Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Rozenheimer's Tricolor Build

17K views 118 replies 37 participants last post by  Rozenheimer 
#1 · (Edited)
After selling my 2002 f4i I figured it was time for an upgrade. In March of 09 this rr on craigslist in Montana listed for 6500, with only 1500 miles on it. After talking the guy down to 6000 I took the pass thru one of our wonderful snowfalls in the mountains to pick it up.

The mods it had done when purchased:
- Two Brothers slip on
- TST industries Integrate Tail light
- Puig DB smoke windscreen
- Solo seat cowl
- Bigskymotorsports.com plate bracket
- Ebay CF Mirrors
- Ebay clear flushmounts
- ER Racing frame sliders/tie down hook

The first thing I did to it was add a Honda CF tank protector and a Honda CF gas cap protector

Next was the pro grip white reflective wheel tape

After riding around for a little bit with the 2bros slip on I figured I would shop around for a full system. I decided to go with the yoshimura ss piping and the cf canister. The night I got the package I just got back from a softball game and was drinking just a bit. I thought it was a good idea to assemble the headers first... well that wasn't a good idea because I didn't realize how tight of a fit the headers would be.

And with perfect timing the PCV came in the mail while I was installing the exhaust.

Here are some pictures of the yoshimura install... you can see how tight it was when fitting the header.

I had the yoshi installed without the PCV installed. I started the bike up and waited for it to warm up. While it was warming up it was idling really weird and then would back fire if I revved it past 5k. Then it was time to rip apart the rest of the bike and put on the power commander.

After installing the license plate bracket I ran into the problem of the plastic touching the mid pipe. But no fear, I recently ordered the Tripage Adjustable Bracket.

See less See more
#4 ·
Within the last couple days I have ordered some goodies... thanks to Clitsy I have some 07 Pearl White lowers on the way, thanks to T, an adjustable license plate bracket and thanks to Slowboy for some dotnet gear. Also figured I would try out some 2wheels levers and I'm patiently waiting on the fren tubo group buy to close up for some brake lines.

I took some pictures yesterday while it was nice out of how it sits now... can't wait for all of the incoming parts

#6 · (Edited)
great lookn bike man, good call on the RS-5 have the same, find the 2bros sticks out too far imo, def get lots of compliements on the Yoshy sound! fyi any plans to lower the exhaust inorder to see the TST light?, i know with Tripage's IT its a must; more or less half covered = not good. i have a DIY for the bracket if your interested click on the link in my sig ;)

#8 ·
Yea I'm loving the yoshi on her. I just got back from work so I'm going to be putting on the Tripage FE to clean it up and keep the old bracket from touching the pipe. With the lowering link I already bought some parts(pretty close to the same as yours now that I looked at it) just figured I would do the rear end all at one.

#9 ·
The little time I had in the last couple days I was able to put on a couple more mods. I started out with the yoshi lowering bracket idea from CBRtime and added the Tripage FE to get that pipe clear. Just this morning I added the2wheels levers and decided to take a couple pictures

#10 ·
The little time I had in the last couple days I was able to put on a couple more mods. I started out with the yoshi lowering bracket idea from CBRtime and added the Tripage FE to get that pipe clear. Just this morning I added the2wheels levers and decided to take a couple pictures

Drool!!!!! Looking real nice, the white lowers set this bike off imo.
I have to say the solo cowl looks better on the bike as well, but I'm assuming you had it off for passenger reasons. Great job on the bike so far.

#21 ·
Bike looks really nice, not sure if i like the white lowers or not, i do but i dont at the same time. Its def differnent the more i look at it the more its growing on me,,, Next i would paint subframe and rearsets flat black to get rid of the silver... I did here of peoples 2 wheel levers fading in the sun, thats what happens when u buy 35 levers. But, i do here they work fine wc is a plus.

#25 ·
Fren Tubo

I know I said a couple months ago I was going to put the brake lines on but I just got too busy. It would have been nice to have some sort of instruction with the lines but I ended up making it work after a couple failed attempts. Thanks for the quality lines slowboy :shakehand

Now my girlfriend is across the country so the solo cover is back on and the pegs are off... looks much better imo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.