Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Black 07CBR600RR Build

15K views 77 replies 28 participants last post by  cbr-l3x 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone, just wanted to start a timeline for my bike to see, and show, how it progresses. Bought this 07 600rr with 6500km, in near-stock form with little to no gear. I have some mechanical background and experience in electrical, and mods overall due to catching the mod bug with my 06 civic.

Here is the bike as I bought it...

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Tripage's IT and FE is very nicely done. I bought the STD integrated taillight(with signals) and the plain fender elimanator. I picked up some LED powdercoated bolts from ebay, to illuminate the plate. Really liked how this turned out, and I have to commend tripage on his work. If you guys are debating this, stop and just buy it already. I also made the mistake on not getting the flasher relay, this is something I will grab next week when I get paid(its a must imo). .

Basically followed the video step by step from tripage, and got the IT installed. With the IT, there is a brake plug, left turn plug, and right turn plug, as well as an extra plug which is meant to power your plate light. This came in handy in my case. Here are some of the pics on how the IT/FE went together:

With the tailight mounted, and power off, I set up the FE and put the bolts in place, and tied them into each other.

Ran the wires up through the already existing battery tray hole. There is where it comes out.

The plug (male) which will mate to the Tripage IT.

Tripage IT Female connector.

Illumination

Bolt detail

In a "night" setting

Overall how it looks in the dark.

#4 · (Edited)
How much the tail gets cleaned up with this product is amazing!

Day shot

Overall look

As the bike sits today
Overall look

Some other goodies...have to stay protected!

Icon Alliance Solid black helmet w/ smoked shield.

Icon Accelerant Stealth jacket, Love this thing.

#5 ·
Nice set up. If you are looking for a smoked windscreen, Puig makes a decent product for the 06.

Reactions: mtanner
#6 ·
looks great. If you want to you can mount your tag using the bottom holes and it will pt your tag up higher. Thanks. T

#7 ·
Thanks guys, I like the plate as low as it can go. I figure cops won't bother me if it is still illuminated.
Next updates are a while away, I just spent a fair amount on parts and gear in a short time. Time to enjoy what I have and take advantage of the great weather we are having.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

#9 ·
Nice looking build.

Reactions: mtanner
#10 · (Edited)
I feel good about how the bike is sitting to date, so I decided to invest in some new gear. Of course, there are lots of little parts and addons that I can always do, but those things will come in time!

Anyways on to the gear, I have a 3-season Icon jacket already, along with the Icon Alliance helmet shown in the earlier pictures. I had been borrowing a pair of A* boots and Icon gloves off a very generous friend, and decided I needed my own. Ordered all my stuff from STG, big shoutout to them for a timely delivery.

Alpinestars S-MX 1 Boots (Black) & Alpinestars SMX-2 Air Carbon gloves

First impressions
Boots: Amazing, really good feel, hardened shift pad, toe protector, slightly flexible but still very sturdy.They breathe extremely well, and the velcro and zippers tighten real good. Standard jeans will fit over the top of this boot and your feet and achilles will thank you!!
Gloves: Overall breathe extremely well. Have a lot of detail, and palm padding, along with the knuckle protection. Very good fit to my fingers, but my hand and palm width make the large fit like any other medium. They run on the small side for fitment, so I'd suggest going a size up from any other brand. They have a single velcro strap across the wrist, which allows me to open them up a bit and work them in.

#14 · (Edited)
Thanks guys, appreciate the compliments. I was searching on some old sites and came across the first streetbike I had. It was my dad's 1984 Honda Interceptor (VFour 500) which I believe we bought, used for 2-3 years and sold for the exact same price. Check it out:

It wasn't powerful by any means, but a great riding bike and very comfortable. I started out on the street with this thing and had lots of fun with it. It still only had 30k KM when we parted with it.

