Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Shorty GP exhaust

12K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  biohazardcycles 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,

I have an 04 CBR600rr and wanted to go with a shorty side exhaust....

https://www.radiantcycles.com/product/2003-2004-honda-cbr-600rr-shorty-gp/

I also wanted to go with aftermarket headers but was wondering if anyone knows of any that I wouldn't have to cut. I do also have a power commander so I can retune it after I get everything done. And yes I know this is going to be super annoyingly loud and everyone will hate me but I don't really care:laugh:

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

See less See more
#11 ·
Well for one... the longer pipe gives the CBR its great mid-range, the engine is tuned for the pipe length, etc.

Honda had to do additional work on the 1000 to re-gain the mid-range they lost when they ditched the under-tail pipe.

#4 ·
"This exhaust provides ample sound at 95 decibels per 8000 rpm."

Is that even legal where you are? Cruisers are loud enough, just get a decent slip on and be happy.

#5 ·
First things first. Take your exhaust off (just the midpipe) ride around for about a week.

If you honestly like it for a week, then go for it it's your bike you're gonna do what you want. I've straight piped my bike. I loved it for about a day. But the power loss and the extreme loudness becomes extremely annoying.

Maybe consider getting like an r6 exhaust can and do something custom? Maybe an M4 exhaust or something.

#7 ·
Maybe consider getting like an r6 exhaust can and do something custom? Maybe an M4 exhaust or something.
Or if they want loud, lack of power... a cruiser? :crackup:

#6 ·
If you're going to do a side exit it's worth spending a lot of time and effort to get the right parts and think about what you actually want. With a proper custom map and the right diameter parts, you can gain power over the under tail but only at top rpm and at the expense of rideability. I think the CBR looks great with a side exit but they can look awful if done with cheap and crappy eBay bits! Oh and there's no way that pipe you're showing is 95dB, it'll be way louder than that!

Be aware though that unless you use a proper silencer (like an Akra from an R6, ZX6R etc.) then it's going to be LOUD. My Austin Racing is brutal and while I've never been pulled over with it, its ear piercingly loud. Makes a TOCE or Two Brothers sound like a 50cc hairdryer! My full race Leo Vince was 118dB and the AR is in a different league!? here's my setup:

Here are a couple of videos of mine to give an idea of how a short side exit sounds on the CBR, but no video comes close to doing justice to just how loud and brutal they sound:

Have fun with whatever you decide to go with.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#12 ·
My full race Leo Vince was 118dB and the AR is in a different league!? here's my setup:
That is INSANELY loud. Do they even make ear plugs with a NRR rating high enough to dull that out?

#10 ·
Cheers mate, it's a work in progress and there's a lot more left to go on it but I'm happy with it so far!

Good luck with what you decide to do, if you've got any questions then do PM me and I'll do my best to help if I can!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.