Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Trying to decide on a slip-on

7K views 90 replies 42 participants last post by  tary preisser 
#1 ·
I am trading in my 08 1000rr for a 2013 600rr. I am contemplating slip-ons. I'm thinking between the yosh & jardine. I don't want anything too obnoxious. Any comments & suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanx.

#3 ·
LEO FTMFW

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com App

#6 ·
I like the sound of the jardine but a little concerned about how it looks myself.

#8 ·
Just checked out the G&G. Gotta be honest ive never heard of it before but maaan is that slick looking!

#9 ·
My buddy's 07 had a Leo, it sounded like farts IMO z -ahaha I have two bro carbon fiber . Love it. Anyways can't go wrong with any one. As long as u like it then its all good.

#10 ·
I like the look of the Leo but I wasn't so much a fan of the sound either.

#15 ·
Went on the Toce site. Nice looking twin pipe design but they are quite loud.

#16 ·
I love my Leo. Especially because its pretty short n shows off my tripage integrated tail light. And it sounds great.

#18 · (Edited)
:+1:At first I really liked the dual design, but then after taking some more looks at them, they don't really fit because the actual pipes are too small. The Hyperflos definitely outdo the Toce's in terms of dual design aesthetics.

#21 ·
I agree they do look Bette on open side pipe bikes..

The udertail makes it where it has to be perfect.. I hate duel pipes and Lon pipes on the undertale bikes (r1/RR) but on GSXRs and r6 open and foul pipes don look too bad.

#22 · (Edited)
I dunno about those that said that Leo sounds like farts, my leo sounds amazing on my 08, not too obnoxious at cruising speeds, but when you get it on it it screams like crazy. Absolutely love it. And it looks great too.

The yoshi is nice too, had a friend with a '12 with an RS-5 and it sounded great, stuck out a little far but then again most do.

Haven't heard an 600's with Jardine but from what I hear they sound great but also stick out a bit far, my Leo doesn't stick out hardly at all, fits in there real nice

#50 ·
Has that been shortened or is that the original length? And is that with a tripage lowering bracket?

That pipe is sexy, think I'm gonna have to leave the heatshielding off so it's on show

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Motorcycle.com Free App
nope not shortened just lowered, i did it myself, link in my sig shows what you need, Tripage has the same idea but my DIY cost me about $2 ;)
and yes def leave off the shield :)

#29 ·
Just got my Akra installed last week. Love the sound, not too loud, but enough to make my ears happy. Especially love the way it looks. Flows really nicely with the RR's lines. Quality and fitment is on par with OEM. If subtlety is what you want, you can't go wrong with the Akra.

Reactions: gee
#32 ·
Guys posting the simple the best or this out rules all have you ever owned another slip/full for that same bike to honestly be able to make those claims...?

I see this a lot on these "which slip" threads then later comes out this is my first... Well that's not a biased statement at all.... :drunk:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.