Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Akrapovik Moto2 exhaust installed on my 07

13K views 61 replies 19 participants last post by  wibbly 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

I finally got the full moto2 exhaust I've been waiting for a long time. It's one of the exhausts used in Marquezs sutter moto2, when he won the world championship. It's been hard to get but worth the effort as it's a unique piece of kit.

The sound is amazing and after tuning the bike on the dino with some other HRC mods we've seen a gain of 14.2 HP to the rear wheel. Very happy with the result.

Here you have some videos with the sound. >:)

Sound video
https://youtu.be/9jskZcELMYI

Attachments

See less See more
2 2
#8 ·
muhahah where did you get it? I want one lol

#9 · (Edited)
Haha I got it directly from one of the team mechanics, it's a friend of mine. As for the price, I paid 2.500€ for the exhaust, thats the sum of what the team pay to akrapovic. Previously I had an akrapovik full exhaust tuned on the dyno and with this one it made 14.2hp more, it's ridiculous, but thats moto2 engineering at its best.

I attach some more pictures

Video soon...>:)

Attachments

#10 ·
So hot sooooo hot

#14 ·
I already had the HRC cams installed but the tune was not perfect as with the power commander we had some limitations.

Changes were:

From power commander to rapid bike 3 Racing + tune
HRC head gasket
moto2 exhaust

Moto 2 bikes are making about 140 hp to the rear wheel, mine is just 123, it's not that crazy it is?

#15 ·
A decent standard engine with a full system, air filter and map will generally make 110-115 at the wheel. More race orientated parts like the HRC cams and full race exhausts will generically speaking give more peak power at the expense of low end. I'd think for the parts that you've got fitted 123hp is probably about right, would be very interesting to see the torque curve to see what spread of power you're getting from it.

#17 ·
That's a very nice exhaust.
Have you talked with the team that provided you the system about parts??
~ 123hp is more or less the standard for the hrc kit. If it was my project I would use HRC wiring & ecu to remove all the road restrictions and the extra cables and connectors. HRC ecu is a good way to go.

thanks for sharing

#19 ·
Yes, I talked a few times with them but they don't care much about my bike haha I'm pretty happy with the figures obtained, I coud have more power but I didn't want to remove the stock rev limiter without changing the valve springs. Maybe in the near future I will change to hrc harness + hrc ecu + hrc spark plugs + hrc valve springs and go that extra 1k revs and see what happens, but for the moment I'm more than happy with how it is now.

Regards

#20 ·
Looks & sounds Grand congrats the track clip you attached is simply Akra music thanks for sharing :fiddy:

#22 ·
Thanks!

Wow that is crazy. Ae you guys getting 120 ish on pump gas? my bike has:
hrc kit cams
hrc kit ecu
hrc kit harness
hrc kit rad
port polish
multi angle valve job
k&n air filter
modified stacks
full exhaust
custom tune
race head gasket and i am only at 113hp.

I bought canada's national champs bike. If i went to race fuel like mr12 they said i would easily be north of 120. but just want to be clear how you are basing your numbers.
I was told to use 98 fuel only, here in Spain we have 95 or 98 fuel, due to the raise of compression I have to use the 98, I have no idea about how's the fuel in the US.

#21 ·
hrc kit cams
hrc kit ecu
hrc kit harness
hrc kit rad
port polish
multi angle valve job
k&n air filter
modified stacks
full exhaust
custom tune

I bought canada's national champs bike. If i went to race fuel like mr12 they said i would easily be north of 120. but just want to be clear how you are basing your numbers.

#23 · (Edited)

hrc kit cams

hrc kit ecu

hrc kit harness

hrc kit rad

port polish

multi angle valve job

k&n air filter

modified stacks

full exhaust

custom tune

Every dyno is different so it may just be the fuel. That said, I'm running 114 at the wheel with just a full system and filter.

I expect something must be limiting your power output and fuel could well be it. Here in the uk we generally have 95/97 octane pump fuel. I generally run Shell V Power which is 99.

#24 ·
I usually run 91 here in regional. in national we can only run 93 which is garbage or 98 which is garbage as well.

What i mean by that is the 93 makes less than my 91 i get less elsewhere and the 98 can only produce 2 more hp but costs twice as much.

If i were to run vp fuels u4.4 or mr12 i would be easily 120+

Our v power in canada is only 94

#25 ·
That's rubbish, you'd get so much more power on the fuel here in the UK! I wonder how they get away with marketing fuel as the same when it's such a difference between yours and ours.

I've often been tempted by going for HRC cams and increased compression of gain some extra power but wasn't sure if it was worth it or not...

#27 ·
#28 ·
canada is ron+mon/2

shell vpower here is sold as 91, but would be 98 in the uk

we don't have **** gas in canada, you don't have amazing gas in the uk. it's just different numbers.

talking horsepower is a waste of time anyway. all the matters is baseline and after you have done the work and tuning. the gains count more than the actual number.

#31 ·
It's wss spec bike/engine, actually one of a few we've build... to be honest we have build more r6s than cbrs ;)
wss engine spec, custom cylinder head tune, valve & valve seat job, custom cam but standard valve springs
Balanced engine with nicasil coating on cylinders, special procedures for better heat abortion.
custom velocity stacks
arrow full exhaust (wss kit)
motec m880 ecu with custom wiring, adl3 dash with data logging, traction control etc.

#34 ·
R6 can easily produce about 5-7 hp more and can easily pass 17.000rpm.
Factory R6s with magneti marelli electronics had more than 150hp at the back wheel back in 2009-2010 seasons.
Last years Wss Van de mark bike from Tenk Kate had not even close to that number. They said that their bike had about a maximum of 145 at the back wheel.
Think that a superstock R6 engine has no less than 125hp at the wheel (no cams, no head skimming, yec electronics)

#37 ·
I think that's part of the gripe by some fans about Moto2. WSS motors are in a higher state of tune with more advanced electronics. WSS isn't as limited by engine usage so they can wring the life out of them more. Still, Moto2 run faster lap times than WSS. Is that Chassis, rider talent, or both?

#38 ·
Don't forget that regardless of what state of tune a WSS is, the Moto2 bikes are true racing bikes. Their chassis, brakes, suspension and aerodynamics are designed specifically for racing whereas every WSS bike is based on a road machine (albeit with a massive amount of work done).

Power isn't everything when it comes to fast laps on track.

#40 ·
Guys, don't forget weight advantage that moto2 machines have next to wss.
Moto2 regulations allow for this year a minimum of 215 weight of bike and rider (with gear - ready to race)
wss rules minimum weight of the bike of 161kg (don't care about the rider)

Making a small calculation a "motogp spec" rider weights no less than 70kg fully geared (of course there are many others that weight more than 80kg and that's why they have this rule from last year if I remember correct)
215 - 70 = 145kg bike

That's a 16kg advantage over wss machine.... and that's huge advantage in performance and drivability as you all know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.