Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Bridgestone S20 Pressures

19K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  OH81KRR 
#1 ·
Out of curiosity I emailed Bridgestone directly to find out what their recommended tyre pressures were for track use. The response is below and may prove useful to those that venture out on track and use cold pressures.

Dear Ryan,

Thank you for your mail.

32 psi front
30 psi rear

Both cold.

Remember to raise back to 36 / 42 for road use.

I trust this answers your question.

Kind Regards,

Gary Hartshorne
Motorcycle Product Manager
Bridgestone Europe
North Region
Athena Drive
Tachbrook Park
Warwick
CV34 6UX

T:01926 488500
M:07989 359075
F:01926 310803

www.bridgestonebikersclub.co.uk

Sent: 18 June 2012 10:05
To: HARTSHORNE Gary
Subject: Customer Service mail

Your Message: What are your recommended tyre pressures for track use of the new Bridgestone S20?

------------------------------------------------

If you can provide the following information this will help to deal with your query:
Vehicle make: (e.g. BMW, Audi, VW, etc) Honda
Vehicle model: (e.g. 1-Series, A4, Golf V, etc) CBR600RR
Vehicle type and version: (e.g. E67, 1.9TDI, etc) 2011
Tyre size: (e.g. 195/65 R16 H) 120/70 ZR17 Front 180/55 ZR17 Rear

Harvey Pope
Customer Service Agent
Bridgestone

Tel: 08081 800 800 ext 2520

Email: harvey.pope@bridgestone.eu

This email and any attachments, which are strictly confidential and may be legally protected and subject to copyright, are solely for the use of the intended recipient. If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately by return email. If you are not the intended recipient, you must destroy this email and any attachments and refrain from disclosing them in any manner to any third parties and using the contents.
The company accepts no responsibility for any changes made to this email and any attachments after transmission. It is your responsibility to check this email and any attachments for viruses as the use of email over the internet is subject to risks. Anyone who communicates with us by email is deemed to accept such risks.
Any views expressed in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.
Bridgestone UK is a limited company registered in England (registered no.1040790) with its registered office at Bridgestone House, Athena Drive, Tachbrook Park, Warwick, Warwickshire. CV34 6UX. Tel: +44(0)1926 488500 Fax: +44(0)1926 488600

See less See more
#3 ·
I’ve spent all day on track today in mixed conditions. First couple or sessions were really wet whilst the remainder of the day gradually improved to the last sessions when temperatures hit 24 degrees and the track had dried out fully. I decided to give the Bridgestone recommended cold pressures a go (32 Front / 30 Rear) and they were absolutely spot on in all conditions. I didn’t feel any need to lower the pressures further and the tyres performed excellently in the wet and dry all day.

#5 ·
After further contact with Bridgestone here are recommended hot pressures for track use:

Hi Ryan,

For hot pressures you need them to be 34 psi in both the front and rear.

Trust this helps

Regards,

Gary Hartshorne
Motorcycle Product Manager
Bridgestone Europe
North Region
Athena Drive
Tachbrook Park
Warwick
CV34 6UX

www.bridgestonebikersclub.co.uk

Sent: 04 August 2012 16:09
To: HARTSHORNE Gary
Subject: RE: Customer Service mail

Gary,

Many thanks for the info regarding cold tyre track pressures.

Do you have recommended hot pressures for use with tyre warmers?

Kind regards,

Ryan

#11 ·
good info! S20's are good tires, but I recommend R10's to everyone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.