New for 2017 - Michelin Power RS - 600RR.net
Tires, Suspension & Handling Sticky to slippery tire talk

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-25-2016, 09:15 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New for 2017 - Michelin Power RS

Michelin is launching the new Power RS for 2017. It will be a replacement for the Supersport EVO which was launched in 2015, and is aimed at the sporty road rider which occasionally takes to the track.

MCN have tested the tyres and seems quite impressed. During the test the Power RS was tested back-to-back against Metzeler M7 RR and Bridgestone Battlax S21. Link to article can be found here -->

Michelin 'New Generation' Power RS | MCN

More info:
http://www.bikesportnews.com/product...persport-tyres
http://www.***********/en/news/2016/1...ad-tyre/213604
www.michelin.com/eng/content/download/18647/403042/version/2/file/CP-POWER+RS-EN-VF.pdf
http://www.cambriantyres.co.uk/new-m...power-rs-tyre/

I am thinking of replacing my worn Supercorsa SP with a pair of Power RS next year and if they are as good as MCN claims they would fit my needs perfectly Would be nice to see some reviews on the forum as people try it out.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tiltmeister For This Useful Post:
dixon cider (11-26-2016), tary preisser (11-25-2016)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-25-2016, 07:36 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

I've never looked at the supersport EVO as a street tire, its always been a trackday tire to me. So I doubt I'll be trying these guys out. Sure wish they'd give up on the PP3 garbage though. Bring back the pures!

06 F4i- Yoshimura RS-3C, Racetech springs and valves, Ohlin's rear shock, steel brake lines, 520 conversion. 82k miles and counting.....
08 600RR- Stripped trackbike. CRG shorty brake lever, goodridge front brake lines.
------Disclaimer: I can't spell------
The Following User Says Thank You to bored&stroked For This Useful Post:
dixon cider (11-26-2016)
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-26-2016, 05:44 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored&stroked View Post
I've never looked at the supersport EVO as a street tire, its always been a trackday tire to me. So I doubt I'll be trying these guys out. Sure wish they'd give up on the PP3 garbage though. Bring back the pures!

Hehehe! I think the Power Supersport EVO was a bit of a "mis-understood" tyre. Maybe because of Michelin's marketing department, and was always benchmarked against Racing Street/trackday tyres such as Pirelli Supercorsa SP V2, Metzeler Racetec RR, Bridgestone RS10 and similar. I think it is more of a fast road tyre rather than a full on trackday tyre. More like a Diablo Rosso Corsa and Sportec M7RR.

However this Power RS tyre seems to get quite good feedback from journalists and seems to raise the bar within the hypersport class of tyres.

Michelin Power RS: rivoluzione francese - InMoto (Italian but is readable if using Google Translate)

Power Supersport Evo review for reference:

Tyre Review: Michelin Power Supersport Evo | MCN

Anyways, it will be interesting to see how this tyre perform in wet/damp conditions. I'll be replacing my Supercorsa SP's with a pair of these next spring :-)
The Following User Says Thank You to Tiltmeister For This Useful Post:
dixon cider (11-26-2016)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page