Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

She's come a long way in three weeks... =P

6K views 36 replies 27 participants last post by  rockhillcbr 
#1 ·
Been busy this past month, sold my green '09 & finally got my white '07 project bike almost stock 10/5 with ASV shortie levers, Akrapovic CF rear hugger & heat shield cover, and the deal maker/key piece you can't seem to buy anymore & I've been searching for... Watsen Designs Flushmounts with running lights! :banger: LOL the hardest part to find & I've been searching for, WooHoo!

Homecoming pic:

Humble beginnings, aka the BEFORE pic:

Since then, been busy with mostly aesthetic mods along w/ Akra bits & CF trim. It's been rainy in Seattle/Pacific NW, so bike's been on the stands being upgraded as parts arrive. Started with black reflective shadow wings (black in daylight, reflective silver at night), adds a sharper edge to the graphics & improved visibility at night. Then, custom reflective red rim tape & custom reflective rim logos similar to Sincali's, but using red RRs. Reapplied the OEM CBR Racing midfairing decals (previous owner debadged) to tie in the red highlights. Tripage treatment w/ IT, fender eliminator/plate illuminated bracket, LED relay, powdercoated passenger pegs. Mounted Bridgestone S20s from Motomummy.

Credit to Shadoh for the custom seat design (via Luimoto), added the red RR to to tie-in red highlights. Puig smoked DB. Added the $$s but ohh so sexy looking & sounding Akrapovic exhaust. Carbon fiber front fender, and tank lower panels. Techspec C3 tank grips. Driven Limited Ed. White D3 grips, and black custom bar ends w/ silver RRs.

Then added CBRKP & Armon's amazing S2K clear lens dual projectors, along with my PIAA 6000K D2S bulbs from my last Audi S4.

Pic from today w/ the last CF bits installed.

Props to Brian/MOTY Design for turning my custom gauge LED mod in a day, no more ugly amber display!

New Akra & Tripage IT cuz they're so SEXY!

I think I'm done modding for this month. Got my eye on a Power Commander next (PC III or PCV... hmmm?) but my wallet's pretty empty. ; ) Safe riding & happy modding... Cheers!

See less See more
Reactions: tripage
#6 ·
Thanks, it's been many long nights after work... but I love the transformation. I've always loved the white & wanted to do a subtle carbon fiber treatment... This forum's both a blessing and a curse (wallet wise... LOL).

The kids have helped me with extra hands & occasional wrenching, actually my oldest daughter helped alot with the detail graphics application, so it's also been fun family time & a sense of accomplishment for all of us.

#7 ·
looking good sir. Love the headlights and graphics. Not a fan of the seats, but to each his own. So you came from an 09...how's the 07 compare (ya know, since the 09+ was detuned)? You got to change your username now :)

I picked up a white 07 recently too...have been doing minor mods for the time being though.

#8 ·
Thx for the feedback, I personally love the seats, transforms the look of the bike, ties together the black shadow wings/silver & even the red highlights, and rear passenger seat looks similar to the solo cowl.

Haven't had a lot of seat time given the rainy weather recently, but I certainly prefer the bodywork/fairings on the '07-08 over the '09-12s... Much easier to get the bodywork off for working on the bike too. Feels pretty much the same from the time I've had on it, haven't noticed much from the 'butt dyno' in terms of power difference though it's known to have a bit more power over the '09-12s. Hard to tell, but I'm sure it will be much more noticeable once I eventually get a PCIII or PCV...

Yeah, & I'm not sure how or even IF I can change my username, oh well...

Cheers!

#12 · (Edited)
Thanks, looks sick in person, got rid of the boring amber everything, & the new blue displays with hyper-white tach, red needle really pops, especially with the white fairings contrast. Yep Brian aka Browning Buck has started doing the gauge mods again, tends to do them in the off season I think. I just got it back this week, literally sent it out last Saturday, had it back by Thurs. Excellent communication/response & incredible turn around. Best quality/looking gauge LEDs I've seen in researching them, plus he can also do the Acumen integrated gear indicator in the gauges, totally OEM looking & sick. Also has the blackout option (inverted illumination), various color options, turn signals, etc. Wish I had the funds available. Look up MOTY Design.... he's a site sponsor too I believe, user Browning Buck.

http://www.motydesign.com

Thanks again Brian for the awesome customer service & quality, customer for life!

