Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Mikes 05 Build Thread

7K views 52 replies 19 participants last post by  PropinNDropin 
#1 · (Edited)
So i bought my 05 600RR back in May, and decided to ride it pretty much stock besides the usual rear eliminator kit, flush mounts, and a slip on until this winter before I started modding it. Now that its winter, and ive already done a few things, i figured id start a build thread. Everything im doing ive found out how to do on here from various members, so if youre looking to do something id id, i can help you out or point you in the right direction
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motorcycle fairing

Thats what it looked like when i got it
then I needed a new chain, so I figured id get new sprockets as well. Im not sure what i did on the sprockets, Im pretty sure it was -1/+2
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Alloy wheel

Im goin to do a lot of red accents, I think, so i went with a red chain
Headlamp Automotive lighting Light Technology Neon

The next was 35W slim ballast HID's from DDM tunning, and i replaced the third eye with a red LED, if you want to know what the bulb is PM me because i dont know where the pic is of the package atm.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Tire

Now she is sitting inside, the plastics are off, and doing some cosmetic mods
Vehicle Auto part Automotive tire Tire Motorcycle

Naked

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
So for the first thing once i took all the fairings off was to remove all the heat shields, simply because i cant stand the horrible look. Plus the one on the mid pip was loose, and wouldnt tighten up. Once i had access to the exhaust, you could definately tell the PO did not take care of the bike that much cleanliness wise. I went to the store and got some Mothers Mag Aluminum Polish and heres how it turned out
Auto part

Before
Auto part Exhaust system Automotive exhaust Muffler

After
Auto part Engine Motor vehicle Fuel line Tire

Then, since I removed the heat shields and hate the look of the bare pipe, I got some Titanium heat wrap to wrap the pipe
Auto part Engine Vehicle Automotive engine part Tire

Seeing as how i hated the stock engine cover color, I decided to paint mine on both sides, and threw in some red paint in the stamped HONDA to set it off a little bit. Also got a Red oil cap for a little more accent.
Again, if anyone wants to know how I did anything, feel free to ask away. I learned everything ive done from the forum so I'm willing to return the favor
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Alloy wheel Rim

Another thing I didnt like was the silver rim tape so i ordered some off ebay to replace it with Red.
Thats it for now, im waiting to send out my Rearsets, and clutch linkage to to T for powdercoating. I cant figure out if i want to do all black, or if i want to do just the actual pegs red and bolts red.

#3 · (Edited)
The big Ugly silver bolts in the black frame really got to me, so i did the $3.98 custom frame plug kit from lowes. they are black furniture plugs, two of them had to be trimmed to fit, then i used black RTV to seal them in
Text Font

Text

Auto part Engine Vehicle Automotive engine part Tire

Automotive tire Auto part Vehicle Tire Motorcycle accessories

Games

The PO also was missing a bolt in the rear tire hugger, and the license plate holder pushed the hugger into the tire and ate it up. So I took it off, Tacked it with a welder so it was stationary, shaved off the roller wheel, and painted it black to blend in a little better. I aslo still have the rear res delete kit to put on, i shaved the old res protector off the rear peg, i am ordering asv levers to get rid of the ugly stock ones, and would like to order brake lines as well

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.