Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

2010 600RR from road to track bike.

7K views 54 replies 16 participants last post by  Kevster84 
#1 ·
Well after a year of doing trackdays on my cheap aprilia rsv mille ive decided that the honda is going to the darkside as i think it would be an awesome track weapon.
Will be a winter project for me ready for next year, ive had the bike nearly 2 years now and done over 10k miles (20k on the clocks) ive yet to ride another sportbike that handles as well as the 600RR and ive rode a lot of bikes.
spec wise wont be a mega bucks build but will evolve as i get quicker, currently running among the top guys in notice, so will be stepping upto inters next year.
so suspension wise i think im just going to stiffen up for track with new fuid in the forks.
Brakes ive been buying stuff already.
accossato master cylinder,
hel brake lines,
hrc rear res delete
new high temp fluid,
sbs dual carbon pads.

next will be rearsets and track fairings along with tyres etc.

some pics,

0:)

and one of me on the aprilia.

See less See more
#2 ·
You'll love the CBR out there. Get some tires you want to stick with [get it?!?! lol] and then take the time to really tune the suspension for your riding style, it helps bunches. 4yrs later my 600RR trackbike is still all stock besides the fairings, it still runs A group paces which are novice racer times.

#3 ·
I've loved the metzeller m7rrtyres on the road so I'm pretty sure I'm going to go for the new racetecRR for track.
I don't think standard suspension would be too far off with me as I'm a light guy so just a refresh might be enough.
I noticed on my road settings I overheated the rear tyre when I had it on track start of this year so I need to see my suspension guy again.

#4 ·
Stock suspension will be good for awhile. maybe a bit down the line invest in at least a rear shock, maybe at least springs from the fronts. Learning the bike stock will be good, but suspension makes a huge difference in handling.

Get track tires! It's an awesome upgrade, much needed if you spend full days out there

#6 ·
Ran into some issues fitting the master cylinder. Firstly the reservoir mounts onto the standard m/c so I've ordered a ladybird mount locally to fix this. Then the diameter of the reservoir pipe is too large to seal onto the accossato so I've ordered some pipe from brembo to solve this. Nothing seems to be straight forward with these bikes in my experience.

#10 ·
just placed my order for race fairings with a uk company index page. not a bad price and a lot of racers use them over here.
I have actually got an idea for them which i havent seen on this forum yet so watch this space ; ).

I also recieved some bits in the post so i can finish off installing my master cylinder.

#11 ·
In my opinion, the two most important things you need for the CBR (once you are at race pace) is an aftermarket master cylinder, and a slipper clutch. Everything else is pretty much on par with all the other bikes. Of course suspension will need upgrading too.

Excited to see where this goes :)

#15 ·
finished fitting some parts today.

for anyone else changing their master cylinder you will need a new reservoir bracket and a length of brembo tubing as standard honda wont fit. the ladybird bracket is quite clever. its strong but can bend and twist it to any position.

#16 ·
I like that you are not going balls to the wall on this. I am in the same boat (probably not nearly as fast as you). My 07 is just going to be a track bike from now on. I have just done a few things(CoreMoto lines, RBF 600 fluid change, TeckSpec tank Grips, GB Racing engine covers, and Woodcraft Frame Sliders) Pretty much want to actually get good enough to NEED to upgrade the bike. Seems like you are doing the same thing.

#17 ·
haha yeah im trying to do that but but its hard not to get carried away when looking at all the shiny parts. Its going to be a long winter so im spacing out my purchases.
ive had this bike on track a few times in the past so have an idea what could be improved.

#22 ·
well following dkids pm i now have some k tech front fork springs on the way and a k tech rear shock spring. also ordered a foam race seat pad, went for the 10mm one.
starting to come together now and im geing excited about riding it next year and seeing what it ends up like.

#26 ·
Too be honest, having ridden with both the stock cbr600rr throttle and the stock r6 throttle, it's not much of an upgrade. I would definitely get an aftermarket quick turn throttle. That way you can start slow, and keep making the reel larger.

On the track with an inline four the throttle is either wide open or closed, so the less travel the better if you ask me.

#29 ·
made some progress today. stripped the bodywork off and fitted and drilled holes on race fairings. pretty happy with the fit. fitted race petrol cap as well. then had to figure out how to get the key out of old cap .lol
also recieved my new fork and shock springs fromm dkid.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.