Military Members Info - Page 2 - 600RR.net
The Militia Get to da choppa!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 266 (permalink) Old 10-02-2011, 10:30 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kak View Post
I have a friend that is doing STA-21 currently. She's been in for roughly 8 years and just hit Chief (iirc). She said its a great deal and great way to get your commission. I plan on dropping my packet when I get to Hawaii (I'm training to be a CTI currently. I turned down nuke for this.. I think math/science + huge enlistment bonus would have been a smarter idea).
I always wanted to be a pilot and knew I was too immature to go to college straight out of high school so I wanted a job in the Navy that would set me up to get my commission. That's why I chose nuke. A lot of people talk crap about being a nuke and they have no idea. It isn't nearly as bad as they say. There were some crappy times, but that goes with any rate. I'm not really good at math, so thankfully the math wasn't bad at all. I do miss the large bonuses I got, but I'd rather be where I'm at then get those.

As far as you and your friend go, STA-21 is a great option, and they are opening it up to more than just URL. If you have any questions or want any advice on your personal statement, or any other part of the package, then just let me know. What community do you want to go into as an officer?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 266 (permalink) Old 10-02-2011, 01:05 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tab112302 View Post
Navy
O1E

I was enlisted for 11 years and was a submarine nuclear reactor operator where I deployed numerous times to various places. Now I am learning to fly. I can answer questions about submarine life, being a nuke, and some about flight school because I'm still in it. Also for any enlisted guys, I received my commission through the STA-21 program, so I can help with questions about that as well.
My plan is to go Officer. I only have a few semesters left to get my degree. Currently, there aren't any officer positions in my career field, but the Army has a very similar job that is Officer Only....I'm debating it. Word is though, that the Air Force will be creating an Officer position within my career field in the coming years, so we'll see how that plays out.

The problem also happens to be that the Air Force is getting rid of alot of Officers right now, but will hopefully open positions up in the next 5-10 years or so.
post #33 of 266 (permalink) Old 10-02-2011, 02:43 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSpeed View Post
My plan is to go Officer. I only have a few semesters left to get my degree. Currently, there aren't any officer positions in my career field, but the Army has a very similar job that is Officer Only....I'm debating it. Word is though, that the Air Force will be creating an Officer position within my career field in the coming years, so we'll see how that plays out.

The problem also happens to be that the Air Force is getting rid of alot of Officers right now, but will hopefully open positions up in the next 5-10 years or so.
What career field is that? And all branches are cutting down now, not just the AF.

post #34 of 266 (permalink) Old 10-02-2011, 07:34 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
What career field is that? And all branches are cutting down now, not just the AF.
Emergency Management (CBRN)
post #35 of 266 (permalink) Old 10-03-2011, 03:49 AM
kak
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
"Right sizing!"

I'd go Information Warfare or something similar. I'm stationed @ DLI currently and I would slide right into it perfectly. I'd have to change quite a bit to qualify for tactical fields with the language.. and I'm not even sure if mine would transfer over as well.
post #36 of 266 (permalink) Old 10-03-2011, 04:56 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
JGVasa (Jake)
Marines
E-3 (LCpl)
0311 (Infantry)
Out of Devens, MA.
13 Months time in service.

Currently deployed to Afghanistan on Camp Leatherneck. Getting back in the spring, cant wait to start riding. I have a 2010 Leyla with 0 Miles waiting for me...
post #37 of 266 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 08:15 PM
Street BOTM Winner 10/11

Feedback Score: 28 reviews
support your fellow bro in arms and vote for me for BOTM.

CELO (rich)
Army
E-6
91H track veh. repairer
Ft. Carson, CO

thanks for your support.
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.p...69#post3255569

R.I.P SPC Dylan Reid 03SEP1986-16OCT2010.
R.I.P. Phatstud 05/08/1980-10/19/2010.
R.I.P Marco Simoncelli #58 20JAN1987-23OCT2011

Last edited by CELO; 10-06-2011 at 09:32 PM. Reason: added link
post #38 of 266 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 09:16 PM
Training Wheel Hero

When we were out, they reenlisted 60 nukes and the bonus total was like 1.5 million. This does not boost morale for a crew that had to leave early for deployment/workups because we couldnt pass ORSE.
Nukes do work pretty hard though, it seemed like every night just after taps there was another drill going on down there.

