Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

my new movistar decal kit finally came!!!!!

5K views 25 replies 21 participants last post by  Scotty napalm 
#1 · (Edited)
going to go pick her up tommarow from usps. any body preperations I should do before the installation?

See less See more
#6 ·
I say wash it with dish soap because it'll remove any layers of wax or polish that are on the fairings. Then when your done wipe down the areas with an alcohol prep pad or something to make sure theres no oils left behind from your hands.

#8 ·
+1 on the alcohol pads. Just make sure to use a clean towel to wipe the alcohol off before applying the decals (if you are too impatient to let the alcohol dry, which takes no time at all!) The alcohol will make sure you have a really clean surface to work with.

If the decals are a permanent thing, I would consider having a body shop clear coat over them, assuming you will never need to take them off. That way, no peeling...ever!

#13 ·
swinster...that looks sweet! i wish they released the full replica here =/

#14 · (Edited)
did you order them from xtremedecals.com or are you just using their pic? i would really like to see pics of this when its done! i want to see how it compares to redracingparts.com telephonica kit, which costs more than twice as much!

#17 ·
didrr, you done yet? i cant wait to see pics!

#22 ·
I've been wanting to do this to my bike since a few months after I bought it in July of 05... Any clue where I can get blue fairings from? And would any of you suggest using like race type fairings (except for the rear seat for the compartment)? I was also thinking about using the Dzuz fastners..

But first off, a good place to get blue plastics for an 05? :)

#23 ·

requested by Omarvelous! here's some quick shots of my bike

this is the redracingparts.com decals with the mad doctor gp tail.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.