Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Hit 2 Deer in One Night. Streetfighter time?

12K views 97 replies 20 participants last post by  Karling 
#1 ·
Howdy yall from central texas, a land full of damn deer. But not just any deer, our beloved white tail deer are about as stupid as they come. They love to dart back and forth in the middle of the road, trying to figure out which direction they want to go. God forbid they just make up their mind. 2 weeks ago, I was fortunate enough to knock down 2 from the whitetail deer population. The story goes like this.
I was leaving the local highschool football game, driving down FM2484 (a great T1 road full of curves and twisties), headed towards my house. As I'm riding along, going about 55mph, I see two deer on the right side of the road. I cover my brakes and prepare for anything. Sure enough, they start darting across the road. I slow down from 55 to about 30. Right as the 1 year old doe crosses the lane, she decides to dart back and attempt to cross the other way. Smack. I hit the deer hard with the front tire, brining me to a complete stop. Mind you, I stayed up right and escaped a layover. The deer limps off and then falls over on the shoulder of the road. I pull over and inspect the bike. The front wheel choke or fairing is intact, somehow, and there's absolutely no damage. My front brake felt kinda squishy, but oh well. Only 5 miles from home. I hop back on and continue my journey, thinking about how lucky I was.
I continue riding towards my home, with thoughts of how stupid deer are. As I near the top of the hill, a matured doe darts out in front of me, barely missing me. Mind you, I was going 60 at the time. Woah. Before I had time to think, bam. Another stupid yearling darts in front of me. Still traveling at 60, she hits my front tire hard, causing the bike to lay over. I slide for about 3 or 4 seconds. Wow. That was quick. I stand back up, and before I know it, there are 4 cars stopped. I pick my bike up and roll it to the side of the road. I'm cussing and slammi ng my fists, and telling everyone not to call 911 as I didn't feel like dealing with a trooper.

So there you have the background. My glossy black cbr600rr is no longer intact. Other than the fact that the relays on the side got messed up, the bike is still fine. I have decided to go street fighter. No more fairings. I don't feel like buying another 600 dollar fairing kit.

My plans for the bike are not too extreme, but they are very bright. Literally. I'm thinking of ideas for headlights, I want something that will lighten up the entire road. Maybe one of those LED light bars? Who knows. I just want to keep record of all this and share my story with yall.

Ride safe and look out for those deer!!

See less See more
#59 ·
So after sitting there staring blankly at the bike, trying to figure out where to mount the Guage cluster, I got an idea. Of course, I searched the forum and found it right away, but I'm going to move the ignition key switch to either the left or right side, and use that hole to mount the Guage cluster

#61 ·
I think you made a poor chice man...

Put the ignition again where it belongs (there aren't a lot of places to fit that) and make yourself a bracket for the cluster, you can fix it easily to the front of the bike

#67 ·
Having to cut a deers throat is better than letting it sit there in pain possibly suffocating to death etc, when you hunt and kill things for food you learn to respect the animals but also get used to killing and lose some of that emotion you have as a beginner at it. Its hard to explain to people who havent been there and done it themselves lol its kinda like being a veteran of war etc you can become cold to it.

#68 ·
I have a hatred for deer man. Had 3 jump out in front of me this morning going to work. It's not natural how many are out here. Maybe up in the mountains where they aren't overpopulated, cross bred, and almost tamed to people from overfeeding (people shouldn't Feed wild animals. There is baiting, and there is feeding. Two complete different things. Feeding destroys the animals natural instincts and makes them act stupid)

#70 ·
I always tell people to scare deer if they are close so they dont get used to people, some think its cute but obviously you know what happens haha I feel bad for you. Up here we arent allowed to finish them off if we hit them, we have to call the cops etc. **** that if I hit one its going in the hatch of my integra and its going to end up in my freezer haha

#75 ·
Isn't it sad how feminine today's men are getting? You chuckle about a woman crying over some roadkill and you start getting hate mail from all these nutjobs. Unbelievable. Don't reply to any of them. Most feminine men are rampant attention whores. Dad and grandpa never took them hunting or taught them how to be a man, and didn't give them the attention all young boys should get.