Quote:
I always wanted to be a pilot and knew I was too immature to go to college straight out of high school so I wanted a job in the Navy that would set me up to get my commission. That's why I chose nuke. A lot of people talk crap about being a nuke and they have no idea. It isn't nearly as bad as they say. There were some crappy times, but that goes with any rate. I'm not really good at math, so thankfully the math wasn't bad at all. I do miss the large bonuses I got, but I'd rather be where I'm at then get those.

As far as you and your friend go, STA-21 is a great option, and they are opening it up to more than just URL. If you have any questions or want any advice on your personal statement, or any other part of the package, then just let me know. What community do you want to go into as an officer?
post #39 of 266 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 10:35 PM
Knee Dragger

-cody
-usn
-e3
-air traffic control
-been in for two years now. currently at NAS Oceana, va beach. va
-i am not the guy on the ground with the orange cones. common misconception. i am in the control tower and in a radar room in some cases. basiclly telling pilots what to do and when to do it. alot of schooling is involved, and its a nonstop learning experience.
post #40 of 266 (permalink) Old 10-07-2011, 12:28 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by antiscrap View Post
When we were out, they reenlisted 60 nukes and the bonus total was like 1.5 million. This does not boost morale for a crew that had to leave early for deployment/workups because we couldnt pass ORSE.
Nukes do work pretty hard though, it seemed like every night just after taps there was another drill going on down there.
They have to give away big bonuses to the nukes to keep them around. I could have gotten out and gone to be an SRO at a civilian plant making 6 figures easily. I understand that the cone gets pissed about the nukes pay, but they do actually deserve it (if they can pass ORSE that is).
post #41 of 266 (permalink) Old 10-07-2011, 08:40 PM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
silver06cbr
SPC- E4
11b (Infantry)
Got back from Afghanistan a bit ago, so now I mostly handle outdoor landscaping and police calls. HOOAH.

2006 CBR600rr
Custom Paint on OEM fairings
Vortex Key-less Black Gas cap
PCV
Black JPR Shorty levers..
BMC Race Air Filter
Hyper-flo slip on
Puig, Black Windscreen.
Vortex Rear sets.
Barnett Clutch
Driven D3 Limited Edition Grips
DDM Tuning HID kit
Spiegler SS brake lines

And more to come.
post #42 of 266 (permalink) Old 10-07-2011, 11:29 PM
Knee Dragger

Skorcher27
US Navy HN (E-3) Hospital Corpsman
Jan2010-August2010 Great Lakes, IL
August2010-December2010 Camp Lejeune, NC
December2010-Present Naval Air Station Jacksonville, FL (Working at the hospital)
Currently going through Auxiliary Security Forces training. Working on a shore command sucks. Ive been trying to get over to Afghanistan since I joined. The chances of me deploying there before my time with the Marines will not be likely. However, I might deploy to Guantanamo Bay, Cuba to work as medical with the inmates. We'll see how that goes.

Currently riding my bike every day to and from my super cake day job working 15 days a month.

Stock 2006 with flush mounts. That's about it.

For Sale!
Bell Star Cerwinskie in Medium

post #43 of 266 (permalink) Old 10-08-2011, 02:20 AM
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drick View Post
Ex Navy here.

Best rate in the Navy.....HM (Hosptial Corpsman)

If I could do it all over again I would have went into Special Forces and shoot for a SEAL team Medic or gone SARC (Special amphibious reconnaissance Corpsman) A medic of a Marine Recon team.

But I got out after my first enlistment because I thought the civilian world was going to be so much better, turns out...it wasnt and I tried to re enlist as an HM again and the process was going to take a bit. Then I ended up landing a good job so I stayed a civilian, and I just found out we are having a kid. So now im no longer going to re enlist. I have been out for just over a year. Heck maybe we are giving birth to a future SEAL Corpsman....That would make me a proud daddy haha.

Anyway enough babbling. As you can see im pretty biased towards my rate in the Navy. But youll find out that alot of Service members really enjoy the rate they are in and some hate it.

But honestly you have to think what you like the best and what field you want to go into that would fit you the best. In the Navy you can do everything from chase **** through pipes on a ship to being a Tier 1 Navy SEAL.
biased?... more like the truth ;) greatest rate in the navy, best medics in the world

YouTube: TheXtremistOFY

2011 CBR600RR Blk/Red
JPR Shorty Levers
Puig Windscreen
HB Flushmounts
SS FE
Progrip 719's
Progrip Rim Tape
600RR.Net Res Sock!

