Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

2013 Repsol - Gio

69K views 426 replies 60 participants last post by  Soponcio Virtual 
#1 ·
Hi.
First of all thanks because all of you inspired me with my build. I start to share some photos on what I did/am doing; I will try to keep it updated because now I accumulated too much things to be shared...
Let’s start from the dealer:

In the garage

Labels on the tank … removed

Reservoir socks arrived and Swing arm spools (yes I am an LighTech addicted ;))

Repsol Honda wheel stickers just received and installed

Swingarm labels removed too and spools installed

To test the spools and the socks I had to do a ride and yes... my helmet should be pretty like the baby

Sunglasses belong to my second love (or should be the first?)

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Tankpad Honda set installed (to not cover the design I removed one of the tank pad piece)

Another live test

Ergal addicted shopping. As the kits are still not out I measures the size of all the screws, bolts and buy them alones (I will post all the codes of Honda original screws, bolts and the link with LighTech ones). These first ones are the windscreen ones.

New windscreen view

New brake pump reservoir covers

New wheel valve cup

New fuel caps bolts (this is the unique kit I bought)

New LighTech Devil series Handlebar balancers

#4 · (Edited)

Pipe protector

Upper cowl

Some pics of tools used:
Torque wrenches 0-20

Torque wrenches 20-110 with multi-drive sets

Normal&generic tools

So now is late... if you like the thread I will continue posting what I am working on: yoke and gauge CF covers (Original Honda parts) + Fork and Swingarm protector (already seen in the photo). I will also prepare the link between LighTech part numbers vs original Honda ones.

I hope that you will enjoy.

ciao

#5 · (Edited)
Here the list Honda Part Numbers vs LighTech codes. I made also a PDF with also the Honda diagram for each part, if you are interested just ask.

FRONT FENDER
Honda PN: 90118-MEL-000 / Qty = 6
LighTech: 002 – M6 – 20

MIDDLE COWL / LOWER COWL (LEFT)
Honda PN: 90106-KY2-701 / Qty = 3
LighTech: 1003

Honda PN: 90113-MCJ-000 / Qty = 2
LighTech: 002 – M5 – 15

Honda PN: 90120-MFJ-A40 / Qty = 1
LighTech: 002 – M5 – 25

MIDDLE COWL / LOWER COWL (RIGHT)
Honda PN: 90106-KY2-701 / Qty = 1
LighTech: 1003

Honda PN: 90118-MR1-000 / Qty = 1
LighTech: 002 – M6 – 15

Honda PN: 90113-MCJ-000 / Qty = 2

Honda PN: 90120-MFJ-A40 / Qty = 1
LighTech: 002 – M5 – 25

Upper COWL
Honda PN: 90113-MCJ-000 / Qty = 4

Honda PN: 90119-MFL-D20 / Qty = 2
LighTech: 003 – M5 – 15

Honda PN: 90119-MJC-A00 / Qty = 2
LighTech: 003 – M5 – 20

TOP SHELTER
Honda PN: 90106-MBY-000 / Qty = 2
LighTech: 1023

Honda PN: 90114-MFJ-D00 / Qty = 2
LighTech: 003 – M5 – 10
Note: Adjustments needed, see below.

MUFFLER
Honda PN: 90115-MFJ-D00 / Qty =
LighTech: 003 – M5 – 10
Note: Here Honda provides a special screw, but a normal one is fitting perfectly.

SWINGARM
Honda PN: 90113-MAS-E00 / Qty = 3
LighTech: 984

Manual adjustments are needed just on a set of screws, so here the procedure I made (with a Dremel could be more easy):

Out of the shelves

Cutting operation

Little adjustments

Use a nut to thread the screw

The end

#10 ·
Other goodies arrived today...

I will install the meter panel after the weekend, as instructions suggest to wait at least 48 hours before riding; the top cover maybe after I change the nut of the yoke (red Ergal of course :banger:).

Just to see how they will feat:

So the Honda PN: 08P54-MFJ-800 (Top Bridge Cover) and 08F86-MFJ-800 (meter panel) fit on 2013 version too.

#11 · (Edited)
Frame sliders

To protect the bike I bought a set of frame sliders, I choose the Evotech Street defender ones. Unfortunately when you have a new bike not all the histories have an happy ending... let's see.

The package is very well done

And they appear also very good and well done:

So following the instructions...

I removed the left fairing

and discovered that the ABS model has a collar different from the normal model.

• Normal: 50194-MFJ-D00 (Honda Part Number) - COLLAR A, ENGINE HANGER
  • ABS: 50194-MFJ-A50 (Honda Part Number) - COLLAR A, FR. ENGINE MOUNT

So after many bad words, i re-installed the fairing :banghead:

Of course it happened during the weekend, so on Monday I wrote to Evotech customer service and they react very quickly and after some checks (within the same day) they just confirmed what I was expecting, their kit is just for the no-ABS model. So they updated the website and procedure to refund me via dealer has been started. They should pay me an extra as beta-tester :crackup:

Now I think i will order the R&G ones that are compatible with ABS model (I checked with them exchanging some emails)

#14 ·
looks awesome man! I'm really loving the CF instrument panel cover. I've got the same bike as you, haven't made any changes to it yet though.
Thanks man! The two CF covers are expensive (I got them via eBay) but they are very nice! take your time for the changes :thumbup: This year we already spent money for the big purchase :cruising:

#17 ·
Nice Bike! I just picked one up as well but in red color. Any upcoming mods planned out? i'm interested in getting a lot of new parts for the 2013 model but they don't seem to have anything available yet?

anybody know a website where they sell double bubble windscreens for the 2013 model?

