Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

SpdyG_AK's 07 white/silver build

4K views 33 replies 7 participants last post by  SpdyG_AK 
#1 ·
It’s time for the new build thread!!

While I was recovering from the wreck (Thread) I decided not to wait to look for a new bike. I found a very clean looking 07 600RR with almost 11,000 miles. I would have much rather drove it home but as I was still recovering (it was less than 2 months)she had to come home from Huntsville AL on the trailer.

Picked me up a new AFX helmet and changed the inner shield from smoke to silver and added a few decals

See less See more
#2 ·
The bike had many mods on it already:

Vortex rearsets
Vortex levers
Vortex clip ons (without risers which will be relevant later)
KR Tuned CF exhaust
Fender eliminator with LED tailight/brake light and turn signals
Flush mount front turn signals
SS front brake lines
Puig double bubble windscreen
Gear indicator
T-Rex frame sliders- no cut (will be changed)
T-Rex swingarm spools
T-Rex front and rear stands
Tech Spec tank pads
Honda rear seat cowl
Battery tender
Two scorpion helmets (both M, sold one immediately)
Joe Rocket Honda jacket
Joe Rocket gloves
Joe Rocket boots
I even found a kick stand pad (for dirt or soft surfaces) in the tail

Soooo, with all that “what more could I do to this bike” you say??

Decals!!

Needed a tank pad, lots of searching for just the right one

#3 ·
Got a few new goodies in...

Speedy Gonzales will go on the swingarm or the rear hugger. Core Moto brake lines, CF plate cover w/LEDs, solder heatshrink connectors for when I install my Spy5000 autostart alarm (yes it survived the wreck) and the bluetooth speaker set up is actually for a friend
The brake lines are smoked (CF look) front and white rear with reverse colored banjos- white/black

#4 ·
got the good news that the doc cleared me to ride as my wrist could handle it so I was officially back to it although I had put 200 “unapproved” miles on over the last week. I have my crampbuster on so I don’t have to grip the throttle too tight.

Now, the deal with the clip ons. Without risers the Vortex clip ons hit the front fairing stay so the PO cut it for clearance. Yes I said CUT IT

I can get a new fairing stay for $70 and I picked up some used OEM clip ons to return it to stock height.

And installed the D3 white grips with black collars

#6 ·
I got me some gator seat (since I'm in tha south) - haha

Time to get after a few more decals!

I got the reflective black and white ring stickers to see which I liked best. So I added the white and a .net sticker

#17 ·
I'm going to keep an eye on your thread. Kinda of strange.. Your bought this bike (same bike as me and I'm building mine too) all b/c of an accident...

Check out my build thread. I too have infor from my accident there as well...

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=434930

Good luck.. I'm going to read your accident thread then start on your build thread!

#21 ·
It's an AFX. I got a crazy deal and got the mirrored shield. Love it! Good search AFX FX-100 helmet Multi Pearl White

I went to the local cycle shop and tried them on. Good thing because they run small. Mine is an XL and is slightly tight. My old Icon was a M and fit well. The Scorpion M I got with the bike was too small. I know they all fit a little different depending on your melon and how broken in the pads are.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

#27 ·
We need to find a slightly middle place. I'm willing to ride anywhere really. I just need enough notice. I'm roughly 10 hours from the Dragon but I don't know how far everyone else is willing to travel.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.