#77 ·
Yup, finally got a couple "real" men to respond in here, not some pansy ass "guys" who show compassion for other living things be it an animal or another person like a crying woman, who seem to enjoy the act of taking something else's life, who don't need to callously kill something and laugh about it to prove they are a guys guy and somehow call someone effeminate if they have a conscience and care about something other than themselves.

Yeah, it's pretty sad alright.........

Reactions: shinfo
#78 ·
I'm sorry you're offended. Not really. But sadly, that's the country we live in, full of weak minded pansies that are offended by everything.

Do I feel bad about killing a deer(that was fixing to die) that completely focked up my bike, and could've killed me? Nope. And if you're about to tell me I should feel bad about it, you must be a tree-huggig vegan who has NEVER been in a situation when a wild animal threatened you're life, messed up your bike, and cost you a ton of $$.

Do I take killing the deer light heartedly? Yes. I don't give a flying fvck about the dead deer. I've slit the throat of many deer and hogs that I've shot and walked up on still gasping for air. It's the HUMANE thing to do, putting it out of its misery. If you're telling me I should've just let the internal bleeding slowly kill the animal, then my friend YOU need to see some type of therapist or shrink.

The crying woman bent over the deer, that nearly killed me, did anger me. I'm damn sure it would anger you too. I let her know I need to put it out of its misery, and she walked away and let me finish it. Do I think this woman was idiotic for trying to "comfort" the deer, which are extremely afraid of humans, and was probably tripping that deer out even more by laying her hands on it? Yes. She was stupid. Did I tell her she was stupid? No. Why? Because I know you can't fix stupid. Why am I responding to you're inherently ignorant and uneducated commend? Because maybe, just maybe, you can score .5 more points on your next IQ test. And I'm that kind of nice person who just loves to dumb things down for people that need it

#93 ·
https://youtu.be/PC2P6OPjm-4

I had a very close call yesterday. I've been practicing wheelies a bit lately, 2nd gear clutch ups. I think in this instance, what I did wrong was not warm up the tires. They were both cold and I had been on the road for under 3 minutes when I did this. It appears I set the front down straight, so I don't think that was the problem.

Now what I did right was WOT once I started losing the front. I always hear that you should never let off the throttle, so I just opened that b1tch all the way open.

Very close call. If yall have any pointers let me know :D

#98 ·
I am not sure how far this goes into the whole thread. However, views will differ and people dont understand why others feel the way they do. I have had to take a life of a wild animal that was hit on the side of the road. It happened to be a doe with a fawn in tow. The fawn was ok, but the doe would not be able to get up and walk and would in time, bleed out. So, while everyone was freaking out about the situation and some arguing about leaving the mom alone to die with her fawn i pulled out my pistol walked over to her. I sat down beside her and calmly talked to her moved some grass towards her to encourage her to eat or take her mind off what was going on. Her only focus was on her fawn, thats it, so i quietly took my pistol and dispatched her right there. I then jumped up and went racing after the fawn, purposefully shooting into the ground ahead of me in no way endangering anyone or the fawn. WHY? to scare that fawn away, to make sure it ran away and didnt come back. In the 20+ years i have been hunting, I have always said thank you to the animals that I have taken in order to feed my family. its about respect for another living thing. Once everyone picked up there jaws off the ground, I asked if the police were called, and then dialed fish and game. Both the local PD and Fish & Game showed up, we cleaned the deer and they took it to a needy family. Some people deal with death differently. Be respectful of each other and of all living life.

Just because someone is comfortable "sliting" an animals throat, doesnt mean they are any better or worse than me using a firearm to dispatch a mortally wounded creature. The reality is, once you slit the femoral arteries the animal will fall asleep a lot faster than you think. Is it the best way, no, but its 1000% better than letting it bleed to death on its own or even breaking the neck (which never works on an animal that large).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.