Check out the MOTY Design gauges gallery pictures for ideas. Cheers!

Reactions: Fly_Killer
#14 ·
So... I'm pretty jelly of your headlights.

#16 · (Edited)
Thanks, I drooled over them when they came available... they light up the night for sure, cutoff & illumination is unbelievable, and really love that I don't have to deal with all the single light out comments anymore. :banghead:

And I'm super-jealous of your wheels, Baller, wish I could afford them or find a deal on some! mmmmm... Marchesinis.... drool!

#17 ·
Thanks Moeman, you rock! New username works great, happy surprise to find the new username this am LOL! BTW, got inspiration from your Miss O'Seven for much of the carbon fiber treatment, that was a sick bike all around, and definitely worthy BOTY. Thanks to all on the forum for the readily available info, install help, instructions etc.

Cheers!

Mike

Reactions: Moeman
#19 · (Edited)
Thanks, the Luimoto custom rear seat looks really clean, has similar lines to the OEM Solo cowl, and keeps the option for the occasional two-up. Has carbon fiber look, with silver & black trim on white which matches the stock silver wings, and the black shadow graphics I added. Passenger seat is the standard available called Tribal Blade, but full custom rider seat.

Closeup of std passenger seat w/ CF trim courtesy of Shadoh:

Patrick Luimoto was awesome to work with, and top quality as you may have heard. He turned the seatcovers in about a week even with the custom design I requested.

http://www.luimoto.com/?s=22

Custom seats really make the bike standout from the other whites out there, plus I used a thicker/denser foam for the passenger since the stock passenger is pitifully thin/uncomfortable. Also added about custom 3/8 foam to the rider seat shaped appropriately to fill the new seatcovers in. My butt is happy now. :cruising:

#20 ·
Mike
It's my pleasure mate and thank you so much for the Miss O'Seven props I am so honored to be an inspiration for others like others have inspired me before hand . I wish Honda would look at our RR builds for new ideas and inspirations I bet if they did they would sell more bikes for sure

#22 ·
nice build man i love this design for honda. this style 07+ so sexy .

#26 ·
Thanks Shadoh... your own sick build is definitely where I got much of the design cues from... Cheers! :thumbup:

#29 ·
very nice! Like what you did in a short period of time

#32 ·
MadDawgRR March build update

Alright, getting killed in this months BOTM anyhow, so a few subtle updates since last posted. Picked up the Rizoma Prototype mirrors & Galfer front rotors from Browning Buck recently (Thanks much!!!). Ordered matching Galfer wave/slotted rear rotor, & Galfer HH pads front/rear from Motomummy (Thx Corey!), as well as Spiegler SS lines in smoke w/ red banjos (looks great with the carbon fiber fender/hugger etc. as the SS weave shows through the smoke sleeves & ties in w/ red highlights), and a full flush w/ Motul RBF600. Installed these as well as did a full Amsoil MCF 10W-40 w/ Amsoil filter when I had my 15K service done. Valves adjustment was all in spec... no adjustment needed, gotta love well maintained Hondas! :thumbup:

Absolutely love the new Rizoma mirrors compared to the bulbous/ugly stockers, though the mirror itself is smaller/shaped more angular, the mirror arms/extenders are longer, so I actually have much better visibility behind me and not just my elbows. Plus the angular lines & amazing quality/workmanship & machined finish on the Rizomas is... well what you pay for Rizoma. Adds to the sharper lines of the bike IMHO... Sexy!

So the before/pre-winter pic w/ stock rotors & lines, bulbous stock mirrors:

And how she sits now:

The new brake setup is sweet as well, Galfer wave/slotted rotors look amazing/aggressive front & rear, & braking is much more solid, though this is more than likely a good brake bleed w/ RBF600 & the new Galfer HH pads. Haven't pushed it hard enough to discern the fade resistance yet. :banger:

Anyhow, really like how she's coming along for spring... Keep Calm & Ride On!

#33 ·
sweet bro... love the red accents and those mirrors are awesome... i got em last year and love em too... everything ties together on the bike very nicely... what's next? lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.