Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Sebastian's 2009 CBR600RR

5K views 29 replies 7 participants last post by  Noobstar 
#1 · (Edited)
Sebastian's 2008 CBR600RR

So here we go.
Bought a mint condition -08 600RR (first register 2009) in black a little over a week ago. The plan is to make it a bit more personal but still clean and tasteful. It will not be tracked but used as my weekend warrior/cruiser. I'm 188cm / 80kg so I thought a 600 would do just fine for this use.

At the time it had 13 880km on the meter, now ~14 010, and looks close to new except for a few scratches on the left lower fairing and upgraded indicators and tail tidy.

So far I have ordered/bought:

• Smoked Double Bubble screen (ebay)

• Red MZS shorty levers

• new grips (alu/rubber from ebay)

• CNC bar ends (ebay)
  • DIY radiator guard

Yes, I like ebay.
Hopefully the screen wont be too bad, the others have gotten pretty good reviews online so fingers crossed! Waiting on parts to arrive and for time to install.

In the future I'm going to add:
  • TST IT
  • Slip on, thinking about Leo Vince EVO II
  • Paint subframe black
  • Seat cowl
  • HEL brakelines
  • Speedohealer
etc

Coming up are basic maintenance procedures, oil change, setting up the suspension to my preference, polish and wax...

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Alright, time to make an long overdue update.

Handfull of stuff has happened during last summer/winter and it's currently in hibernation.

Got the smoked eb@y DoubleBubble installed, MZS black with red adjuster levers on, frame protection "pugs", swingarm spools, new LED indicators front and back, LED flash relay, seat cowl, carbon tank pad, "HRC" rim tape, tank grip, Progrip GP 717 RA handlebar grips, weighted barends.... and a good detail.

Today I installed gold & carbon HEL brakelines front and back with new Motul 600 brake fluid, love the look of the lines!

Exhaust ordered, had a tough decision between Leo Vince EVO II and GPR Deeptone.... went with the GPR since it's more rare and has a more race look too it.

Still to do before the upcoming riding season includes TST IT in black and relocate the plate.

#4 ·
Exhaust arrived!

Ordered from Italy, took a little over a week to arrive (could have been here in 4 days) due to DHL's usual "confusion". But it's here and looks good!

Got the GPR Deeptone Inox with EU approved sertifications, which includes two different noise reductors. One on the tip and one at the back of the muffler. Will install asap and have a video of before/after and 1-2-none noise reducers.

#5 · (Edited)

got the exhaust on!

Was about to do a sound comparison on camera but the battery on my bike has gone bad, wouldn't start.. :(

Fit on the slipon seems pretty decent, nothing big arose during assembly. A couple bolts needed to be changed to longer and the pipe is awfully close to the foot heat shield... time will tell if it will handle the heat.

#9 ·
spent this day dialing in the exhaust and preventing plastics melting by taping the plastics with 250C heat tape.

tried doing my own plate holder but failed misserably.. so installed a ebay CNC tank cap instead, has a Driven feel too it. Really nice quality and fit. Will paint the bold heads black

also fitted the exhaust with the inner noise reductor, seems like it will do for now. not too loud but not quiet either.

tested the old battery with a multimeter, showed 12,45V turned off and 14,60V on idle so... think I'll run with this until it fails. Have a new Exide on standby :)

#10 · (Edited)
Second attempt at making my own plate bracket... plates here in Finland are HUUUGE!

Made a v.1 of it today because I ran out of time, will continue another day getting everyting more snug and the bracket smaller. Then paint everything black.

Since the plate is so big and made out of soft aluminium they tend to break if you only use the upper two bolts, as the current one has at some point done. Since I'm OCD I'll get a new one when this is done. This is why the bracket has to reach the lower ones too. Which makes it hard to be "pretty"... but I will work on aesthetics of it when I have the mock-up ready

Used a exhaust clamp, 8mm fuel tubing, 2mm metal plate.

Bent the plate to a ~100 degree angle (so it wont hit the tire under compression)

made a small hole in the middle of the bracket where I'll install a small LED plate light (mandatory)

#12 · (Edited)
New stuff has arrived.

My smoked IT from TST arrived alot faster than I thought it would, and it looks great!
Got it with 3-link lowering kit, might use these to attach rear signals to the heathshields rear points to get better visibility than what the TST can provide. And because our laws state that the signals have to be a minimum of 15cm apart.

also got a sheet of 5D carbon vinyl in 150x50cm for less than 5€, will try to wrap the foot shield, rear hugger and front fender with it and see how it looks. Has to look legit or its coming off. Bet it wont.

#17 · (Edited)
Took an saw to my bike today... was bit scary but went pretty painlessly thanks to TST's template :thumbup:

My bikes battery died again so didnt get any videomaterials of the programmable features with blinking brake light and "Audi" indicators

Installed my previous rear signals with the help of TST's provided lowering links to the subframe, looks pretty sleek imo

And in the front I installed smoked flush eb@y signals

Can't wait for spring! Snowy and cold outside right now, think it will be a couple months before I dare to take it for a ride.

Oh, and I also noticed i have a 41T rear sprocket which was a bit odd since I thought the stock was 42... I see a 15/44T in her future. ;)

#24 · (Edited)
Did the quick throttle PVC mod today.

Used a 32mm ID PVC fitting to go from 33.5mm 1/4 throttle to about 38mm throttle. Comparing to Yamahas R1 (1/5) 36.5mm and R6 (1/6) 40.5mm pulleys that people use this is in between the two, resulting in a "1/5½" throttle. Glued the PVC on with epoxy glue.

before trimming the edges.

https://sfurstenborg.1g.fi/kuvat/CBR/Video+(1).MOV

Had to shape the edges inwards a bit so it doesn't rub in the housing, \_/ like this. (lower profile)

Had just enough slack in the cables when all loosened in the top end to get it to fit, might even get the R6 on there just have to shave the metal tabs in the housing.

Still need to grease the wheel but for now it seems to work perfectly and made the throttle so much better. No need to reposition my hand to get WOT.

Might get the R6 tube one day but 33.50€ vs 1.80€.... not an bad test to DIY first.

#27 ·
Spring is here and I might even take it out tomorrow if the weather is good. Been keeping it at my parents 30min away since I don't have indoor parking.

Changed out the air filter since the previous owner hadn't marked it in the service book, and it seems like it's never been changed... found an OEM filter inside that was rather dirty and could well be from factory. Installed a Hiflo filter (pretty much same as stock) and managed to do it without removing the side fairings :grin2: all it took was a little push and pull on the fairings upper edge to release the tabs, then just undo the side bolts of the tank cover.

Done in 20min.

Will soon be ordering new DID gold chain and sprockets, don't really know what gearing tho...

#28 ·
Nice! I should probably change my filter too...Who knows how long that filter has been in there for.

Lots of choices for gearing but I am not going to mess with the gearing as my OCD will kick in on the mileage/speedo being off and I will have to spend more money getting that speedo healer. Stock gearing is fast enough for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.