Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

2nd gear clutch ups

4K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  OzMoto 
#1 ·
I can clutch it up in first but I don't like to cause the throttle is super touchy so I don't go no more then about a foot or so higher, but when I try to do it in second I can only get it up a few inches Im rolling bout 40 MPH at bout 6k rpms and pull in clutch giver throttle pop clutch but it won't come up, and when I try to give more throttle on the next try it will sometimes just like jerk forward and sounds rough on the engine. Iv looked all around but everything I read is just saying giver more throttle but when I do it does that to me. Like I said first gear comes up pretty smooth but that's going like 20 MPH maybe less I don't really look at that when I do the first gear. What iam I doing wrong? Thanks (sorry for another wheelie post)

#2 ·
I ride second around 6k, then clutch in and rev to about 11-12k and let the clutch out fast/smooth. You're not dumping the clutch, just slipping it.

I'm running -1/+2 gearing also if that helps.

#3 ·
It is quite the challenge to clutch up second gear on stock gearing. You really have to raise the rev's as the torque just isn't there. It will wear out the clutch for sure, just have fun with 1st gear wheelies and buy a CBR1000RR if you want 2nd/3rd gear wheelies. 100mph wheelie... lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.