus, this would account for some of the time, plus I took my time and was as careful as possible with the fairings and such. However, I also had to go to the autoparts store twice to get a metric size 8, allen wrench, which everyone needs but doesn't get with their toolkit and a snake to grab a battery bolt that I droped in the area that is covered and you can't get to in front of the seat. I have had to take my seat off a couple of times now and everytime I do I drop a bolt up there, never fails. So that took me about an hour as well. And finally one trip to work to get a soldiering iron and heat shrink for the wiring. Besides that the only real bi**h was putting the tail back on. Sliced the s**t out of my finger on side mount piece that comes with the kit doing it. All in all a fun little project, I recommend it for anyone that has one of these bikes, although I feel you should soldier the wires and not use those crappy crimps they give you in the kit. Also, their instructions on how to run the wires are worthless. You can't even see what they are talking about in the picture they provide. ALL in all, I figured it out it looks just like I thought and I love it. Now I have to go and get some crome polish because my exhaust it out in the open and you can see it.

See less See more
#2 ·
mine was a bi%$h too......i recomend spot welding the bracket or zip tie it up,, so it is up off of your hugger. if you keep the roller in contact with the hugger it willscratch the **** out of it. I didnt really notice it untill 1000 miles or so. i tacked mine up about 2 inches, and ordered a carbon fiber hugger cause my stock one looked like crap. just a suggestion man...later :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.