#16 ·
So had a couple of things go wrong here lately, more life-related BS rather than bike related. So I ride my bike to work for a nightshift, 7pm-7am. I store the bike inside the maintenance shop just for safety reasons and to avoid other idiots and work etc.
All goes well, I hop on the bike the next morning and ride home, the whole ride I keep thinking about where I'm going to leave the bike ( I usually store it in my friends garage except on consecutively nice days) and get the "someones going to steal it" idea in my head. So I park it real close to my steps, but still on the pavement, and lock the bars full left. I figure its the best spot and plus its daytime I'm going to hear anyone picking at it that close to my front door. I get a knock at the door about 12pm after 4hours of sleep and its my landlord(neighbor). She tells me "hey your bike is out there on the ground"......not to mention I am still basically disoriented because I ran to door while putting on pants and a shirt.I go out to find one of the most disappointing sights yet, the bike toppled over just laying there helplessly. So long story short, the temperature got up to about 35deg celcius (very hot here) the pavement heated up and the peg sunk in enough for the bike to make a slow crash on its left side. Here are some pics....

#19 ·
Luckily my bars WERE locked full left, and the peg and the bar end and clutch lever took the brunt of the force. The tank didn't get hit. There is a slight scuff on the tail but it is very faint due to the black colour hiding it well. Anyways I have decided that there is some good in all of this: I always wanted to black out the bike so now here is my opportunity.
My plans are:
Black Levers
Black Rearsets (Searching for OEM or aftermarket)
Black Mid Fairing (Searching for used OEM silver/black/dark grey mids, and paint my current ones black just in case I don't like the look)
Black upper mid (Used OEM or new OEM - pending availability)
Relocate the 600RR tail sticker to cover the minor scratches, but stay symmetrical.

The rest of the damage is too minor to even mention and I have to actually search myself for a few minutes to see any difference, so I figure I'll chop that up as use.

#20 ·
Black Levers
July 27/12

Got these on ebay for about $15 + $5shipping to canada. They are OEM powdercoated black. Came from overseas, direct replacement. I greased the bearings prior to installing them. Here are some pics:
In the package, bubbled wrapped as well.

#21 ·
The bike is still ride-able but I am getting annoyed with the left peg. I have the black upper mid on the top of the list as the next buy, and the mids will come after that. I found a set on here for $200 but I can't justify it before I buy the upper mid, and/or fix that rearset. Keep me in mind if you have any parts. The upper mid without decal from East Toledo is about $220 to my door. I wouldn't mind paying about $120-130 used.
If I can find black mids for $150 OEM, i'd be all over that as well.
Rearsets I expect about $40 oem and I'd be looking at $400+ aftermarket.(Pending lottery win)

#22 ·
Damn dude that sucks.. I was reading it expecting to hear that someone kicked it over or tried to jack it.. Sorry about the damage.

I **** you not your bike could be mine.

Do you have the link to those black levers you got off ebay?

#23 ·
#25 ·
Well I have some parts in, and some on order. Here is both mid fairings I found off ebay, one new and one used.

Upper Mid (used) $50

Mid fairing (new) $90

Also found a left side peg, from a user on here (djacksoncbr600) who was really good to deal with. He sent me the left side rearset and shift linkages for $45.

Here is how much of a difference there was in the bent one vs stock.

So basically I have all the parts I need and have replaced anything broken or disfigured lol.

Also managed to pick up a CF Windscreen fro, RSP, wish I could of got in on that thread earlier I would have loved to snatch a few more pieces. Hit me up if you have anything you are willing to part with!!

Next on the list is hopefully a couple of CF goodies, just accent pieces no major fairings, as well as, increasing my turn signal visibility in the front and in the rear.
I plan on going with ebay integrated mirrors for the front($40) and looking into Tripages led leg signals for the rear.

I would also like to vinyl wrap my subframe black, to continue the stealth look through the whole theme of the bike. And to finish it off, TOCE T-Slash is on the wishlist, but for $650usd it's going to stay on the wishlist for a while yet...maybe the spring.

#26 ·
The bike is up on stands in the garage for the winter. So I will have these fairings on long before the spring comes and it's time to fire the bike up again.

Here are a couple pics of myself and my friends bikes. It puts a smile on my face everytime.

Ranging from '87 to '09, 6 Honda bikes and 2 Civics in the driveway!! That's loyalty.

#27 ·
The bike is up on stands in the garage for the winter. So I will have these fairings on long before the spring comes and it's time to fire the bike up again.
Hey man sorry for the sunk in the pavement! at least you'll some more fun playing with your babe ;)...
I was wondering... did you experience any problem when placing the stock exhaust with the rear light? I've tried to do this, but it seems there is no room for both... I cant fit them together. In your bike there is no heating shield on the top of the exhaust as well correct?
Any advise?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.