Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

where to go for tire swap

2K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  mran556 
#1 ·
should i go to the dealership or any shop to get my tires swapped?
is there a special way the tire needs to go on the rim for balancing purposes would any shop know that? i know there directional but im worried about the balancing

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#3 ·
A good shop is definitely the safe bet but they're expensive (sometimes up to $100 per tire!). In the long term if you're changing tires often consider buying the equipment and doing it yourself. It's not super difficult by any means.

#8 ·
If you want it done right (no scratches), do it yourself. You can make a wheel balancer. I used abec 7 spec bearings which I bought from a skate shop. If you want all the details on how I made my wheel balancer let me know. Unfortunately I made it and took it apart already because it took up space and it's that easy to make.

See you on the road!

#10 ·
I use a local racer who ownes a tire machine thingy.. 20 bucks on or off the bike and hes got lots of used dot slicks too if i want something cheap for the road. Nothing had about balancing anyone can do it..

Search craigslist for used tires and tire changeing service

#13 ·
It shouldn't be more than 60 a wheel with the wheels off. I think the stealership smells your freshness.

Also no, you do not take off the rotor or the sprocket off of the rear. For under or around 100 bucks, you can buy a balancing stand, weights, tire irons, and protectors. Do it yourself, it will be fun. Take your time to not scratch the rim. Work on the left side of each rim. That way, if you do scratch it, you won't notice it (bike leans to the left).

#12 ·
Well u would be stupid to go there..

Thats how easy it is to balance a tire.. this isnt moto gp

Take it where ever is cheapest.. your not having a superbike engine built your getting a tire changed..

#14 ·
Got a guy in my town that will do them 30 a wheel, on the bike. But I always take them off to save him time.

#15 ·
I think my local guys charge $75 for both wheels total.

However I'm going to buy a No-Mar and start changing them myself. Going through two-three sets of street tires a year and now having a track bike in the stable, it will pay for itself pretty quick.

---------------------------------

2014 Triumph Daytona 675R 2/22/14 - 8/22/15

2016 Aprilia RSV4 RR 8/29/15 - ???

2006 Honda CBR 600RR Track Only 1/02/16 - ???

#17 ·
So who popped your bead hahab

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.