Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Project Dapper. BOTM project 2.0

5K views 36 replies 16 participants last post by  D1stylz 
#1 · (Edited)
So I got bored and decided to do a face lift and try for the upcoming BOTM again. As most dont know (haha) this is what my bike before and went for BOTM.

So ive been tinkering around with a lot of new designs, concepts and colors. Red will always be a part of my bike. So with much brain storming I opped to get new parts and and paint scheme. and came up with a new face lift with some new goodies. This whole project has been nothing but a waiting game and a lot of time of special ordering.... there was a lot of down time in between here and there. But it was well worth it.

Thus: PROJECT Dapper.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
So while I had the bike naked I went a head and replaced my spark plugs

Old vs new. Bike only has 19K but I figure it was a good time to do so.

and also replace my fork seals as they were leaking.

and also replaced all the fulids in the bike as well

So i picked up a few goodies, some new levers RC2's

some new Clips ons

#3 ·
After a lot of searching and help from Moeman, and (Two months later) i had a company called street-fighter in italy make me a custom set of twill CF frame covers and swing arms covers

It was a nice LONG waiting game for these. The company had a hicup which is why it took a while for my pieces to come in. Tom the owner of the shop didnt like how the resin turned out and e-mailed me right away. Thier communication was on point he kept me updated and answered any queations in a timely manner. He didnt want anything less than perfect coming out of his shop so I was real happy with the outcome of the CF covers even though the wait was just over 2 months.

#5 ·
Yup thats what im going to do. I just wanted to start my thread and get some anticipation goin and hit em' with the final bike shots in the BOTM thread. there wasnt any way i was gonna show the complete project until BOTM. Just a small tease :thumbup::thumbup:

#11 · (Edited)
Traveling back into time......I went to the drawing board and wanted to create a custom look, but at the same time something that no one has out there, but still flowed with the lines of the RR. so i started to draw on paper. took me about 5 hrs to figure out how i wanted it and when it came down to taping it off i wasnt happy still. i tweaked it a bit here and there

I went with a Custom made Grey color and a Custom Red color scheme.

#13 · (Edited)
I called it quits for a bit, taping off lines and what not makes me go cross eye'd and im ****** enough as it is.

But on a good note i went and picked up some goodies

And straight to the Powder coater's they went.

#16 ·
As most if you know when yo spray red, you gotta spray a white base coat to make it really pop! Called it a day when the last coat of red was put on.

straight to my buddies pad to get my tires mounted and bal. and i must say! they're looking great!!!

#18 ·
so in the process of doing a dual colors you'll get a lip in between the two colors when you spray the clear. its something that has always bugged me so I made sure to sand down the clear an bury it again with another round of clear.

Heres a shot and sneak peak of the first round of clear before I sanded to bury it

#19 ·
and here are a few pieces and again a sneak peak that i started sanding and prepping to go round 2 to bury the clear. and make everything SMOOTH as glass

And back into the booth, everything for round 2 of some FINE European Glamor clear.

SMOOTH AS GLASS when it dries

#21 ·
I'll keep it here for know untill BOTM happens. so that way you guys can see the final product thats taken me 2 and some months to bulid. 22hrs into the paint alone, custom made CF frame and swing arm covers and all..... FUN stuff.....

Stay tuned.. BOTM will happen shortly.

#25 ·
It is looking great! Can't wait to see the final product... I am in aww as my painting skills will never compare!! Wow!! Impressive to say the least.. Are we there yet!!! Lol!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
the bike is finished (it has been) i left this thread "unfinished" as the bike will be posted in and running for Bike of the month. stay tuned, should be posted soon! :thumbup:

#27 ·
BOOM BOTM is up.. if you would like to check out the finished product its posted! we got a fine line up of bikes this month! hope you guys enjoy. as soon as BOTM is over i'll get into details of my build.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.