Everyone -"Your gona kill yourself with that thing"
Me - "I'd rather die by my CBR than an IED"
ButtaButtaJam
post #44 of 266 (permalink) Old 10-08-2011, 02:29 AM
Knee Dragger

DocWTF
US Navy HM3 (Hospital Corpsman 3rd Class)
15SEP-06NOV2009 Boot Camp (Great Mistakes, IL)
07NOV-18MAR2010 "A" School (Great Mistakes, IL)
22MAR-Current NMCSD (San Diego, CA)
starting MAR2012 1stMARDIV! (Camp Pendleton, CA)

work at NMCSD pre and post op surgical recovery, pain management as surg and x-ray tech, PEC, and Security Force for NMCSD and 32nd street, and above all....... Soon to be front line corpsman rahhh

YouTube: TheXtremistOFY

2011 CBR600RR Blk/Red
JPR Shorty Levers
Puig Windscreen
HB Flushmounts
SS FE
Progrip 719's
Progrip Rim Tape
600RR.Net Res Sock!

Everyone -"Your gona kill yourself with that thing"
Me - "I'd rather die by my CBR than an IED"
ButtaButtaJam
post #45 of 266 (permalink) Old 10-08-2011, 02:53 AM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorcher27 View Post
However, I might deploy to Guantanamo Bay, Cuba to work as medical with the inmates. We'll see how that goes.

I'm pulling ASF right now myself. Cake job indeed, though here it isn't a TAD GIG but another watchbill added to your regular schedule.

You aint lying about shore duty sucking, a lot of times I'd rather be dealing with ship life. It's like the Navy has to over complicate things and make things more difficult than they have to be so there is a whole other layer of bullshit baked into shore duty.

I just got back from GTMO about a year ago working as a Guard. One of my good friends is a HM and is down there right now. HMs have it pretty good down there, other than having to pretend like you give a **** about the detainees health and well being. That being said they are very well behaved towards the medical staff, so things are usually pretty smooth for you all, but they do bitch about everything and anything in order to get a trip out of the camps.

Aside from being locked onto a military establishment and working a 4 on 2 off 12 & 12 schedule GTMO aint bad. The Scuba diving there is phenomenal and they have an excellent Marina. I myself was wakeboarding 3 times a week. If you can deal with being on a ship with the feeling of being locked in, and can look past the suck of the job, GTMO can actually be a pretty fun time.

If you need to/want to know anything else hit me up.

post #46 of 266 (permalink) Old 10-08-2011, 03:01 AM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
.b0link
MM2 (SW)
-Navy Nuclear Power Training Command (Washout) Mar05-Jan06
-CV-67 USS JFK, Auxiliaries (Decommed) Jan06-Apr07
-LPD-13 USS Nashville, Mainspace operator (Two cruises then decommed) Apr07-Jul09
-Navy Expeditionary Guard Batallion, GTMO Oct09-Sep10
-Fleet Logistics Center, Rota (Supply) Oct10-Present

post #47 of 266 (permalink) Old 10-08-2011, 01:15 PM
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by .b0link View Post
I'm pulling ASF right now myself. Cake job indeed, though here it isn't a TAD GIG but another watchbill added to your regular schedule.

You aint lying about shore duty sucking, a lot of times I'd rather be dealing with ship life. It's like the Navy has to over complicate things and make things more difficult than they have to be so there is a whole other layer of bullshit baked into shore duty.

I just got back from GTMO about a year ago working as a Guard. One of my good friends is a HM and is down there right now. HMs have it pretty good down there, other than having to pretend like you give a **** about the detainees health and well being. That being said they are very well behaved towards the medical staff, so things are usually pretty smooth for you all, but they do bitch about everything and anything in order to get a trip out of the camps.

Aside from being locked onto a military establishment and working a 4 on 2 off 12 & 12 schedule GTMO aint bad. The Scuba diving there is phenomenal and they have an excellent Marina. I myself was wakeboarding 3 times a week. If you can deal with being on a ship with the feeling of being locked in, and can look past the suck of the job, GTMO can actually be a pretty fun time.

If you need to/want to know anything else hit me up.
I will man. Appreciate it.

