Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

ECU Flash or Powercommander

29K views 39 replies 17 participants last post by  cbrkat28 
#1 ·
All,

Which do you think is better? ECU Flash or a Power commander?

#13 ·
with a PC you can change maps if needed and/or create your own custom map. If you do an ECU then you are limited to only that ECU unless you go change it again which is a PITA

#15 ·
no matter what way you look at it, you not going to get a better, more accurate tune than with a custom tune created with YOUR bike. i personally have a power commander and i went that route because its a great product and the customer service is freaking awesome

#22 ·
Really, you need to do some research! please!

There are a bunch of threads OTF on this/related subjects.

Where do you live/ride?, if you live near a major tuner it makes setting up these proposed mods much simpler.

look for stuff about HRC ecu also. then look at Marrelli ecu's and what they do........

OTF search for thread "ecu unleashed"

dynarex (good source of info!)has both the pc5 and the flashed ecu........which is getting somewhat close to a full on race spec engine control system.....which costs $$$$

unless you have access to a REALLY good engine tuner, and want to spend a boatload of $$$, you are best served with a pc5 and a good tune for your bike from a competent tuner.......the majority of which use the dj system.

Bazzaz seems to be a good system BUT not many tuners work with them

pc5 is a fuel controller to let you adjust air/fuel ratio for optimal engine power.......on one set of injectors (you have 2 sets!) as standard, if you want/need to control secondary injectors you need more dj modules to work with the pc5....and can get some kind of ignition controller also.....along w/ QS module, map switch controller etc....

ecu "flashed" lets you adjust some things like ignition advance, idle rpm, max rpm and engine braking that the pc5 does not cover.

please use the search function OTF! It works good if you know what you are looking for.......

#37 ·
I run HRC AMA ECU along with PCV SFM WB2, the standard fuel map in the HRC ECU is very rich, i have no HRC data cable which costs more than the PCV so getting the PCV & WB2 to tune the HRC ECU is more cost effective. having an LCD200 or POD300 to datalog helps a lot in getting a more precise map & linear AFR.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.