Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Other bike wheels that will fit?

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  G1K 
#1 ·
I am wondering if it is possible to mount wheels up from other bikes with my factory hardware and have it work I. E 98-99 cbr 900 rear and so on thanks for the assistance

#5 ·
With only your stock hardware I don't think much will bolt right up. I have a set of marchesini 16.5's designed for a a suzuki gsxr mounted to my RR, but it involved a custom brake mount, spacers and cush drive.

Oh, and a custom rear rotor, which is nearly complete.

R

#7 ·
I have the rotors at the machine shop right now, but I can mount it all up w/o rotors and take a pic...

EDIT: here are pics of the wheel and custom stuff. I didn't include a pic of the front, it just a plane jane 16.5 Marchesini. I have to get the rotors finished before I mount everything, hopefully it'll get done next weekend.

Rear rim:

closeup of the area that needed to be machined down. Note, this is a quick change wheel, the regular ones have a different hub for mounting the rotor.

Here is the modded rear caliper holder:

The custom cushdrive, I made this rather than buy the Marchesini one so I can use the stack of sprockets I already have, vs. buy a bunch of new ones at $50 a pop. I will accept the GSX-R sprockets.

Finally, here are some of the spacers, two for the rear (internal to the rim and the cushdrive) and the internal fromt spacer. The outer ones are not finished yet.

R

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.