Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

So how do you positions your helmet(s)?

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  metalron 
#1 ·
So I was always this guy who would just pop my lid and buckle up in the most natural form possible but I've seen some talk about positioning it much lower, as in pulling the chin bar lower, is that something you guys do? I think i remember revzilla also telling me that at one point. It feels best between both the positions but pulling it lower the most covers my chin at the max and I "feel" more safe but then i feel like i'm bring it way too lower since the part on my forehead feels slightly funny.:confused1

#2 ·
It's hard to describe, but I position mine where the part that rests against my forehead, just above my brow, feels most snug all the way around my head which happens to be the largest circumference of my head. This results in my chin barely protruding from the bottom of the helmet (if looking from the side). Although, when I say "I position mine..." it's really just the natural way it sits comfortably on my head. I don't have to move it any particular way to get it to feel right. Of course, it may be the way I broke in the interior padding so that's why it's comfortable.

#4 ·
I've noticed the AGV Pista/veloce to be precise felt more comfortable with a more aggressive chin pulled down position compared to the shoei X14 which feels more unnatural if i place it the same way, i like the AGV feeling better but then got the shoei sit it was a more snug fit that I was looking out for.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.