Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Redliner's Build " 2007 Pearl White RR "

16K views 115 replies 48 participants last post by  redlinernyc 
#1 ·
Surprise? Not really hehe. I bet a few members here called it when I got the GSXR 750. Picked this up late July as it replaced my 07 blue/silver 600rr.

It was a good bike, but I didn't really feel that extra umph regarding the power. I mean it was there on the extreme top end but even then it was marginal at best. Compared to my last 07 600rr, 6th gear highway pulls felt the same. Low rpm acceleration went similar too. I guess the major power difference comes with the liter bikes. I missed how much lighter the 07-08 600rr was and how I could man handle that bike because it was so flick-able. Long story short, I racked up 5k miles in the 2.5 months I had the GSXR 750 then saw that a local HONDA dealership had a white/silver 2007 600rr.

I knew my bike was worth more and that they would sell it for more so I got them to take my bike, trade me the 600rr plus give me cash on top. I had to fight for it because no dealership wants to shell out money, but I got an amount I was happy with.

The bike is damn near mint with 1700 miles. Only real mod is a Jardine slip-on. Unfortunately the original owner who had it before me was probably short, so the bike is lowered. I ordered a used OEM dog bone link on ebay so I'll be raising it back up. That's the only part I need right? I see a triangular piece attached to the aftermarket lowering link but it "seems" OEM.

What I did so far was paint subframe and passenger pegs flat black. Also painted the inside of the OEM windscreen flat black. My Zero Gravity windscreen is on it's way anyway. What I need, as the pictures will show, is flushmounts for the front (ordered Hotbodies) and a Tripage IT. HIDs are en route as well.

So what do you guys think?

See less See more
#7 ·
Good deal! I only wish I was the one to stumble across that.

Reactions: redlinernyc
#8 ·
did you have the pegs/subframe powdercoated/painted professionally?

#10 ·
Red its awesome to see you still RR kickin it bro so far you had the Black /Black went to the Blue /Silver & now the White / Silver you are RR lovin it indeed

#13 ·
I have a 750, and my buddy who sold me his CBR bought a '11 750 the next day after he rode mine. He said the same thing regarding power. I believe the difference is the fact that the 750's throttle has a longer throw, which is easily modded. No question the 600 is slower, it's no competition, but yeah it doesn't "feel" much slower until you really start pushing it, especially on the track. My 750 goes by 600's all day long on the straights and corner exits. I did go +1 on the rear of my 750 (also have full exhaust, ect) and just that one tooth really woke it up. No question of the power difference. Graph of a 600 vs 750:

But I do prefer the 600RR at the track because of the weight and flickability as you mentioned, and I do pass newbs on literbikes :banger:

#20 ·
Trust me, I know on paper the 750 makes more power. That's a no brainer. But in the 5k miles I racked on the 750, I wasn't really impressed. Maybe my expectations were high due to all the hype. 6th gear passes on the highway feel the same on both bikes AND the 750 was custom mapped. The 07-08 rr just has incredible mid range power...that's one thing that this bike was praised for along with how light it is.

A full system is in store for my bike along with a custom map. In short, I don't miss the 750 at all. I liked venturing out of my comfort zone since I only rode Honda bikes for the past 8 years. Change is good. But I'm glad to be back on a Honda :)

#17 ·
Just curious, which dealership did you go to?

You really need to go the 2+ bike route so you get to keep the 600rr and have something else on the side.

#18 ·
lol this is funny. You went from a red/black to a blue/silver, then bought the fairings for the blue silver converted it to a white/silver then got the gsxr, now back to a white/silver. Good buy man, bike looks great and its good to hear the dealer satisfied you as well with giving cash on top of a trade. Are you gonna keep it this time? haha

#22 ·
I've read a lot of comments on here that hot bodies products are cheap. I would recommend proton flush mounts which double as running lights

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Motorcycle.com Free App

#23 ·
Reading this makes me happy that I just went with my 4th RR recently. Was considering the 750s as well.

Love the White/Silver/Black '07s! Good to have you back.

#25 ·
Haha yea...lets see what's en route:

-oem length kickstand and oem dogbone to raise the bike back up
-ddm tuning low beam HID
-tripage IT
-TST fender eliminator
-JPR levers
-Hotbodies flushmount signals

This should all be here this week...can't wait. Thanks for the welcome back guys :)

This post has been deleted
#28 ·
Congrats and losing the squid bike,
I still want:

Pro bolt titanium screen screws
pro bolt titanium fairing screws
genuine honda rim tape
genuine honda sticker set
carbon fuel cover
carbon meter panel cover
carbon key bridge cover
carbon front mudguard
carbon rear mudguard
carbon fibre sprocket cover
ohlins rear shock
power bronze color matching seat
sato racing hooks
rizoma oil filler cap
pro bolt titanium chain adjusters
R&G titanium radiator cover
carbon chain guard
pro bolt titanium engine bolts
pro bolt titanium sprocket nuts
A little contradicting?:roll:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.