Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

BT023 vs Q3 vs Angel GT

4K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  hero danny 
#1 ·
So I need new tyres, went to the bike shop and was given prices for the tyres mentioned in the titles. Anyone got any experience with these? I'm looking at spending at least $130 more for the Q3s and GTs, is spending this extra money worth it?

I typically just do weekend rides on twisties, I'm not super quick but also not super slow. Not sure if track days are on the horizon just yet. Also, what sort of range could I expect out of these tyres?

#2 ·
One of these things is not like the other, one of these things is not the same *cue sesame street music*

The Q3's are agressive sport tires, the other 2 are more commuting sport tires. Q3's are EXCELLENT tires.

#4 ·
Any of the tires you listed will work just fine for what you have in mind. Lots of people rave about the Q3's and while I think the are fine, there are others as good, if not better, also available.

But you will not be disappointed in any of these tires, though loom at date codes because I think the 023's are getting outdated.

#6 ·
The BT023's sell like wildfire. I just bought another set and the tire date was 3 weeks before they arrived to my house lol. I get about 15k out of a set of BT023's on a sport tourer, with 2 track days.

The Q3's wear very well if you keep the pressures up to OEM specification. I got 11k on my CBR I used to have.

You would be hard pressed as a street rider to outride the BT023.

#5 ·
I would recommend the Pirelli Angel GT's for every bike on the road. They're fantastic tires, excellent mileage, exceptional grip in the dry & wet. If you plan on doing trackdays these will last up to mid pack intermediate group no problem. Quite honestly, for most people Angel GT's, Pilot Road 4's or any dual compound sport touring tire is more than enough. I would much rather get 10-12K out of a set of tires than buy a new set for the street every 5-7K for a 'supersport/track' tire. Just my two cents.

#9 ·
I also need new tires, I just got 13k miles out of my PR4's and the rear is finished, going to change front out too to keep things consistent....

I sorta want the Q3's but I hate the idea of changing tires in the middle of the season... I also don't think I ride aggressively enough to justify the grip. 3k miles isn't enough imo.

I am now heavily considering Pilot Power 3's, they offer more grip than my PR4's but will still last 7-8k miles which is an entire season for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.