For Sale!

post #48 of 266 (permalink) Old 10-08-2011, 06:35 PM
Testicular Fortitude

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Well to my world you ASF fags.

RIP Phatty

2007- Wrecked
2008 Orange- DD/track
2 Bro slip on
PCIII
Flush mounts
FE
Puig smoke wind screen
ASV Shorties Black
Vortex rear sets
To come:
Brake lines
Rotors
Clip-ons
HID
and a few other things.
post #49 of 266 (permalink) Old 10-08-2011, 06:38 PM
Testicular Fortitude

Oh yea I've had a bunch of friends down in GTMO being an MA. I fortunantly haven't been to GTMO. Spent 2 years in Bahrain though.

Oh and Corpsman is a great rate way better than my rate.

RIP Phatty

2007- Wrecked
2008 Orange- DD/track
2 Bro slip on
PCIII
Flush mounts
FE
Puig smoke wind screen
ASV Shorties Black
Vortex rear sets
To come:
Brake lines
Rotors
Clip-ons
HID
and a few other things.
post #50 of 266 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 01:14 AM
Knee Dragger

Way better than all rates. Wouldn't do anything else in the Navy. Period.

For Sale!

Old 10-10-2011, 06:26 AM
Nico
This message has been deleted by Nico.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:55 PM
MidnightSpeed
Old 10-11-2011, 03:38 AM
Nico
Old 10-11-2011, 12:55 PM
tab112302
post #51 of 266 (permalink) Old 10-13-2011, 05:33 PM
Testicular Fortitude

Eww fort lostinthewoods

RIP Phatty

2007- Wrecked
2008 Orange- DD/track
2 Bro slip on
PCIII
Flush mounts
FE
Puig smoke wind screen
ASV Shorties Black
Vortex rear sets
To come:
Brake lines
Rotors
Clip-ons
HID
and a few other things.
post #52 of 266 (permalink) Old 10-13-2011, 06:50 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 12 reviews
happy bday Navy... hope you navy guys get your free slice of cake from the mess decks..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightslugger View Post
Flip Diver's gotta be a bot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by phatstud View Post
flip posts bewbies everywhere!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacksoncbr600 View Post
No flipdiver posts newbies everywhere.
post #53 of 266 (permalink) Old 10-13-2011, 08:28 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipDiver79 View Post
happy bday Navy... hope you navy guys get your free slice of cake from the mess decks..
I celebrated by getting back in the plane and going flying. Now it is time to knock a few back for all those out there who can't.

Navy FTW!
post #54 of 266 (permalink) Old 10-13-2011, 09:49 PM
Testicular Fortitude

I'm just waiting for it to die.

RIP Phatty

2007- Wrecked
2008 Orange- DD/track
2 Bro slip on
PCIII
Flush mounts
FE
Puig smoke wind screen
ASV Shorties Black
Vortex rear sets
To come:
Brake lines
Rotors
Clip-ons
HID
and a few other things.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:21 AM
Nico
Old 10-14-2011, 12:30 PM
FlipDiver79
post #55 of 266 (permalink) Old 10-14-2011, 01:12 PM
awd-turbo

flip what did u do in the navy?
post #56 of 266 (permalink) Old 10-14-2011, 01:21 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Bigkahuna7790
USN
NSW
NAB
3 years 3 months in
E-5
(acronyms FTW)

Last edited by Bigkahuna7790; 10-14-2011 at 02:30 PM.
post #57 of 266 (permalink) Old 10-14-2011, 01:28 PM
awd-turbo

^smalll boats?
post #58 of 266 (permalink) Old 10-14-2011, 02:16 PM
Training Wheel Hero

^when needed. And usually as a passenger. Usually..
post #59 of 266 (permalink) Old 10-14-2011, 03:21 PM
Testicular Fortitude

Glad I know what all that means.

RIP Phatty

2007- Wrecked
2008 Orange- DD/track
2 Bro slip on
PCIII
Flush mounts
FE
Puig smoke wind screen
ASV Shorties Black
Vortex rear sets
To come:
Brake lines
Rotors
Clip-ons
HID
and a few other things.
post #60 of 266 (permalink) Old 10-14-2011, 05:44 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacksoncbr600 View Post
Glad I know what all that means.
Haha then you know full well it's just the tiniest tip of the iceberg. Especially with the Navy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page