Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Trying to decide on a slip-on

7K views 90 replies 42 participants last post by  tary preisser 
#1 ·
I am trading in my 08 1000rr for a 2013 600rr. I am contemplating slip-ons. I'm thinking between the yosh & jardine. I don't want anything too obnoxious. Any comments & suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanx.

#77 ·
I started out going between yosh & Jardine but now I'm also adding the akra possibility into the mix. Marquez & company run it on the moto 2 effort. Probably good enough for my 600cc motor as well haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#79 ·
Never seen one on a cbr 600 but the arrow kit on the 1kr is pretty sweet. It is GP style with one can under the seat & another can out the right side. The arrow sounds really mean on the triumphs.

#82 ·
I thought it looked cool as it was being installed on a Repsol 1kr when I was at the dealer one time. I don't think it's something I would install but it looked so different from any other system & just seamed fitting for the repsol model. I haven't seen another system like that since.

#83 ·
Different is good. The gp bikes are set up that way and I'm pretty sure the system they were installing at the dealer that day you were there is the replica system of what they use on gp bikes. Feel like it'd be extra weight on a 1k though since that extra steel wasn't there before. Then again, that extra weight is not going to make a difference unless you're competing at the highest level lol

Sent from my Desire HD using Motorcycle.com Free App

#84 ·
Ya it's definitely a GP replica system & looked good on the repsol. Idk about the weight tho. Think it might be an even swap with the original system. If you've seen the system the exhaust tubing is really small as are the cans.

#85 ·
Exhausts

Most of the race teams in Moto2 and World Supersport are running Akrapovic, Leo Vince or Arrow systems. Depending on whether the exhaust routing etc has changed you maybe waiting until at least the first part of the new year to see what the manufacturers produce for the 2013 CBR600RR.

#86 ·
Most of the race teams in Moto2 and World Supersport are running Akrapovic, Leo Vince or Arrow systems. Depending on whether the exhaust routing etc has changed you maybe waiting until at least the first part of the new year to see what the manufacturers produce for the 2013 CBR600RR.
From what I'm being told the 13 won't be in until end of February beginning of March. From what I've seen the exhaust isn't radically different from past cbrs so I'm thinking sometime in late spring we may see exhaust popping up for it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.