#18 ·
Nice Bike! I just picked one up as well but in red color. Any upcoming mods planned out? i'm interested in getting a lot of new parts for the 2013 model but they don't seem to have anything available yet?
Good choice! :thumbup:
Regarding the aftermarket parts, they are starting to come out... depends what you are searching for. many parts are also the same of previous model(s). Try to ask me and I will help saying what I found :shakehand

For the future mods: for sure the R&G sliders and rear seat cover (already ordered at local dealer) then other ergal goodies I think... I am trying also to find some Italian CF maker to change: heat shield, rear fender and chain guard; all at once so CF is the same.

anybody know a website where they sell double bubble windscreens for the 2013 model?
i just found two at the time being:
Fabbri: http://www.fabbriaccessori.com/prodotto.asp?versione=2&marca=2&modello=606&l=en
Biondi: http://www.biondiaccessori.eu/biondi/dettaglio.asp?ID=2597

I was waiting some real pics before thinking on buying one of the two.

#21 ·
LighTech Wheel Axle Protection

Finally I installed the axle protections that you saw some threads above...
I made a specific thread in the DIY section as I took photos step-by-step: http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?p=5150233#post5150233

I post here just the photo where the kit is installed for the ones not interested in the DIY section.

Rear left

Rear right

Front right

Front left

Also in this case I found a problem on some Part Numbers, but I think it is related to ABS/not-ABS versions since the previous CBR model (so not a specific 2013 difference). As soon as I will get official answer from LighTech I will update you.
For the curious it is related FRONT AXLE WHEEL part numbers:
  • ABS: 44301-MFJ-A50
  • not-ABS: 44301-MFJ-D00

It seems they have different "endings"; the not-ABS models have a circle-ending, if anyone of you has one and would like to check we can get the confirmation :shakehand

#24 ·
GiPro DS

Forgot to mention that in my previous CBR, I hade a GIPRO (code: GPDS-H01-RD / user guide: http://www.healtech-electronics.com/docs/GPDS-H01_Manual_en.pdf), I asked to the dealer to install on my new one.

I asked to install in a generic position so...

As soon as the Puig windscreen will arrive (Italian importer said that will be the end of the month) I will refit the GIpro; the ideas, depending on the new view of the windscreen vs the meter:
  • where it is
  • on the meter panel near the clock
  • on the meter panel above the tachometer
  • with a special bracket connected to the upper cowl.

Let's see...

#53 ·
Great job on the bike so far, following with interest. If I had to buy the 13 model, it would definitely be the Respol.

Forgot to mention that in my previous CBR, I hade a GIPRO (code: GPDS-H01-RD / user guide: http://www.healtech-electronics.com/docs/GPDS-H01_Manual_en.pdf), I asked to the dealer to install on my new one.

I asked to install in a generic position so...

As soon as the Puig windscreen will arrive (Italian importer said that will be the end of the month) I will refit the GIpro; the ideas, depending on the new view of the windscreen vs the meter:
  • where it is
  • on the meter panel near the clock
  • on the meter panel above the tachometer
  • with a special bracket connected to the upper cowl.
Let's see...
Here is mine, might give you an idea on how to mount yours.

Thanks! You are right but we are not so different :cool:
Exhaust, levers and rear sets are in my list but just waiting more options as the model is too new, many aftermarket firm are releasing just now the goodies :thumbup:

For other structural mods I will wait the end of warranty period even if, for example, I will not put a PC as I use it in the streets so not really needed I think. Then of course money is the main problem, having bought it this year, they are pretty finished :cruising:
Very wise:thumbup:

#25 ·
Coming along nicely. I like the choice of R&G parts. I can't wait to start my build thread.

#28 ·
Thanks, just waiting September for the sliders... and I am pretty sure that I will order the no-drill from R&G; seems they are the unique in production for ABS model. Shogun announced them too... let's see what will happen as many new goodies I think will come out for the new model :banger:

Man...do you know how many trackdays you've spent on this thing!?
Kidding, bike looks great man.

Very nice bike..where are you in Italy ?
Thanks, I am near Turin.

#30 ·
Passenger seat cowl

Some days ago the dealer called me advising that my box arrived...

Original passenger seat cowl, part number = 08F72-MJC-A00ZB (YR250)
Box opened on the sofa

Following the instructions I installed the rubber pads and the protective tape

Final result:

More photos will follow if it stops to rain!

#32 ·
Congrats on the new bike and the fun you're having modding it up.... but i'm a very different guy i guess.
My mod list when i bought a new bike went:
exhaust, integrated tripage style tailight, HIDs, power commander, air filter, tune, 520 conversion kit, gauge cluster LED swap mod, levers, rear sets, etc etc....

Not fairing bolts and oil filler caps....

but have fun with the... build!

#33 ·
Thanks! You are right but we are not so different :cool:
Exhaust, levers and rear sets are in my list but just waiting more options as the model is too new, many aftermarket firm are releasing just now the goodies :thumbup:

For other structural mods I will wait the end of warranty period even if, for example, I will not put a PC as I use it in the streets so not really needed I think. Then of course money is the main problem, having bought it this year, they are pretty finished :cruising:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.