Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Seksas Track build

15K views 109 replies 24 participants last post by  cbr6racr 
#1 ·
So its been a little over due but better late than never. lol for those who followed my Frankenstein build this is gonna be a lil different nothing flashy just strictly performance for the most part, you'll see some of the parts going over to the track bike. Brought her home from florida, 06 only 7k miles clean title mostly stock just a slip on and Sharkskinz bodywork.. heres the way she looked the day i got her.

See less See more
#2 ·
before going into the whole build managed to get a couple of track days in.

#3 ·
ok time to get her naked..

first thing first spent a lot of money on the 2013 wheels for the previews build so they're going over, however not as easy as i thought rear wheel went right on as for the front no go so had to change the whole front (forks, triple trees and all the goodies)

Woodcraft hooked me up with the keyless ignition so I'm getting rid of the ignition and already installed a keyless gas cap.

#4 ·
removed the extra plastic trim from the battery tray to make the tail go on easier and make it neater, gna install the pcv in the space thats left.

OEM headers are off going with a full Yoshi system.

heres a lil preview of whats waiting

#6 ·
to be honest i got most of them a few months back just didnt have time to get to them lol got a couple more pieces coming in before Christmas tho :grin2:

#7 · (Edited)
got some free time this weekend to do the smog/pair delete and have to say 06 is a little easier to work on than the 07+ when it comes to removing the air box.

this is basically all you need (besides the tolls) and everything that comes out.

#8 ·
was going to change the chain too but gf came to the shop and well working on the bike pretty much ended, never invite you gf to your work area if you wanna get stuff done lmao jk...

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
slow day at work so went to the shop and got the Translogic quickshifter and the PCV installed, just need to secure it and waiting for the the new rod to come in.

green and red wires you see on the air box are just an extension of the keyless ignition to keep it somewhat neater.

slowly but its getting there... idk why translogic made the wires shorter that it cant reach the battery box, unless you start from the 4th coil-1st connector 3rd coil-2nd connector and so on..

#11 ·
another day another part.. had a discovery in the drivetrain that didnt know i had. everywhere i looked it said that oem front was 16t. not mine lol unless it was changed by previous owner. its had 15t 525 rear was 43t so idk if he just went -1 in the front. chain was 112 links at first i tried to grind off the rivets but the links would slide off so i ended up just cutting the chain..

sry about the dirty wheel.. lol and i do run the 190/55 rear for the track. On the street i did run 180 on my 09 cbr600rr, but when i got to the track i did wanna try the 190 for my self. Seems to be a touchy subject for some ppl about going 190 but i didnt wanna try it myself and so far im loving it, a lil harder to get rid of the chicken strips but do-able

#12 ·
so i do have to say wow and make a shout out to MOTORCYCLE SUPERSTORE.. placed an order for a rod for the quickshifter yesterday and right now while working on the bike the UPS guy brought me a present. Thank You guys.. free overnight shipping!!

#13 ·
finally got to throwing on the chain, i went with 12 links at first tried 14 but the wheel was almost all the way at the end of the adjustments, don't plan on going with higher gearing so i should be good. Also got super annoyed with the spacers falling out while installing the wheel so i went ahead and orders the captive spacers from motomummy. while cruising online i ran into the factory pro shifter kit and heard nothing but positive reviews from ppl so i threw that in the cart as well, figured ill have to change the slipper clutch so might as well knock out two birds at once...

to shorten the chain and to rivet i used the RK breaker/rivet tool and it was a breeze clear directions and easy to use.

#17 ·
following this build project

#19 · (Edited)
one of the more important tools to have. Found it for $11 couldn't pass on it. wouldn't mind having a service manual either but this will do for now.

#20 ·
more work came in, probably the part that i dont wanna change the most lol along with the clutch.

#24 ·
From everything that i researched everything was different the diameter the lenght, the width of the forks, they completely changed the 07 model. I mean im sure if you made custom spacers and tried different bearings u can fit it. I just didnt have the resorces for it. Plus i have 30mm ohlins forks that i had on the Frankenstein build that i might throw on it. So all i had to buy was the tripples. And im gonna get my money back when i sell the whole 06 front. Forks,triples, and wheel.

Reactions: tornado bait
#26 ·
had to say goodbye to my goodies for some time..

lil rant.. so i was raised to always buy top product not to be cheap cuz you'll end up paying more later.. well a few years back i bought 30mm ohlins forks for a 1200-1500 can't remember thought it was a great deal.. last week i ended up buying a 1000rr rear ohlins shock pretty cheap got it for 400 seller said it was great condition won't need servicing for a long time and it was my weight... yesterday while sitting in the office i found out that the legendary SB Suspension is located less than 5 mins from where i work so i got into contact with him and today whoalllla after work i ended up there :D heres my kick in the ass.. within 5 mins of talking to Ken which by the way is an awesome guy with ton of knowledge been working with/for ohlins for years tells me that its a 25mm forks not 30mm then looks at the shock and goes well that thing is basically done hahaha. so in the end my estimate to renew the parts as of now stands at around 700.. :( looking at the positive i know they're in great hands and he's gna make them look new and they will be built exactly for me and my bike. hopefully the estimate won't go up and everything will be good but in the end don't be me just buy it new from a vender who knows what they are selling..

Wibbly you were right about the money part.. :(

#30 ·
$700 just to get it fixed or $700 all together shock + service? Well, unless you're doing the dialing yourself than you'll also be paying someone to dial it in for you. See should've gotten mine :wink2:

About your rear 190, it'll work best with a 6.0 instead of 5.5. Ohhh you also don't have to swap the whole front end to be able to use the 12+ wheels. You still can use the 05 forks... I put my money on it ;)

#28 ·
Yea the only way i can so far justify it to make my self feel better is by saying i would of had to set up the susspension for the other bike too. Lol

#29 ·
Ken is the man around the Great Lakes area when it comes to suspension. Good guy to deal with. Seen him at plenty of track days working until 2am, 3am and later getting customer's bikes done for the following morning, only to be up and back at it at 630am.

#32 ·
yea he schooled me real quick about everything i thought i knew about suspension lol but i heard nothing but good things about him. what was weird this track bike im working on came from fl and had his stickers on the oem suspension so i showed him some pics hes like yup def my work from like 7 years back (just by looking at his stickers) lol im just a lil worried that he doesnt find any more problems once he goes inside the shocks

#34 ·
got the full system on, took a few mins wrestling with the thing but its on.

#38 ·
Looking great Seksas!

I still have an '06 and it's STILL an awesome bike

#39 · (Edited)
A couple of new toys for the garage came in.

#42 ·
And this is how it should be done! All at once over the winter! I love this thread!
thank you guys.

yea ive been buying parts since i got the bike and just storing them till now.. didnt wanna miss any track days lol now here in Chicago i have till pretty much may to get it done. :drunk:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.