Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Dunlop Q3+ (New for 2017)

7K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  decubitus 
#1 ·
So Dunlop is apparently releasing a new tire next month. They've taken a page out of Samsung/Apple/all-other-smartphone's books and calling it the Q3+. Links below.

The gist: Larger contact patch and longer wearing down the middle.

Product page: Sportmax Q3+ | Dunlop Motorcycle

Motorcycle.com review: Dunlop Sportmax Q3+ Tire Review

#2 ·
I get plenty of miles out of them already, if they keep upping the mileage I'll end up replacing them from dry rot vs wearing them out. Nice.

#3 ·
How many miles are you getting out of them? I have yet to wear out a set of Q3 on the street but most people seem to say they don't last.

One of the reviews also says you can get up to 8 track days out of them. That would be amazing but I don't see how hardening the center compound is going to help with track wear. I get about 4 days out of the current Q3--but I prefer to change them before they are totally worn.

#6 ·
for the aggressive canyon riding and occasional track days i do the normal q3s do me very well. i usually get at the most 5k miles per rear at the very most. i usually replace the front every second rear replacement . i would imagine if i rode harder they would wear out faster but ive had no trouble with these tires at all. im definatly looking forward to trying out the q3+

#10 ·
It helps when you bike is maybe making 98hp at the rear wheel. As for the front no idea, I push that f'er hard constantly. Every stop is a panic braking practice session.

#11 ·
I currently have 6K on my Q3 that is being replaced tomorrow. I run it at 35 or 36 PSI I was not easy on it and did enough hard riding on it since last spring. They hold up fairly well. I'm going to push this one harder to see if it decreases the wear by that much more or not

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.