Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

The Volta's Build

12K views 84 replies 26 participants last post by  Noobstar 
#1 ·
Greetings,

Going to be keeping this page up to date with some pictures and modifications done to my CBR.

Got the bike fairly cheap considering all the plastics were in poor shape but mechanically the bike is pretty strong. A pretty big difference from stepping up from my 2005 Ninja250, but I am loving it so far.

My Ninja at the track.

CBR Right after I got it

Got some "new" fairings to replace the messed up

Replacing with them my friend.

I also put on some woodcraft sliders for my stand and have a few more parts to finish fixing up the bike.

See less See more
#2 ·
did you spray the mids black or are they vinyl wrapped?

#8 ·
So, got some parts in but nothing really major. Just trying to get all the missing parts together so the bike is a bit more solid.

Stomgrips on.

Renthals soft on, such a huge difference between the stock grips. I love em!

Did a coolant flush.

Took the bike out this weekend on a nice trip with some friends.

#14 ·
Man, seeing that 250 at the track really makes me want to take the GROM when it comes in. Looks like it would be tons of fun flicking it around the corners. Going to pull double duty street and track or make it full track?

#20 ·
Welp, I have some updates going on.

The bike before I started parting everything out.

Bike Sitting in the new place, with the track fairings on.

Some parts to add.

Woodcraft frame sliders.

New set of leathers that fit a bit better.

Will post some better pictures of the parts installed this weekend hopefully, will be hitting the track next month so getting pretty excited.

#36 ·
Im losing BOTM anyways, so here was my weekend.

Not bad for my first race/track day if I do say so myself.

So everything was going great the whole weekend, sat was getting a feel for the bike and the track. First two practice sessions before my first race I was feeling awesome, super confident.

I was in the beginner race with 12 other various bikes, and got off to a pretty great start. Launched the bike and beat a few of them to the first corner and took the inside. After two laps this S1000 took me on the straight and I tried to catch up with him through braking a little bit later but didn't pass him. In 5th I followed him through the rest of the lap trying to make up a bit of time through every corner and hopefully get my chance to out brake him after the straight. Going through the esses I was leaned over pretty far and then the front end gave out without any notice. I slid off the bike around 45mph into the dirt.

me guess on what happened was that the tire got over loaded and was heat cycled too many times, it became greasy and lost grip. Everyone I was chasing after was on dot race tires, when I had some older street tires. My mistake for running the pressure in the front a bit lower than I should.

Cant wait to get back out there with some tire warmers and better tires. Big shout out to woodcraft for saving most of the bike with the frame slider and rear spool. I had a blast this weekend even with the crash and im more hungry than ever to do more track days.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.