Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Trying to decide on a slip-on

7K views 90 replies 42 participants last post by  tary preisser 
#1 ·
I am trading in my 08 1000rr for a 2013 600rr. I am contemplating slip-ons. I'm thinking between the yosh & jardine. I don't want anything too obnoxious. Any comments & suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanx.

#35 ·
Possible but pretty doubtful most are going to admit their buddy's exhaust is better than theirs after dropping $500 to $1300. Just human nature to have pride in what you own so obviously even tho another slip might be just as good you'll give for slip a leading edge especially if someone comes to you to ask which is better yours or his..

You say nay your a dam liar haha I do the same my self sometimes. And I have enough pride to say I have pride to lie in my personal positions..

Prefect example someone talks bad in your gf.. Your going to talk bad on their or see tours better than all others.. Even tho it might be true but she's yours and you take pride in her either way because she's yours.

#39 ·
LMAO! dude Im picky as hell..

And im still trying to gather 3 hell even 2 with either a leo, 2 bros black or a yosh to get a listen..

And so far I only have one confirm everyone else went MIA. I literally almost pulled the trigger on 2 bro last night from bio had it in cart and all my info in already..

I just cant see spending $600 on a slip when I might hate it as much as my stock tip accept I can hate my stock for free.

At least I know which 3 im looking at.. Than still shopping.

#41 ·
I want to thank everyone for their input. I know an exhaust system is a very personal decision. I'm glad i didn't start any wars over the subject. I am also glad i joined the net. Seems like a great community & a lot of great people. I just put down a deposit to secure my 2013 Repsol. It doesn't come in till end of february beginning of march. so i have some time to digest all of your great feedback. Thanks again all.

#43 ·
Just get whatever you like. Spending the money will force you to justify it later anyway. :) Seriously, from what I've seen, almost everybody says they love their exhaust, but who wouldn't after plonking down the cash for it?

I had a Mugen slip on my last RR. It looked very nice, was lighter and sounded awesome, but my current bike is stock and I'm equally happy. It attracts less attention, which I like. I think it actually looks a lot better than some of the aftermarket cans, too. If somebody gave me slip-on for free, I'd be happy with whatever it was except for a couple of designs that should never have left the drawing room. I've found aftermarket rearsets, levers and other bits and pieces are much more practical, make me more comfortable and help me ride better. Given unlimited money, I'd throw on a full system to lighten the bike up even more, but since I'm not loaded, I can think of about a bazillion better ways to spend my cash.

Just get whatever you like the look and sound of because a slip-on won't make much diff otherwise.

#81 ·
I had a Mugen slip on my last RR. It looked very nice, was lighter and sounded awesome, but my current bike is stock and I'm equally happy. It attracts less attention, which I like. I think it actually looks a lot better than some of the aftermarket cans, too. If somebody gave me slip-on for free, I'd be happy with whatever it was except for a couple of designs that should never have left the drawing room. I've found aftermarket rearsets, levers and other bits and pieces are much more practical, make me more comfortable and help me ride better. Given unlimited money, I'd throw on a full system to lighten the bike up even more, but since I'm not loaded, I can think of about a bazillion better ways to spend my cash..
How much did you pay for the Mugen? Never seen one for sale on any website just the official Mugen site and they are not cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#44 ·
I may be wrong but nothing was done to the motor for 2013 & the stock exhaust looks only a little different. I'm pretty sure the cans for the 2013 will be pretty dam close to 2007-2012. Guessing they aren't going to look much different & certainly aren't going to sound much different. Idk why so many are questioning why I'm looking for aftermarket parts for a bike that hasn't been released yet. Easy everyone. The 2013 isn't as different as you think.

#48 · (Edited)
Even on pretty much the same bike it can be different. From my research, the Akra slip-on for an 07-08 is slightly different than 09-12. They have different part numbers. 07-08 are essentially the same bike as 09-12, which differs significantly than a '13, relatively. So I would not count on fitting prior years on a '13.

#53 ·
The only bike I had an aftermarket exhaust on was the 96 & that was a yosh RS3 oval cf. Loved it. I have a few months to decide which pipe to buy.

#54 ·
Arata. Hands down.

On another note I went with a Leo. To the guys who said it sounded like farts screw you!! >:)

I haven't put it on yet from what I've "heard" it sounds great. And they are widely used in professional competition. They're used there for a reason!!

#55 ·
Check out the yoshi RS5 or competition werks exhaust for the RR is bad ass

strength and honor

#58 ·
Not everyone happens to have 800 dollars to drop on a slip on though, for a 1-3 hp gain, that's a whole lotta cash for not a lotta stuff :-\. I couldn't justify spending that much on a slip on, now a full system sure, but on the streets where I ride a full system isn't worth the money.

Here where I live everyone and their mother swears by TBR and just think they are so god damn cool, lol. I don't, I don't like they way they look and the quality just doesnt seem very good, IMHO. Plus I like to have things that not many others have.

I've had multiple people talk to me and my buddy (who had a TBR on his 04 1000rr) which exhaust they should get and everyone liked the sound of my leo far better than his. However, it is all up to you. The best way by far to get any sort of decision is to hear as many as you can. And make the decision for what you want to get.

#60 · (Edited)
If you buy right you can get a slip on for far under $800. Given the arata's are $1,000 for a slip on, if you message a vendor here I bet you can get a yosh for under $300 and a Leo for under $350.

Everybody has a two bros here in north Colorado too. Personally, I think most people like them here because they are just plain loud. I had a 2bros cf on my K8 Gsxr and the carbon was already giving in and it was relatively new. The yoshi rs3 on my k5 gsxr sounded a lot better if you ask me. I like to be different as well. a lot of casual rideds have only heard of two bros and yoshi here. They haven't even heard of akra or leo.. And you know leo and altar comes from a family of good pipes when they are used in SBK and motogp.

Edit: That's MHO

Sent from my Desire HD using Motorcycle.com Free App

#62 ·
#70 · (Edited)
Hey let's not call them lower end slips! Let's call them "cost effective." Lol yoshi and leo are probably some of the lowest priced slip ons but Leo's are used often in motogp and sbk. You don't see yoshi as much there but I've seen them used often in supercross..I'm pretty damn sure they are partnered and favor Suzuki's though.

I'll probably go akra next time though:) arata would be my choice but $1000 for a slip on isn't exactly what I'm looking to spend. And they are kinda ugly. But the sound makes up for it.
Sent from my Desire HD using Motorcycle.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.